I was just released from prison

State and local government assistance programs.
SandyAla
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was just released from prison

Post by SandyAla »

I have been in prison for 7 years. I was released April 19, 2013. I had help getting a trailer to rent. I am disabled and get social security check. My check is $852 but because of an over pay my first check will only be$466. My rent is $435. I have no food in my house and have been eating thrown away food from a Mexican restaurant up the street. I have congestive heart failure and need to see a doctor to get my medication. They gave me enough to last a month when I was released. I need help really bad. I'm trying to change my life but it is real hard when you worry about how you are going to pay your bills and eat. I thank you for your time. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I was just released from prison

Post by Admin »

While there are no promises, the Catholic Charities in San Diego may help ex-prisoners. They try to help them transition back to "society" and offer counseling, basic needs, and more. Try them. Catholic Charities may also have referrals to clinics in south California for your medical condition too. Read more.
SandyAla wrote:I have been in prison for 7 years.
Berman

Post by Berman »

Good Morning!
I have a son who is in Faribalt Prison and will be released in November. He is in on a drug charge. His sister has moved to Minneapolis and is going to help it when he is released. The issue we are running into is trying to find an apartment for my daughter to rent that will allow him to live with her. I really don't understand how he is supposed to get a new lease on life if now one gives if the opportunity to show he has become a better person.
Anyway, do you have a suggestions on places I can call about renting a place to live? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, are there any programs my son can sign up for to help him get on his feet? I'm going to help as much as possible. I have Lupus so sometimes my life is very limited to what I can do.
Hope to hear back from you. Have a bless day!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, we do have suggestions and information on rental places. But an ex-prisoner will have more difficulty; very few landlords will want to lease to one. Right or wrong, it is a fact. But try the list of low income assistance programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Berman wrote:Good Morning!
I have a son who is in Faribalt Prison and will be released in November. He is in on a drug charge. His sister has moved to Minneapolis and is going to help it when he is released. The issue we are running into is trying to find an apartment for my daughter to rent that will allow him to live with her. I really don't understand how he is supposed to get a new lease on life if now one gives if the opportunity to show he has become a better person.
Anyway, do you have a suggestions on places I can call about renting a place to live? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, are there any programs my son can sign up for to help him get on his feet? I'm going to help as much as possible. I have Lupus so sometimes my life is very limited to what I can do.
Hope to hear back from you. Have a bless day!
Kendrick1

Post by Kendrick1 »

I was recently released from prison and am struggling finding stable housing. I have no money and my parents have very little money to help me with. I have ten job interviews lined up for next week so I will be employed VERY soon but I need a place to live ASAP. Please contact me.
Thank you for your time and effort. I will do anything and the drug traffic here don't want my children around the problems.