Not collecting unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Verbal12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Not collecting unemployment

Post by Verbal12 »

Hello, My wife and 2 children, 8 and 10 years old, are living in a section 8 approves house already. We have been for the last year or more. I lost my job in February and my wife lost hers soon after. Luckily it was income tax time so we where able to keep our heads above water. But now it seems all our funds are depleted. Neither one of use are drawing unemployment benefits. So we are at rock bottom. I've never thought I would have to contact section 8. But I have a family to look after. They are depending on me. Please, if there is any help you can offer, I need all I can get. We only have a rent payment $500 per month. An electric bill, averages around 120-150 dollars a month. My truck loan, which is way behind now, 150 per month, and another load I had from about 2 years ago for a 4 wheeler. I am currently appealing my being terminated because there is no written documentation. But I've been doing that since February. We are flat broke. Please help,
Thank you,
Rolle

Re: Not collecting unemployment

Post by Rolle »

Hello,
I am in need of some assistance or direction as to what to do. My fiancee was laid off a few weeks ago and applied for unemployment assistance and has been told that his payments have been delayed due to someone possibly trying to use his identity. They told us that it won't even be reviewed for a possible 21 business days! We have a daughter and a baby on the way and I don't know how we are going to survive if we don't have some compensation for his unemployment. It's not his fault that someone was using his identity, and we have a baby due and daughter! How can you direct me on what programs are available to us immediately?
I thank you for your immediate time and response to this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many states will allow a person to get some type of cash compensation while you are waiting for unemployment benefits to kick in. It may be per state law and regulations, and public funds are allocated for this. You may also look into some type of credit counseling for that identity theft issues. As far as the unemployed goes though, once again, try public aid or social security or something like that. Click here.
Merkey

Post by Merkey »

Hi, we are a family of 3 living in Oakland CA 94601. My husband has a job and we only have one income, as I am on unemployment. We also have a 3 year old daughter. We are living by faith, all of my husband’s money is going to bills and we don't have enough money to get my husband to work for his gas.
We have try to applied for cash aid but they say my husband makes too much , which Is crazy to me , because we are on the verge of having no income. Please help us, with our water bill, our rent, child care or food too. I want to get a job and get off unemployment to help my husband but I can't afford to pay someone to watch my daughter. Thank you!!!
Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Often unemployment can be combined with public or government assistance in Oakland. California is known for its public aid, welfare, and benefits. Maybe the government can help you and your family of 3.
Merkey wrote:Hi, we are a family of 3 living in Oakland CA 94601. My husband has a job and we only have one income, as I am on unemployment.