Workman comp not enough to pay the bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Plaskey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Workman comp not enough to pay the bills

Post by Plaskey »

I am employed with Penn State Mechanical,Wilkes-Barre, PA as a server. I was on a kitchen work area that jumped & fell backwards landing on my left heel. I broke my ankle. I received numerous surgeries with plenty of metal hardware to hold things together...I am now going to 6 appointments each week for physical therapy. I am receiving Workman’s Compensation. Which turns out to be half of what I was making before. I am having a lot of difficulty making ends meet...My truck is almost in repossession and my security deposit is way behind that needs to be paid to my landlord. Are there programs that can help me temporarily?
Durham

Re: Workman comp not enough to pay the bills

Post by Durham »

My father in law is down on his luck currently he is working yet due to some bad choices in financial and with women majority of his check is being garnished. He also gets some money from workers compensation funds. I would like options for him possibly getting a place and any other financial assistance to help get him on his feet. He is 55 years old and widowed.
Straahan

Post by Straahan »

Hi there. I was injured on the job exactly a year ago. My workers comp was taken away from me by a shill doctor in November. I have had absolutely no income since then, except for a few weeks of temporary disability from workmen compensation in April of 138 dollars a week. I just got approved for 194 dollars of food stamps on Monday.
I have been lucky enough to have my parents help me with rent and bills so far, but I can't keep asking them to do it. All the legal matters are tied up in court right now, but hopefully coming to an end soon. My rent is 650, and my electric is up to 500 dollars. I feel like such a burden, and the pain is almost impossible to live with, I feel like there is no way out. I've considered suicide a few times. Please help.
movers

Post by movers »

I’m in need of rent assistance and electric. I have a full time job, however about 2 months ago I was injured and broke some ribs. So I was out of work for about 2 weeks and found that bills were piling up fast and workman's compensation did not pay all the bills. I was able to pay last months but since I’m not cleared by doctors to go back to full time in going to be very short on rent. And that’s not even including electric and gas, water.
RinaEllis

Post by RinaEllis »

Hello,
My name is Michelle,
I am a wife and mother of four, like most families right now we are struggling.
My Husband got hurt at work and is on workers compensation which is not enough to pay the bills. Our only car broke, I can not work because of medical issues, unfortunately I'm still waiting to hear from disability.
I'm reaching out to see if my family and I could get help with a vehicle, and also Christmas.
I don't know where else to turn, I've spent hours doing research day in and day out, trying my best to find relief and peace of mind for my family. I'm at a loss for words on what our children's faces will look like Christmas morning, it's something I try not to think about but it burned into my brain.
If you or someone else or a program, foundation can help us or point us in the right direction please let me know as soon as possible. As workman compensation does not pay enough to live on or cover bills. Christmas is coming quickly and we are at a dead end.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Michelle,
Since it seems like you need short term support, maybe try a church for help. They may have money for bills, Christmas gifts, and other support for you, your husband and 4 kids. Learn more on getting help from churches.
RinaEllis wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:57 pm Hello,
My name is Michelle,
I am a wife and mother of four, like most families right now we are struggling.
My Husband got hurt at work and is on workers compensation which is not enough to pay the bills. Our only car broke, I can not work because of medical issues, unfortunately I'm still waiting to hear from disability.
I'm reaching out to see if my family and I could get help with a vehicle, and also Christmas.