I was rejected for government cash assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Hulug
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was rejected for government cash assistance

Post by Hulug »

I am a 23 year old mother to a 7 month old baby. My family isn’t doing a lot to help me at this time and has kicked me out. I have been living in my car with my son and fiancé and have nowhere to go. I need some help and my family isn’t willing to help. I just need some advice on what to do. I live in Cottage Grove and DHS has told me I cannot get TANF because I am not qualified. My birthday is in January but I need help now.
Roker

Re: I was rejected for government cash assistance

Post by Roker »

I need help with me and my daughter. She is 14 and still in high school, but I really don't have enough to support us in everything we need to survive. I am a disabled adult living on $890.00 on my monthly disability income. I usually struggled to stretched out my check until the next month's income. I pay rent $500.00 and my car payment of $219.00 monthly. Phone bill of 95.00 monthly leaves me with NOTHING!! I need financial assistance please in my area, I live in Ventura CA, and my daughter only get food stamps, but don't have any financial aid for her. We were deined for additional disability from the state and federal government. I need help!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to try the community action agency. Often case managers can help low income families apply for government grants and/or cash assistance. There are other programs besides food stamps in Ventura, and they include low income energy assistance, CalWorks, and much more. But find more information on community action. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... artne.html
Judd Alexis

Post by Judd Alexis »

I am in desperate need of utility and rent help. My son was recently hospitalized and since that I have been behind on my bills and my gas just got disconnected today. The government is worthless and takes too long. My landlord is about to evict me and I cant afford my electric to be turned on in my name, which my landlord said if I don’t have it switched in my name by Friday he is getting it turned off. Please if someone can help in any way possible it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, while we feel very bad for you and the family, the truth is the government does not owe you or anyone anything. Any aid paid by them is at their discretion, and no one is entitled to any assistance. That being said, also try local charities, state programs, and the like. As there are many options available, and find state and government programs.
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

Hello, not sure if you can answer my question about apply for cash type aid, but worth a try :) Me & my husband have been going through a awful stressful situation with landlord & PG&E who has us paying payments over 2000 dollars bill that wasn't our account nor bill but to stay at our residents we are having to pay it. But not landlord nor his new tenants are helping so something doesn't seem rite. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the government denied you for assistance, such as cash aid or welfare, there are some legal things you can do. But you and your husband need to be working...as both able bodied adults. Find some steps if denied public assistance. But any charity will also want to see you working too.