Welfare not paying me enough

State and local government assistance programs.
Tiffany1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Welfare not paying me enough

Post by Tiffany1 »

I am a 36 year old, newly single mom of 3 children. I reside in West Virginia. I am writing to you because I am in some serious need of some kind of financial assistance. I have been trying to find work in my area, but my lack of both education and work experience are making it difficult for me to find a job... I am willing to prove all and any details of my situation as needed to determine if you are willing/able to help me. I currently have an income of only $290 per month, but my bills total round up to around $600 per month. I have applied for welfare assistance (food stamps, cash) but only got approved for a very small amount, not enough to help cover bills, child care, etc... I am looking for work, but again, lack of a car, work experience, education hold me back a little bit there... I will not give up, but I need help and I don’t know where else to turn. Please, if you could help... All of my contact information is listed below and I urge you to please contact me if you have any questions or need additional information. Please and thank you so much for your time.
Dannyd

Re: Welfare not paying me enough

Post by Dannyd »

I have been homeless for last 2years. Been staying here and there. Right now I’m living with my 2 sons. I am unable to work and have an appeal pending with social security. I have no income and receive $200 in food stamps only but just got shut off cause I never received paper work that needed signed. My boys rent a trailer for $450.00 monthly and the water isn’t hooked up, have baseboard heaters that rarely work. My one son receives SSI for being disabled and my other son gets $312.00 us every 2 weeks. I have little clothing, sleep on a love seat, and have no stove. I would like to know how I can go on. I don’t want to wake up anymore. I have nothing to look forward to and am hungry all the time...so are my boys. We are just eating enough to let the suffering continue. I don’t know who will help us or where to turn. I feel like a burden and know I am. Any suggestions?!? Please help me, us. Thank you.
Papen

Post by Papen »

Looking for information/assistance regarding my brother-in-law who is living with my wife and son and I, along with his partner, my wife's brother. It is a 4 adult-1 child home. My wife and I own the home and pay mortgage. I am a seasonal worker in North Dakota looking for work during the off-seasons. My wife's brother is unemployed, on welfare, but is awaiting state certification as a pharmacy tech so he can pursue the occupation for which he schooled and graduated for. My brother-in-law is disabled collecting Social Security. My wife is the only income aside from our brother-in-law's disability. Half of all the utilities/bills are the shared responsibility of our brothers but only one is able to contribute right now and only has so much to work with.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Welfare is not meant to pay an entire bill that someone is faced with. It is short term only, and any public assistance is very limited. The goal of it is really to provide people time so they can get a job or maybe increase their income, so it is limited in scope. But maybe your brother should explore disability as well as public aid. So there are different options available, and learn more.
Smoother

Post by Smoother »

I'm a single Mom with two children on welfare. I'm in need of a place to stay. I've tried everything I can and there are just too many people waiting. I'm staying with a friend I don't feel Safe here anymore and it's not a full time place to stay.
Please help my kids start school soon and I have no car or Job. I have some disabilities. I'm afraid that I will be on the street soon. I pray every day for something good to come and help. Thank you for your time. Please help.