I need help in Nashville,TN area

State and local government assistance programs.
aglenn96
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I need help in Nashville,TN area

Post by aglenn96 »

I am currently in school (will graduate in March 2010) and unemployed.We have 3 kids at home.My daughter has Autism and is Mentally Retarded.My wife works full time but there is not enough money to pay the bills.Just looked my bank statement and all my money is gone because the State of Georgia took all my money out of my account .Rent is due,my daughter needs her medication refilled, need groceries,car gonna be repossessed and have to quit school,etc. Just need help for about a month to catch up on bills.Any help is greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need help in Nashville,TN area

Post by Admin »

Hi. It sounds like you have a variety of needs. When this is the case, this may be my favorite resource to find the widest variety of assistance programs in Tennesse. Many charities and other groups. Read thru this and contact some groups for help.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... =6&stid=20
Municex

Post by Municex »

I am a single mom in Nashville and I was on temporary disability for 3 months and when I went back to work they deducted my paychecks to pay back to disability and now I am falling behind on all my bills and my roommate is moving out soon which I will have to 1500.00 a month in rent. I just need some assistance for the next few months to get caught up so I am able to pay the rent as well. Is there anything out there I can do I have no other help accept for getting a second job in Nashville which I am looking into, but my son is still young and I want to be able to still be around for him and not always working since I work full time now however my job doesn’t pay a whole heck of a lot. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not think they can deduct your paychecks. Short term disability is a protection in a crisis, and the county of Davidson Tennessee should be able to advice you on your rights. Or try legal aid in Nashville. So pursue that. But in the meantime, there are places to turn for for financial aid in Davidson County that may help you while you are battling your employer.
Municex wrote:I am a single mom in Nashville and I was on temporary disability for 3 months and when I went back to work they deducted my paychecks to pay back to disability and now I am falling behind on all my bills and my roommate is moving out soon which I will have to 1500.00 a month in rent. I just need some assistance for the next few months to get caught up.
Machelle F

Post by Machelle F »

Hello, my name is Molly. My fiancée, Andy, and I are currently in a situation where we have until December 25th to move in the Nashville area. I have exasperated all other options, and have called several local resources, with no success. Andy recently lost his job and currently works from home, and I am on disability. So, money is tight, but my dad has agreed to help with some of the initial costs of moving. I am hoping that there is a program or resource that may be available to help in Nashville TN.
I currently reside in Wallan, TN and would like to stay in Blount County. I would like to find a 2 bedroom house that would allow my cat as well. I have a neutered male cat who is my emotional support animal.
If there is any information you can share with me, I would be most appreciative. My information is as follows: Thank you very much for your consideration.
Best Wishes, and God Bless
Mount Pleasant

Post by Mount Pleasant »

Hello, my name is Lauren. I am currently in Nashville Tennessee. I have little to zero income. I am down and out and I have tried everything. I bought a car with the stimulus check and it turned out to be a lemon. With no warranty there is nothing I can do about it  I recently learned that UMC donates cars to people in need. I am almost positive I qualify for that. I would be homeless if it were not for my uncle. Who alone cannot take care of my everyday needs? I have 2 dogs who are also hungry so I have been feeding them my donated food. So, I am again hungry. I do not know what to do and I am hoping to get some answers soon with options in Nashville TN. Thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since your need is around a car, job in Nashville TN, and in general self-sufficiency, try the community action agency. They can help with transportation as well as employment, help you get an income, a car and more. Locate the Metropolitan Action Commission assistance programs.

Mount Pleasant wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:39 am Hello, my name is Lauren. I am currently in Nashville Tennessee. I have little to zero income. I am down and out and I have tried everything. I bought a car with the stimulus check and it turned out to be a lemon. With no warranty there is nothing I can do about it  I recently learned that UMC donates cars to people in need.