Social security is not enough

State and local government assistance programs.
BLoyd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Social security is not enough

Post by BLoyd »

I lost my job, it seems my age (51) and the economy has made it difficult to gain employment. I also have my 76 year old handicapped mother living with me with a limited social security income of $1100.00 a month. I went from making $52000.00 a year to now not having money to stay living in our apartment. Any help would be appreciated with rent being my biggest concern. I have about half of the $870.00 needed. I would feel blessed if my mother and I could receive help.
Bruno

Re: Social security is not enough

Post by Bruno »

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to ask financial assistant for our rent and utility bills.
We are in a financial difficulty. I lost my job last December 2012. My husband has no job too. We were able to pay our bills from last year until last month because I used my 401K and some odd jobs. I was sick during after I loose my job. I had severe depression, anxiety and diabetes. As was on social security for a bit too. We were homeless in 2010. We are trying not to go back in the shelter house in Memphis Tennessee. Please help us in our current situation. I am one month late in my rent and according to my landlord I need to pay 2 months (for October and August) this coming December 5. Our monthly rent is $1,405.00 plus penalty of $145.00. So I owe her 2 months rent of $ 2,810.00 plus $145.00 equals $2,955.00. My utility bill is $183.23. We are sending our resume and still waiting for their reply.
Please help my family. You can call me.
JMartin

Post by JMartin »

I'm 58 years old. I live on 640 a month SSI and 120 of stamps.. I have CHF and hp and I also has bronchitis I have been without lights and heat for a year and a half. I had my grandchildren I had to give them up because I wasn't getting much help not even from their parents. I use my money every month to try to keep clothes on their back but things got out of hand. My home needs work. I am behind on taxes just can't bite the bullet anymore. Please help tired.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many shelter homes and transitional facilities in Memphis. So those can be a good option as it will allow you to save money for rent on a new home, maybe find a way to increase your income, etc. However, that is an outrageously high rent for Memphis. So we doubt anyone or agency would contribute or help you. You can probably rent a place for half that price. So maybe stick to the shelter unit and take some basic budgeting classes. More on Memphis transitional houisng.