Grandparent caregiver programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Shauna Mac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Grandparent caregiver programs

Post by Shauna Mac »

Not by choice stay at home grandmother. I am taking care of my grandchild (God send). I have to be available for my grandchild (health issues), my car is on its' last leg and I have medical issues. Trying to find a legit job I can work from home, with no luck. I am at my wits end. I am about $1000 behind in bills and have nowhere to turn here in San Antonio Texas. Have been selling off house items.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grandparent caregiver programs

Post by Admin »

That is great of you to take care of your grandchild. There are sometimes care giver type programs in Texas, and your local agency on aging office may be the best place to try for information. There may be financial aid, government benefits, and more for you and the child. Of course income and other restrictions are in place, but they are worth a shot. There are several locations in Bexar County too. Read more on Texas Agency on Aging and senior assistance.
Mussoline

Post by Mussoline »

Hello, I am a Wife, Mother of 14,and Grandma of 6. I am writing because I ran out of lemons to make lemon-aid with, I need help, I have never been this low for this long before, and with the exception of my faith in GOD.

I’ve lost faith in mankind. Struggles aren't new to me, nor my Husband, I was a teenage parent, he worked every minimum wage job he could find to make ends meet. And we LOVE our Family, a lot of material possessions were replaced with LOVE. And despite the wars waged in our nation's capital, section-8 has helped us keep a roof over our heads for almost 20 years.

We moved the whole family, except my stepson toFlorida in 2001. We did it, because our hometown of Philadelphia PA. was increasing the drugs, violence, jail and death the, life expectancy of the average teenage boy was 16.

And we have 8 sons. This year, two years after they took over our property managers moved to evict due drug use or possession. The Police found nothing in any part of our home. We elected to leave before we were railroaded out of our voucher. That was almost 5 months ago. We have a voucher now as VHDA believed us, so we've been looking since July.

At Least twice during references the prospective landlord was lied to, something my legal aid attorney said they weren't allowed to do. After we moved out we learned that this company is taken over almost all section-8 housing in the Dade county. This company is still being lauded, but our problem is being homeless for 5 months, for them using the court to ban us from seeing our grandchildren, filing false information to obtain no trespassing, and blackballing us, so that we will eventually lose our voucher.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression, because of that our current only income is $710, our family is spread out in Miami, and the money is gone before I get it. Now the holidays are upon us, and in 22 years, no matter where we were, we struggle. It is because before section-8, I lived with my family in a crack house, a dollar house, and unsteady relatives. We lived in Houses sold to be fix up, ours had no heat or plumbing, but my babies got Christmas.

This year is killing me. I am lost, and I feel alone, many that I was completely candied with used it against us, we really need help. I never hurt anyone deliberately as an adult, and have tried to help people in need, who are worse off then us. But my youngest children are suffering, and it's more then I can bear, can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are agency on aging centers in Miami Florida that can help the elderly or grandparents caring for a child. There are programs such as Kinship and others that you may find useful. They can also provide counseling for the depression which you have, and offer support. For example, many seniors are also top priority when it comes to Christmas help and other aid in Florida. But contact an aging center, and find Florida agency on aging locations.
Ashley C

Post by Ashley C »

Greetings, I am writing you today to see if there some program or help you could point me toward to or a caregiver service. I have a large family and small income (about $400 a week) and care for my grandmother. We have run out of space. Its 8 of us living in a 3 bedroom townhome. We need a bigger house but can't afford the rent in a decent neighborhood away from the crime. Are there any grants, caregiver assistance programs people like us? As of right now, I am a taxi driver, and my wife is struggling to find gainful employment. Most jobs offer low wages that actually put us in worse off situations once you tack on daycare and travel charges that come into play when we both work at the sometime. Additionally I care for my grandmother whom is ridden with many illnesses, she has been having a lot of respiratory problems because of the steps and long walks in the apartment she lives in, and she never has any money left for food and her medicine after they auto deduct her bills from her payments. My grandmother gets retirement income, and even with her income in combination with mine, we still cannot find a 5+ bedroom house with the space we need that is affordable for us if she moves in so I can care for her the way she needs, and she can finally have a little money to eat and get all her meds.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are caregiver programs in California that you can try. Now they should support granparents, uncles, aunts, or really anyone that care for a kid. Look into them for advice and help.
Ashley C wrote:Greetings, I am writing you today to see if there some program or help you could point me toward to or a caregiver service.