All kinds of assistance needed

State and local government assistance programs.
roady22
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

All kinds of assistance needed

Post by roady22 »

I live in the Rockford, IL area and I am looking for any type of assistance with getting my electricity turned back on. My power has been disconnected for almost 5 months due to financial hardship. As the winter months came to a close i entered into a payment plan with COMED. All was well until my husband had to take a pay cut and travel out of state to work. This caused the payment plan to default. One of my daughters has asthma and needs a nebulizer for her breathing treatments. Prior to the disconnect her doctor issued a note that was declined. But I was never informed from them that you can only have two Dr. notes per year. They claim to have contacted me by telephone and explained this. However I never received that call from them. I tried many times to plead with them to receive another payment plan and told no. I even attempted to go to the LIHEAP office and was greeted at the door with a clipboard that the top of the form said "You can not be already disconnected to qualify". We have also lost our medical insurance and are barely making it by as is. With Gas prices the way they are it is impossible to save the money to pay them off. I don't know what to do anymore. Am I supposed to starve my children so i can get electricity. In a world of places that claim we care about our customers it seems very far from it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: All kinds of assistance needed

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on utility assistance in Illinois. You can use use these links for information on utility, heating, and financial assistance programs and government support. Utility programs are http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/illinois_utility_and_energy_bi.html.
Another resource is here. Midway down the page are financial assistance programs by county, so select yours. Towards the top of the page from the link are assistance programs that operate across the entire state.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ill ... grams.html
roady22 wrote:I live in the Rockford, IL area and I am looking for any type of assistance with getting my electricity turned back on. My power has been disconnected for almost 5 months due to financial hardship. As the winter months came to a close i entered into a payment plan with COMED. All was well until my husband had to take a pay cut and travel out of state to work. This caused the payment plan to default. One of my daughters has asthma and needs a nebulizer for her breathing treatments. Prior to the disconnect her doctor issued a note that was declined. But I was never informed from them that you can only have two Dr. notes per year. They claim to have contacted me by telephone and explained this. However I never received that call from them. I tried many times to plead with them to receive another payment plan and told no. I even attempted to go to the LIHEAP office and was greeted at the door with a clipboard that the top of the form said "You can not be already disconnected to qualify". We have also lost our medical insurance and are barely making it by as is. With Gas prices the way they are it is impossible to save the money to pay them off. I don't know what to do anymore. Am I supposed to starve my children so i can get electricity. In a world of places that claim we care about our customers it seems very far from it.
Cuomo

Post by Cuomo »

My wife and I have 3 children. Our oldest is our son, age 12. then we have 2 daughters ages 3 and 4. We are in need of help for Christmas presents. My wife is recovering from a bout with cancer. She under went a year of chemotherapy and radiation. The illness took its toll on her both physically and emotionally. As for myself I was involved in a car accident the first week of January this year causing some minor life threatening internal injuries and fractured fibula and fibula on my right leg, resulting in an 11 fracture break.

I have been through 4 surgeries so far, and a staff infection that slowed my bone growth. I yet look forward to another surgery around the first half of April to remove antibiotic beads and hardware installed to aid healing. our son is living with his grandfather, which is my wife’s stepfather. Our two youngest are living with my wife’s aunt and her family. My wife is on SSDI and I have applied due to my injuries. we live in rural southwest Michigan. Despite our physical limitations we would like to be able to offer our children something that would have the appearance of coming from us. If someone can help us or provide information that will help us I would so greatly appreciate you are doing so.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I have shut off notices on all of my electric and gas in a few days. I only have SSI $721. My rent is $521. I am stuck in a town with nothing and no car. I am in a rut and never have enough money to move or help me move to a cheaper place. I really need help. I could work part time.
Anderson is a dead town. Indianapolis has so much more to offer but if I have to stay here in cheaper place I will. My lease is up August 31st and the rent goes up. I have a broken foot on my left side and other health issues. I am on a few different medications. Those add up when you have no money. Please help before I end up in the street.
Denzell

Post by Denzell »

Hi! Mostly because of the terrible winter I was kicked off the On-trak program because the bill was higher than the allowed amount. It used to be $250 and now is over $1000. I got a shut off date in 10 days. Then my car broke down and it was very necessary to fix it because we have 5 kids and some of them special needs.
I’m so worried about everything that I can't sleep. I also just paid for a van we have to get a new transmission issues and that was very expensive. We have very little money (very!) and no way to pay the electric bill. There are 7 people living here and we make $2300 a month. I don’t know what to do. I have no other places to ask for help. I’m praying that you can help me and my husband and our 5 kids. I would be sincerely grateful and will make sure I do something nice for others. I already do that and will continue to keep doing it. Thank you so much!
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I live in Mogadore, Ohio 44260, In Portage County. My husband and I lost our jobs, and both of us have degrees. We have 4 sons and a daughter. I am waiting to hear if I passed my back ground, and drug screen with a company. I should have no problem, however, the training is for 5 weeks and I will not get paid for 3 weeks. The training starts 4/28. My husband was hired for a company to manage the Ohio region on a commission only basis. He has to go for a day of training in Michigan on the 07/25.
Our tags on our car expired on his birthday 07/11. We have no family or friends that can help us. We also need gas money to get back and forth to work for a few weeks until I get paid. We are 3 weeks behind on our rent. If you can direct me to where I need to go to receive financial assistance for a few weeks I will be eternally grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you and your husband are in a tough stretch, but have been otherwise self-sufficient. That situation is the type that agencies in Portage County and other parts of the country tend to help. You have degrees, are getting a job, etc. While gas vouchers are rare, some places may offer them. Or they may offer a free bus pass while you are waiting on the results of the testing. Here are agencies in Portage County. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... prog1.html
Martina Deb

Post by Martina Deb »

I am desperate for help. I have been homeless for almost two years now. I am on SSI and no one would accept my income. I finally found somewhere that will accept my SSI. My problem is I don't have enough for a deposit and first month’s rent. We need food and money to turn on utilities too. The apartment is on a first come basis. I am 49 years old and I am scared to death I won't be able to get another chance to get ahead with bills and needs. All my paper work has been turned in with hope I can find help. Help my prayers come true.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, with the cost of housing in San Diego being so high, we are not sure if an SSI payment in itself is enough to pay the rent. So try contacting one of the resources for the homeless. Maybe you can apply for transitional housing (which will allow you to save money) and then, only when ready, move out. Then you will have enough for the rent, deposits, and other costs you referred too. So try these San Diego programs that help with rent.
Hyuandai

Post by Hyuandai »

I am 64 year old single female on SSD with monthly income of $1,000. I need all kinds of help. From this I have to pay the following:
Electricity, water, rent ($900+), food out of pocket $100.00/month, copay for medicine needed continuously for Bi-polar Depression. Dr. and psychiatrist about 3 months for prescription evaluation and family doctor For unexpected illness.  Co-pay each visit is between 25 - 40 dollars.  My monthly utilities usually $150 approx.  My phone bill each month varies between $89- 100. As you can see I need all kinds of assistance.