Need more than food stamps

State and local government assistance programs.
Car_Guy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need more than food stamps

Post by Car_Guy »

I am currently unemployed seeking work and have been caring for my ill mother who passed away a month ago w/breast cancer. My only income at present is $200 a month in food stamps. I was caring for my mother at home and was unable to leave her for lengthy periods of time. I need assist. BADLY as my rent is now past due. The base is $600 a month. I still am actively seeking employment but have been unable so far to find work. Very frustrating. Can anyone help??
PaulRyan1

Re: Need more than food stamps

Post by PaulRyan1 »

Hi I live in Lancaster County Pennsylvania and can't afford food. I have normal monthly bills but still have trouble making ends meet. Assistance in my area is hard to get unless you are of a different ethnicity, live in the city and don't have a job. I do have a job and am trying very hard. Could you point me in a direction for help please?
citi and BA

Post by citi and BA »

Good morning,
I am in foreclosure and will be going before the judge next month to be removed from my home. My home has been on the market with Prudential reality, but I have not been able to sale it even with it in short sale status. I cannot continue to stay in the home due to the foreclosure and to the fact that my homeowners insurance is being cancelled. What I need help with is some assistance in my basic living expenses. I am a full time cashier at Wal-Mart, but I only clear $1,200-$1,250 a month. I have a son that is 27 years old and has been unable to get a job. He is unable to drive due to challenges. He and I have both applied for food stamps; however, he was told I was responsible for supporting him and I was told I make enough money. Now, I would like to find out how I go about getting help. The money I make will not support two people. Just in logic the cheapest 2 bedroom apartment in Orange County is $650-$700 a month. If you take that rent money off of what income I have that only leaves me about $500 a month to pay for my utilities, food, clothing, insurance, gas and etc. Thus, it is ridiculous for the government to tell us I make too much money. We Need Help! I should not be force to live out of my car when I am trying and my son is also, trying to find a job. Please email me with who to contact to get help. The online application is not any help. It just says I make too much money. I work in Orange County and my son is applying for jobs in the Orange County area so I can get him back and forth to work. Thus, we are looking for a place to live in Orange County and food stamp assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your mom passing. So you are looking for food stamps? if so, then we have extensive information listed on them. Or are you looking for rent help? Please clarify. However here is one of our main links for the food assistance programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tamps.html
Coper

Post by Coper »

I'm sure its probably too late to ask for help but as Christmas nears I'm seeing things aren't working out for us. I am a single mother of 5 children and a grandchild. Things have been rough on us trying to make ends meet since my divorce. A friend was kind enough to let us stay in a trailer he had vacant. It has so many problems but we are thankful we have a roof.
I've had a lot of extra expenses lately and simply don't have money to get my kids Christmas gifts. Diapers and formula and necessities and they take any money I have left after bills. Our food stamps also do not cover them. So we have done without heat several times because I cant afford wood. If there is anyone that could help our family in any way we would be glad to return the blessing helping with anything we could do. We need help with wood, and clothing and diapers and food. Anything is appreciated.
Brice

Post by Brice »

I'm really stuck in a hard place at the time, currently my job has been cutting hours and it has limited me to handle my bills. How I usually manage them was as follows. I am on food stamps for a couple hundred per month. I have recently gotten a 400 dollar light bill that's due on the 20th which seems unreal since I have a $600 rent money order that I have to send my landlord on the 30th. This is two checks accumulated to help me, in addition to my SNAP voucher. I have never been in a situation as such and really just trying reach out for any kind of help....thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since your employer cut your hours, this makes you a perfect fit for one of the many food banks out there. They can provide free groceries, serve meals, household supplies, and much more. The assistance available from a local food pantry can help offset the benefits you get now from SNAP. So combine the two to feed your family.
Brice wrote:I'm really stuck in a hard place at the time, currently my job has been cutting hours and it has limited me to handle my bills. How I usually manage them was as follows. I am on food stamps for a couple hundred per month. I have recently gotten a 400 dollar light bill that's due on the 20th which seems unreal since I have a $600 rent money order that I have to send my landlord on the 30th. This is two checks accumulated to help me, in addition to my SNAP voucher. I have never been in a situation as such and really just trying reach out for any kind of help....thank you.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

Ello,
My name is Shannon Meek, I lost my job on 12/24/20. I am finally reaching out for some help as I need much more than food stamps can give. I got help with my electric bill. However, I currently have $351.00, my car payment and my rent is due. $600.00. I have applied for unemployment, food stamps and jobs nonstop. I am asking if you help with rent. I am 46 single and having an extremely hard time finding a job. I am so lost and scared. I understand if all can’t help me. I would greatly appreciate an information or suggestions you have for more aid than food stamps.