Had a bad car accident

State and local government assistance programs.
Herrara
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Had a bad car accident

Post by Herrara »

To whom it may concern,
I am currently in need of help for my family and myself. On August 1 2012 I was in a car accident coming home from a charity run. I received multiple injuries, cracked my left knee, road rash covering my right arm, concussion, head injury, and bone showing on right elbow. I have been out of work since then and am currently waiting for a n elbow replacement. There is now no income coming into my home and I don't want to lose all that I have worked so hard for to get. My family consists of 3 children (all girls), my wife and myself. I don't know who to turn to for help. If you could please send my any information on anyone who could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have been in bad situations before but this is the worst one I have ever been in and don't know what to do. I don't know how much longer we are going to last before we start losing our home or vehicle.
ChrisT

Re: Had a bad car accident

Post by ChrisT »

I had back surgery a few years ago and was working in a business office setting.
In December 2014 I was involved in a car accident and injured my back and neck again.
I really could use some assistance on how to apply for assistance/financial/Food/Bills etc.
I have 2 children and my wife so we only have one income for all the bills. It's just not possible to do it on one income. I have been looking for work on a daily basis so can you please help us we are a family in need we have never been in such large financial bind. We are in a very desperate stressful time right now and can’t seem to get any assistance.
Please let me know what I can do for assistance.
Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear of the accident, but there are resources in Jasper County. The main programs may help with financial needs, but you may be a candidate for disability. If you are really out of work then try that avenue too, but it does take a long time to apply. For more information, locate the Jasper County financial aid programs.
Prius1

Post by Prius1 »

I am 66 and retired. Had a part time job October to December 2014. Had to quit because of severe back pain from a car accident. Had back surgery April 2013 for spinal stenosis. I can't find a part time job to supplement my income. I can barely buy food let alone pay all other bills. I need help paying rent for March.
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

Hello my name is Renae I am a single mother of 3 children living in Glenwood Iowa. I lost my business of over 10 years due to Covid and am now unable to work due to needing a major back surgery caused by severe degenerative disc disease and from a young lady rear ending me last March driving over 45 mph while I was sitting at a stop light. It was a bad car accident with my injury.

I receive 37$ month for child support for two kids. My oldest daughter’s dad is behind over 24,000. I get no help from anyone. Not even one grandparent, aunt, uncle, not even their own dad. The kids and I have been through more than anyone should ever have to go through as a parent or child. I never ask for help, even now post car accident or back injury.
I remember when I was a single mom with my first daughter I was restarting my clientele as a cosmetologist in Glenwood, Iowa coming from Omaha Nebraska for over 10 years . I remember it was Christmas and the lady from my daughters daycare asked if I wanted any Christmas help. I was offended. I didn’t make much money, but I thought there was a lot more kids out there that needed the help. All of my life I have seen Salvation Army out during Christmas ringing the bells collecting money plus in the Christmas spirit knowing a lot of the people were probably irritated, treating them like used car salesman at times.
Well, I am a grown adult now 47 to be exact and I needed help from the terrible car accident. We need help. I decided to look at all the different programs trying to figure out which one would be the best for my family. Hands-down Salvation Army without a doubt , they help everybody right? I started reading about the angel tree and the programs where someone adopts your entire family. I was amazed at all the help. Heck were even cars donated to people at a times. Pretty much if you had any problems, the Salvation Army would be your best bet to get help. the Salvation Army helps everyone, they are the largest they have been around the longest and they have people everywhere including the stores. I was a little leery because I tried to get a hold of someone for school supplies last August.
I left several messages and no one ever got back to me at several different locations. I read what you needed to bring to ask for Christmas help and it says go to your nearest Salvation Army as a matter fact, when I called one of the main offices, they told me counsel Bluffs would be my closest location. Well, what started out to be exciting and new, knowing that I was going to have a little relief. I got all my stuff together used the last $10 I had for gas and drove to 16th St. to sign myself and Kids up for Christmas help. I had everything you would need, but they forgot to leave one thingnout!!!
The Salvation Army will not help you if you do not have a store pretty much in your backyard. Because I live in Glenwood we don’t have a Salvation Army here but I was told they only offer help locally. What about these small towns surrounding, I cannot believe I was being turned away. Not because I made too much money, or was rude to anyone there, but I was discriminated against because of where I did or did not live. I am sorry, but if any family needs help, they should get help. If the help is there, I’m sure every person that donates would feel the same way. They wouldn’t pick and choose.
That’s what it’s therefore. I hate places like this. They want you to bring this. They want you to bring that they want you to prove this and prove that they continuously announce how many millions of dollars they have made but I never see any of it, when we need help we are turned away. turned away from living 20 minutes away. Just not in the same county. I’m sorry we don’t have a Salvation Army and the thing they have for in Glenwood. I’m sure doesn’t have anything on what you could offer my children.
It’s not fair. with a bad car accident. I will tell you one thing there’s one place and one place only that isn’t about the money they don’t care how much you make. They don’t care if you show Social Security cards or whatever they don’t care what religion you are, that is St. Vincent de Paul. Those people do not discriminate whatsoever never once when I by chance happen to call them when I severely needed school supplies.
I was even crying leaving messages, but never once did anyone call me back including you guys. I know I sound rude, but I just want people to start remembering why this help is there for people that need it and if you need it you need it obviously that’s why you’re there. They’re just too much sometimes and all for getting the help that was given for that purpose exactly to give help not to check IDs and check Social Security cards and make sure what county they live in. Just remember these kids just want a nice Christmas who cares. I would appreciate a phone call back at least one explain to me why I was turned away when your Internet says otherwise or what website I should say.