Widow needs help with bills

State and local government assistance programs.
zen1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Widow needs help with bills

Post by zen1 »

I need sum help. My husband of 14 yrs died and I am trying to get back on my feet. Every time I think I am moving forward; I fall 8 steps back. I lost my job and can't pay my bills. I have three kids and it has really been a hard road for them. I am about to get evicted, I got a disconnect notice for both my electric and water. Its hard for me to ask for help but I'm at the end of my rope. I really need sum grief counseling but I can't catch up on my other bills or keep food on there table, so counseling has to wait. I am a good woman who has been handled a difficult hand the last few years and I just need someone to help me pick myself back up and headed in the right direction. I would really like to go back to college but at this point my wants aren't important, my families basic daily needs are.
McDaniels
anti spam: Blue

Re: Widow needs help with bills

Post by McDaniels »

Hello,
I am writing to see what kind of assistance you are available to offer to my mother. She is a resident of Bamberg County, who is a widow, and does not have any income. She was declared disabled several years ago and was placed on social security disability. She went back to work to try to see if she were able and had a stroke shortly thereafter. She currently has Medicare Part A, and a pending reinstatement for disability. She also cares for a brother who is now on disability and I would like to know if there is anything that will allow her compensation for that as well.
The following assistance that she is in need of is Medical, Rent, Electric and Prescription Assistance Programs.
Any guidance or directives that you may provide will be greatly appreciated.
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

Rent, food assistance. I have no family as my husband just died, only one child and I’m renting a room. I was let go from work 2/5/14 and I have been looking for jobs. It is hard because I have little gas left and I have plenty of interviews, my roommate is close to kicking me out because I wasn’t able to pay $600 every last Monday of the month. I have never been this helpless and I am about to loose faith and I have been eating oatmeal for a week. Please help me live just this once. God Bless us all.
Baughman

Post by Baughman »

To whom it may concern,
My recently widowed mother is unable to pay this month's rent due to her misunderstanding about widow's compensation through social security. She is disabled with multiple scoliosis and has a teenage dependent. How can she receive assistance for this month's rent due to financial hardship?
Donnatell

Post by Donnatell »

I'm a widow and my husband passed away 4 years ago. I only live on his social security which is helpful but yet not enough to pay my bill and keep food on the table. I find myself struggling to make ends meet. After I pay the mortgage and rising health care costs I don't have any disposable cash left to pay my bills which a big part of is the electric bill. Please help me with info.
Bamburg

Post by Bamburg »

My husband passed away. I have to much bills going out and not a enough to pay them back. I am living in a hotel trying to buy a house or rent but I have a disabled son and we're needing a good size place for us. We need at least a 4 bedrooms as there's 6 of us. If anyone can help me with my hardship. Doesn't anyone help a widow?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

States or local agencies often help widows or provide funeral type help. Try one or more of the government assistance programs for your needs. Even if the death of a recent spouse occurred unexpectedly, you can still be able to get support. So start there.
JMichales

Post by JMichales »

I recently became a widower and now a single mother of 3 school aged children. I have a 18 year old disabled son who by the grace of God will graduate this year a 11 year old daughter, an a 6 year old little boy. I am struggling financially. It is extremely bad and really need help with school supplies, clothes, etc. Whatever help I could receive would be gratefully appreciated by me an my children. Sincerely and God Bless You.
Magenta

Post by Magenta »

I am a 61 guardian/grandmother of a 6 year old girl & a 7 year autistic boy after my daughter passed. My 18 year granddaughter will lose her survival benefits when she graduates high school in June. We did receive housing until I began receiving widow's benefits. Can we get back on the list before she graduates high school because without that income we won't be able to pay rent? Thank you.
Meteorite

Post by Meteorite »

My husband passed in January due to cancer. I'm struggling to just get by. I need help with my power my water and my rent. I just have no other way to do it and I'm disabled myself. If you could please help I live in Thomasville North Carolina.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry for your loss. Many agencies help when someone suddenly passed away. There are programs in Davidson County, as noted here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... e_pro.html
Maybe they can be options for you.
Meteorite wrote:My husband passed in January due to cancer. I'm struggling to just get by. I need help with my power my water and my rent. I just have no other way to do it and I'm disabled myself. If you could please help I live in Thomasville North Carolina.