Immigrant needs help

State and local government assistance programs.
M Dreir
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Immigrant needs help

Post by M Dreir »

To Whom This May Concern:
I am contacting the likes of your organizations because I and my family have relocated to the United States. We traveled abroad, and unfortunately were unable to exit due to civil land wars. We exited on emergency U.S. Embassy funds which of course comes with a price. Nonetheless, we have returned and have been placed in a temporary housing shelter. Of course all good things come to an end. We are allotted a short stay in order to find work and housing. However, the work that is acquired is often minimum wage with minimal hours to offer. With that we are expected to sustain housing on a budget that does not meet the requirements. Furthermore, we would need assistance with our utilities, home furnishing, basic home necessities, a computer for home employment and online homeschooling, car acquirement, public transportation funds, and grant assistance in order to increase our value in this demanding job market. Of course the request for assistance is just until we are able to get on our feet. Therefore, I would truly appreciate any feedback that could help us build a new foundation for ourselves. I appreciate your time.
Muhammod

Re: Immigrant needs help

Post by Muhammod »

My husband is a disabled police officer with an income of $1150.00 per month. I was diagnosed with COPD 2 years ago and am working on getting disability. I am a new immigrant to this country and we live in New York City. We are struggling to make ends meet. We are currently on Food Stamps with a total of $98.00 per month. We have window air conditioners and our main one quit working about 2 weeks ago. Is there any help that we can get? I'm not begging for a lot of money or anything, just a little help. Thank you for your time.
Mary B W

Post by Mary B W »

Hello, My family is struggling. We currently live in Georgia and our fairly new to the county. We were in a temporary shelter last Thanksgiving and for Christmas as well. My husband finally found a job but we are barely making it. We still receive Food Stamps, Heap and medical assistance.

My older son is 18 and goes to a school for kids who have learning disabilities and behavioral issues. My 4 year old has Autism and is home schooled. He is considered disabled although I don't. I think he's perfect. I've been reading online about my family possibly being adopted for the holidays? But I can't find any site that allows me to sign my family up. It's very hard for me to ask for help but I'm desperate. On top of everything else my husband is having shoulder surgery on 4/10/14. He's a mason and he needs his shoulder fixed so he can work. I'm desperate. I will do anything. I'm all out of options. I've been crying uncontrollably at times because the thought of my kids waking up to nothing would devastate me and my 7 year old would think Santa forgot him.

If you can point me in any direction for help I would be forever in your debt. And you would make my kids feel like they haven't been forgotten. Before we fell on hard times I always donated and would leave toys in the boxes at Toy R Us and food walking out of the supermarket but I never asked where it was going. Now that we need help, I can't find any. I would be more than happy to volunteer if you need me too. I would actually love to give back. PLEASE I'm BEGGING you. Any information would help me tremendously. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my email and have a great day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While not all cases, Catholic charities often can help immigrants and newcomers. They do have several member churches in Georgia. The fact your husband is working should help in your application to them, and they usually have a dedicated immigrant center on site.
So are you working? Even a part time job when your husband is home to help ay for those medical costs or other bills. There are many part time jobs in the Fulton County Georgia area. A social worker from Catholic Charities can help with that too, so maybe try the Atlanta Catholic Charities for help.
Tony Hawkins

Post by Tony Hawkins »

I live with my family, with my wife and daughter 4 years old. We are immigrants and arrived from another country in February and already registered for ESL lessons. We are permanent resident and holders of green cards. We already rent an apartment for one year and rent price is $1075. But it does not include utility of electricity, air conditioning and phone. We do not work because we must go for ESL lessons as being new immigrants it is important. We need to pay our rent. Thank you.
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

Hi
I am new immigrant currently I am unemployment, I live in PG County Hyattsville, MD 20785.
Currently I am paying $1195 each month as you know I am new immigrant and still I am unemployment, I have question regarding RENT AND ENERGY ASSISTANT PROGRAM.
Am I eligible to receive rental or utility benefit?
If I am eligible to receive rental benefits how to apply where I should go and contact with?