Rent and food

State and local government assistance programs.
Lester1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent and food

Post by Lester1 »

Hello, my name is Les and have had no income for over a month now since falling and breaking my hip. Not sure what to do next as I have looked into rental assistance which there is no help. Also have looked into food pantries as I have no food. Still no agencies to help me out there in Columbus Ohio. What should I do next?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent and food

Post by Admin »

Agree in that you do want to address the lack of food first. There are many pantries and soup kitchens in Ohio and Columbus. Call or stop by the centers, and social workers may have referrals to rent help for you as well. Also, if you broke your hip, also look into disability as well as the food banks. Read more.
TimPfeifer

Post by TimPfeifer »

Hello, I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m trying to help my family out. My mom is now a single mother and my brother has ADD and ADHD. He’s our only income, my mom just got out from prison and she’s trying to look for work but its hard in the downriver area. We even found a dog in an abandoned house, looked like a fighting dog house so we took her home to our dog and he had puppies. But my dog was deaf and escaped from my house that were now getting evicted on December 6th and are only income is 700 a month and we cant pay for our security deposit. We are also out of food, can't afford a fridge and stove but I can live without that stuff. If I can just maybe get a house to live with my family... so please if you can will you be so kind so my family isn’t on the streets.
Hyuandai

Post by Hyuandai »

I been out of work since the end of October because I had my child! I been trying hard to keep my bills up until this month! I had to have a C-section to have my baby and the place where they cut me at open back up! I can't go back to work right now because of that and I am in desperate need of help for my food, paying my rent (550) and my light bill (400)!
My last check from work was 129! I really don't have money for anything, not even food, and I been calling around and every place I call number disconnected, don't have funds right now, won't have funds until next year, or not helping with assistant anymore! I just need some type of help right now so my family and I are not put out or without any lights! I really need some help right now!
Lisa James

Post by Lisa James »

Hi, I need help with my rent. It is five hundred and 18.00 a month. I live on a monthly income and by the time I pay rent and my bills there’s not a lot left for house items. Things you can't buy with food stamps, I'm 63 and I'm really in need of some help. I've been in the hospital several times, if there is help I get for my rent please let me know as soon as you can. Thank you and god bless all.
Newton Adam

Post by Newton Adam »

Good Morning,
I am looking for emergency help with paying for rent and food. I just recently lost my husband March 26th. I left my job of 7 years to care for him after amputations and the only income was his disability check, which is now gone. I have no job, no money to pay my rent and no money for food. Can you please help me? I am still dealing with the daily calls to facilities for all his medical bills and grieving. I do not know where else to turn.
Thank you