We need help!

State and local government assistance programs.
tammy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

We need help!

Post by tammy »

My husband recently had a heartattack and we need help to pay some bills until he can get back on his feet. We have applied for foodstamps and have gotten them but they do not pay bills or buy other things that are needed such as tissue, washing powders, shampoo, and etc. My husband is only 50 years old and this has caught us off gaurd. We have four children in the home starting at 17 to 8 years old. If there is any type of help out there that can help us please let me know. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: We need help!

Post by Admin »

please post your state / county info, as will help to determine the programs that are in the area.
tammy

Post by tammy »

Sorry new at this. We live in Lonoke county. Cabot AR
Ernest While

Post by Ernest While »

I am disabled and am living with a woman. I only earn $845 per month and I am 56, so jobs aren't the answer. I was able to work part time but was let go and had a heart attack and am now being told I need a left hip replacement ( I already have a right implant). I have no idea how to buy food. I have to pay my share of the monthly bills but my landlord does not want to divulge any information on her income status. I don't blame her, but how can I get help with food and I will also need housing help within the next year or so. My former husband had his name on the mortgage and did a "quick sale" and I lost everything,even my furniture - the situation is hopeless and I am probably writing the the wrong agency for help and if I am could you help by letting me know where to get help. This would be very, very much appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Guess don't understand. Why would you say jobs are not the answer if you are 56? The vast majority of people work at 56. So are you expecting government benefits but have zero interest in working? If that is not what you meant then please clarify. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, and no agency will help in that case. They want people to become self-sufficient. So you may be stuck at that $800+ per month from disability forever, and that obviously isn't much to live on. For housing, maybe try places like Volunteers of america, but if you have no motivation too work I doubt they will help. Here is more information on Volunteers of America.
JohnChandler

Post by JohnChandler »

For the last 6 months it has went from bad to worse. I was working a minimum wage job and my husband was making a weekly salary wage. I changed jobs, got better pay and less hours. Then my husband's health went from not so good to bad. He stopped working and we lost his income. Then my hours got cut and next thing I know they didn't need me anymore. Our oldest son helped with rent till he moved out in August.

Since then I have been looking for work but with my spouse sick I worry every minute I am away. The little I can make here and there has some how kept the water and power on. Our rent is due on the 15th of each month and the landlord worked with us last month but I still don’t have it for last month and July's rent is due in just a few day . How do I tell my kids we will be kicked out of our home before Christmas even comes. And if that isn’t enough I know I am losing their dad slowly every day . Yet he would still do anything he can to help us as a family. My daughter had her 16th birthday and cried because she didn’t want me to spend money on her when she knows how much we need it for our bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can your oldest son move back in to help with the rent? Also, try the Salvation Army for assistance. They may be able to get your husband and you some support. they also arrange general counseling for people that are sick, so you fall into that category too. They also offer many other resources that may be able to help. Find emergency assistance from Salvation Army.
tesla

Post by tesla »

I'm married, we have four children. They are Female 12, female 9, female 2 will be three in September, male will be two in September. We live in Washington County, Springdale, Arkansas. We are in need of help with clothes, shoes, everything really. I have chronic illness that costs for doctor visit and medications. We need help!
Fortunately I have insurance through my husband job which just for me is $180 a month and some medications are not covered and are not cheap. We have reached out to the DHS for snap and ARKIDS. They have sent us an appointment so we praying for that. Honestly we a struggling for a lot of just basic needs things I didn't think we would need help with. Oh also I did get the younger kids on WIC last month. That has helped.
If you can help with any resources and information on where to get assistance I would be grateful as we need all the help we can get. Also if there is things like if you volunteer you get food or help with bills, clothes, shoes, cleaning supplies, diapers. I can do light work. I don't have no one to watch my children, so I will have all four with me. I can't work several hours a day so if they can separate hours I can manage. I hope this don't affect me but I can't not operate any machinery because of my medication. Please let me know as soon as you can.
Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need shoes, clothes, etc. then try a clothing bank. As they often give free items to low income families, and there are some in Washington County Arkansas.
As far as financial help for you and your 4 kids, there may be some charitable programs too. Find options and resources here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ce_p9.html

tesla wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:51 am I'm married, we have four children. They are Female 12, female 9, female 2 will be three in September, male will be two in September. We live in Washington County, Springdale, Arkansas. We are in need of help with clothes, shoes, everything really. I have chronic illness that costs for doctor visit and medications. We need help!
Fortunately I have insurance through my husband job which just for me is $180 a month and some medications are not covered and are not cheap. We have reached out to the DHS for snap and ARKIDS. They have sent us an appointment so we praying for that. Honestly we a struggling for a lot of just basic needs things I didn't think we would need help with. Oh also I did get the younger kids on WIC last month. That has helped.