Need help in Colorado

State and local government assistance programs.
Lesley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help in Colorado

Post by Lesley »

Hi! I am a pregnant mother of four in Aurora, Colorado. I work full time, and go to school online. I will have my associates degree in business in January, just 19 days before my baby or babies are due. I am looking for a second job, because the one I have is not enough to save my mortgage, which has not been paid in four months. I don't really know that I will have the strength to work a second job while I have a full-time job, full-time school, and pregnant, but I am trying. I have unemployed family members living with me as well, and they have been unable to find work. Even if they get a job tomorrow, it will be too late to save my house.
My bank stole the money from my personal checking account (all of my bill and food money) to pay for a business checking account that had four hundred dollars in overdraft fees for a two dollar overdraft, which I did not think was legal, and will dispute with them tomorrow. I have banked with them for over ten years, and they should be ashamed of themselves. Even if it is legal, it is definitely immoral.
In the meantime, I need to save my house for my children, which is almost $5,000 that I have no way to get. My credit has gone downhill since I lost the good-paying job that I had last year. I can't borrow the money.
I am trying to get the mortgage company to modify the loan, but they keep "losing" my faxes.
If there is any small part of my situation that someone can advise me on, I would really appreciate it. I am running out of ideas. I need any help that I can get.
Sincerely,
Lesley Mays
(303)632-7469
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help in Colorado

Post by Admin »

Hi, Here are some programs that can help. You should be able to qualify for help with utiltiy bills. Try Energy Outreach Colorado, which is an Utility Bill Assistance Program that distributes energy and utility bill assistance dollars year round through 78 community-based organizations at 93 charities and other that cover all 64 Colorado counties.
For mortgage help, try a loan morification. HEre is more info. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _help.html
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

Thank you. I have been trying to get a loan modification, but my lender keeps "losing" my faxes. I can't afford a lawyer.
Matt Lehman

Post by Matt Lehman »

I am a single mother of two children and live in Colorado Springs. I don't have enough money to pay rent because my children's dad just stopped paying child support a month ago. I need about 450 dollars. I am working but it is not enough to pay for everything. We have no food and my car is almost always running out of gas. I honestly don't know what to do at this point especially since I want to go to school this semester and I don't think I will be able to do that since I'm looking for a second job just to pay the bills. I am so stressed out because if I get evicted, I will have no where to go and my children and I will end up living in the car again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you are working, and because of that you are more likely to qualify for rent, food, and other assistance in Colorado. The state and their programs like to see people making an effort to get ahead. Also ,look into suing for that child support, and maybe their paycheck can be garnished. We do have tons of information on Colorado resources and places to call for help. Children are a priority too. Find help in Colorado.
Amal

Post by Amal »

I'm 52 on SSI long-term came with significant other. I want to move from Colorado to California to see my daughter and new grandbaby. Significant other went back to Colorado to retrieve our household belongings but instead called and said he wasn't returning.
I can’t afford to pay rent, food, utilities and deposits so I’ve been bouncing from couch to couch and staying in my car. I’ve been in California now since March 2014 with no luck. If someone could please help in any way at all so I can find a small forever home for myself and my companion dog.
KimRay1973

Post by KimRay1973 »

I live with my sister, brother in law, and 5 kids. He has recently become physically abusive and we are trying to get out on our own, however, we do not have the financial needs to find our own place in Colorado that is safe for ourselves and the children. Both her and I work full time jobs and are making a paycheck, however, they are not enough to keep our heads above water. What are our option?
Pleasant

Post by Pleasant »

Hi, my name is Holly and I live in Denver Colorado. My boyfriend and I are behind in rent due to his job having legal difficulties and paying their employees. He has been going to work 5 days a week still but they still owe him two 2 week paychecks. He works at that Patriot Shield Security in Denver Colorado which is all over the news from neighbors complaining about odors coming from the factory and also DEP approved machinery and occupancy permits I guess. They did finally pay him 1 out of the 3 paychecks they owed him but we currently owe a little over $2000 in rent. We both work full time and our rent is $750 a month plus all utilities. If there is any advice you can give me on any charities or programs that can help us, we would greatly appreciate it. We live in Colorado. Thanks so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is not good if his employer owes two weeks of paychecks. So sorry. But that fact may help you in your application for emergency assistance in Denver.
While $2000 is a lot to owe, maybe some agencies can give a little financial help and help bridge the gap and give you more time.
Pleasant wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:25 am Hi, my name is Holly and I live in Denver Colorado. My boyfriend and I are behind in rent due to his job having legal difficulties and paying their employees. He has been going to work 5 days a week still but they still owe him two 2 week paychecks. He works at that Patriot Shield Security in Denver Colorado which is all over the news from neighbors complaining about odors coming from the factory and also DEP approved machinery and occupancy permits I guess. They did finally pay him 1 out of the 3 paychecks they owed him but we currently owe a little over $2000 in rent. We both work full time and our rent is $750 a month plus all utilities. If there is any advice you can give me on any charities or programs that can help us, we would greatly appreciate it. We live in Colorado. Thanks so much.