Disability denied

State and local government assistance programs.
Duane_Ford
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disability denied

Post by Duane_Ford »

Hello, I am not sure if you can assist me in any way but I guess i will find out. I am a mother of 5 who was is not one but two car accidents which has left me disabled and during the long 3 year process of applying for disability I have nothing left in me to pay for our bills. My bank is negative, I owe family money for back pay of bills. I just got my decision and I was declared fully favorable for disability but it may take up to 60 more days before I see any funds to pay bills and we will be on the street by then. My lawsuit for the first nasty car accident still is not finalized and it is very frustrating. I never thought my life would end up like this. I was a very good and popular hairdresser and also an animal care technician with an AA degree to be furthered later to a bachelors and now look because of one woman hitting me in a car accident I now cry every night worrying about my family. Can you please help me in some way or steer me in the right direction. Thank you.
JamesGag

Re: Disability denied

Post by JamesGag »

I am 59 years old and got laid off of my job and now I am having problems with rent and utilities. I want to sign up for SS Disability also because I have been diagnosed with diabetes and severe back problems. I do not know where to turn. It is just me alone and don’t know what to do. Your help is much appreciated.
JBerman

Post by JBerman »

I am a mother of 3 small children 7,5,&1. My husband no longer works and we are struggling to pay rent, buy food, put gas in my car to get to work, other bills. SSI also denied his disability claim as he is hurt. My van needs to be fixed and there’s no money to fix it. I am the only one working full time. I work 40+ hours a week and still can not make ends meet. I don't know what else to do I am at my last draw. I feel like I am failing my children because I can not provide for them. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your disability application was denied (which more than 50% are) then you can continue to try or appeal it. Also, are you able to work at all? Social Security does allow it, so maybe you can get some money to keep up with bills while you appeal the process. But there are many resources you can try, or apply for financial aid while you appeal the denial, and read more help for the disabled.
JamesonMas

Post by JamesonMas »

My 12 year old daughter has cancer. I need help with my rent. We had to move from san Fran CA to Los Angeles CA. Please help me.
She needs another surgery and rehab and so it is maybe 6 months before we can move back up north. I am a single mom, I am running low and I have no family or friends here or near where I am staying. I can't get disability for her as she is too young. I am at a place but it getting expensive with medical and transportation and car and living expensive. I am drowning in bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While maybe she is too young to formally apply for disability in California, there are still resources for her. Especially if your income is low enough. There are state agencies that support children that are sick, can help with housing, and more. Locate all of the assistance for the disabled in California.
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

Hello! My name is Brandi, I live in Laramie County Wyoming. I am in desperate need of help with my utility bills. I am a single mother, with basically no income as I was denied disability I have applied to get SSDI and was denied. Unfortunately I was quite ill and didn't know about the denial until it was too late to file an appeal. I am currently in the process of finding an attorney to help me reapply. I haven't been able to work for 2 years now, and my only other income is child support which I rarely ever get any payment. Currently my electric company says my service is no longer being billed in my name. I applied for LIEAP back in October and was approved, however they will only make payments to them for my gas usage. I don't know what else to do or at this point. They said I have until 04/09/2024 to pay my past due amount, if I can't they will disconnect my service. I would truly appreciate any kind of guidance on my disability denial. Thank you for your time!