Unemployed and disabled

State and local government assistance programs.
Newburgh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unemployed and disabled

Post by Newburgh »

I have been unemployed for 2 1/2 yrs. I am disabled, live in Arlington Texas and waiting for my disability case to come through. I have three children at home my wife works full time but we can no longer keep up with all our bills. I don't want to loose my house, heating and cooling bills are killing me. I need help badly. thank you
erkel

Re: Unemployed and disabled

Post by erkel »

I am 45 years old and been unemployed since March 2, 2011. I need a little help for now to get back on my feet . I've been married 22 years. My wife has been disabled for 10 years now . My unemployment ran out four months ago and it's real hard to keep up with our bills. I go to food pantries two to three times a week just so we can eat. My wife right now is calling every organization in our area to try to get help to pay our outstanding bills. I really hate it because up until now I've always had a good job and was able to support our family. We have three grown children and one wonderful grandson. The economy has gotten so bad I don't know where to turn for help. I'm on the brink of suicide but I know it would not be the right thing to do. They say before you do something you will regret to ask for help when in need. So I am asking for your help and if you are unable I'll understand. If you can't I would appreciate it if you could pass this on to someone who can. I have something I am working on right now to better myself but as you know by now I don't have the money to pursue them. Here's what I have going on. First of all I need to get my T.W.I.C. ( Transportation Worker Identification Credentials ) and O.S. ( Ordinary Seaman Licenses ) so I can get back to work on Tug Boats. The pay is very good it pays $250.00 dollars a day here in South Carolina. This would really help me a lot to get these two documents . I love working on the sea plus the pay would get me back on my feet. Second I have a invention that I submitted and made a down payment to hold my idea ( They really like my idea ). But I have to pay the balance to get it developed and marketed. Third I started a internet business with a reputable company but as you know it takes money to get a good start. For the three things I listed I'll need $2400.00 dollars. If I could get my bills paid for about three or four months until things come together it would be great. The bills would cost about $2000.00 per month not including food and car gas. If I could get the help I could tell you where to pay everything for me if you if it would be more convenient for you. I'm really in great need or else I would not ask for help . I've always been a very proud man and ashamed to ask anyone for help, But as I said earlier I've been told to ask for help before doing something I would regret later. My wife always says " People are put on this earth to help each other". I would like to invite you to visit me I and my wife we live in sunny Charleston SC. I would like to take this time to thank you for you time and consideration in my time of need. May God Bless You and your family.
Jeremiah1

Post by Jeremiah1 »

I have a family of 4 people in my household. It is 2 adults and 2 children. We barely survive living off of 1 paycheck biweekly to pay for our rent and other bills. My husband is working and only makes $12.00 an hour. I am still employed but got injured and won't be returning to work for a while because of my disability. Please we need help.
SamanthaA

Post by SamanthaA »

I need help with utility bills as my family has ran into financial hardship. First, my husband lost his job in December due to health. He was diagnosed with heart failure and has had no luck finding suitable employment in Virginia since his hospital stay. He is filing for disability. I was laid off in May from my job and we are now living on unemployment at around 20% of normal income. We have already sold any of value trying to survive and pay rent.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Both non-profits and the state of Virginia administer energy bill programs that focus on the disabled, if they meet low income requirements. It is known as Fuel Assistance, and is a form of LIHEAP. There are also vocational / job training programs for the disabled, and maybe your husband with the heart condition may qualify. Find more details on the financial aid for disabled in the state of Virginia. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... it_pr.html
ReeseW

Post by ReeseW »

Hello, my daughter and I are living temporarily in a loft at our friends business and need to move out in next two, three weeks as its not approved by owner of property for residential. We will be homeless and unemployed. We have been struggling without complaint the past two years since my husband died and we lost our home of 13 years. My husband was disabled and had a lengthy illness with congestive heart failure. We used our savings to try to stash in our home but had to move in separate places.
When my husband was in the hospital, my daughter with a friend and me moved to a transitional home. We still carried on and did all we were capable of. My husband died when I was in a separate hospital due to having emergency surgery due to a mesh implant from a previous cancer surgery.
Now that Daddy has died, our hearts are broken but we continued to carry on. We found a room to rent but our roommate became controlling, verbally abusive and made sexual advances in my daughter. We had to move out quickly and here we are in a business lift in Bellflower. But were together. That's what we care about. We lost loved ones and our home and possessions and our sense of comfort and safety.
We need help in finding an apartment and help with finances to move. I am on SSI, unemployed, and my daughter receives this as well as she had major breakdown and severe depression with sometimes delusions after her brother, my son, was killed by hit and run driver while walking home. We would live to find a place for the disabled so we could make into our home and feel cozy and safe.
I may be receiving a settlement from a mesh implant surgery. It’s not a class action suit, its individual. I can't say any more than that due to legalities. So I may be able to pay hack any help we receive. Please will and can you help us or direct me to someone that can?
We don't ask for favors and have always paid our way. This is very new, asking for help, and leaves me shaken with both need and people who want to help strangers. It’s a beautiful thing. We used to be the family helping others and giving a safe place to stay or a weekend job to earn money. We had a total of nine foster children whom parents were experiencing tough times. We took in our friends children and cared and loved them. Happiness all around us!! We would love to get back to good and helping others again. Thank you for any help.
Hook Paw

Post by Hook Paw »

I am currently awaiting approval for disability and need to see my doctor. I have been getting some help from the MS foundation but have other issues and need to see other doctors. If there are any assistance programs for the unemployed in Broward County Florida that you could tell me about I would greatly appreciate it.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Hello, I need help. I am staying with a family member and my time here is running very short. I have no income other than my unemployment benefits and disability. I am trying to find a job as quickly as possible but, as for my housing situation I have nowhere to go. I am having a hard time finding an apartment because I don't have much money and I have bad credit so many places won't accept me. Any information or help you could give me for the unemployed would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The state of Ohio has job training and placement programs for the disabled. Can you work full time? Or does your medical condition prevent that? In either case, try the state resources. they are located here, and read Ohio disability programs.
Gordon wrote:Hello, I need help. I am staying with a family member and my time here is running very short. I have no income other than my unemployment benefits and disability. I am trying to find a job as quickly as possible but, as for my housing situation I have nowhere to go.
Train

Post by Train »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Lori.
My husband, myself & our 15 year old grandson are living in a hotel in Dover, DE 19901. We are unemployed and disabled.
We got behind before the unemployment & had a hard time catching up. My husband unemployment is 294.00 a week. We are to pay 350.00 a week. I'm on disability & get paid once a month.
Is there any place that will help us catch up. Last week from Monday to Monday we borrow 1140.00 from family members or they were throwing us out. We have no place to go. Can someone help us please?
Thank you,
Lori