AZ Family in Need of Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
J McCarty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

AZ Family in Need of Assistance

Post by J McCarty »

I live in Arizona with my wife and two boys. We do have a house and are able to keep our kids fed, for that we are grateful. It seems as if we have run into a patch of misfortune here recently. It's almost as if something is keeping us balanced, at almost making it: I got another job, my wife lost hers. I got a new car, it cost more in repairs downtime than I make.
I am a Veteran of the Navy, I served 5 years on board a submarine and we are trying to get some help from the VA, DES, anyone we can.

I am not sure if we are going to make rent for August (I am already behind from July, as I had to pay late but was unable to pay the late fines), we have disconnect notices from phone, gas, water, & sewage. Electrical is paid on an "as used basis", kind of like a prepaid credit card for electricity, so anytime we get a spare $20-30 it goes there.

My one job is but 12 miles from my home, so I am able to get there and back, but it doesn't pay too much at $9/hr. My other job is driving medicine to hospice patients, which pays well enough, but I am having a hard time with my car (which is a story in itself).

If there is somewhere we can turn for help, we would appreciate it.

Thank you
J McCarty

Re: AZ Family in Need of Assistance

Post by J McCarty »

The story of my car can be found on the other forum for general assistance under "Knowledge of AZ Consumer Law (Used Car Problems)".
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you didn't post your county our reply is limited. Most assistance programs are local by nature so we need more detailed information. However there are a number of organizations and programs in Arizona that can help with rent and other expenses. Use this resource for information. The links to local cities and counties is midway down the page, while the top section is more statewide assistance programs in Arizona. Read more on the various programs and services offered across the state. While car repairs are rare, maybe some of the agencies will have ideas and suggestions for you.
J McCarty

Post by J McCarty »

My apologies. I reside in Pinal County, but barely, I live in San Tan Valley, AZ, which is partially on the Maricopa/Pinal County line. The bigger cities around us would be, Chandler, Gilbert, or Mesa, all of these being about 15-20min drive from home. Apache Junction is also 15min directly north of us, but we don't much go there.

As for the car, it's not necessarily a maintenance thing, as much as it is a "getting unfair treatment" from the car lot I bought it from. All I want to do is:
a) return the car and get a refund, or
b) trade the car in for the same monetary value with better mechanics
But neither are happening because I am getting the runaround from these guys. That is where knowledge of Consumer Law would come in.

Thank you for the information, we very much appreciate it. I will have a look at the posted sites and see what I can do.
Gennie Were

Post by Gennie Were »

Hi, I found on your website that you have financial assistance available. I need to get into housing by next Monday the 15th. I’ve been searching for help for free dental implants, medical co-pays, rent assistance so I can get housing. I am very low-income, disabled American. No one will help me in Arizona. I need assistance with bills too. I need immediate help for me and my small pets. I am homeless and will be living out of my car by the 15th of November. Please help me or at least email me a list of charities, organizations or groups that will help with housing immediately. I have been searching for assistance with everything since last November. No one is willing to follow through with what they have listed on their websites. Please help me! Contact me at my website.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

I am 33 weeks pregnant, live in Phoenix and I was just put on bed rest. My job that I have worked at since 2008 cut my hours since December so they do not have to provide health insurance. I have not been allowed to work more than 30 hours a week so now I do not qualify for short term disability. I am getting paid absolutely nothing from now until 8 weeks after delivery (c section) and I am able to return to work. My husband has a full time job but we are not going to be able to pay all our bills. Rent, electric, water, car payment, groceries....something is going to have to go and I don't know what to do. We also have a 15 month old and I feel like all those things are necessary. I applied for food stamps about a month ago (before Dr. Ordered bed rest) and was denied. We really need help. I am scared. Thanks.
Rolle

Post by Rolle »

I reside in Phoenix AZ, 85003 my contact phone. I'm on disability and get 811.00 a month and 46.00 a month in food stamps. I have a small loan in Michigan that takes out 75.00 and owe 260.00 until paid off I'm asking and praying you can guide me to some help for my car.

It needs a lot of work so if I get help and they don't seem to think it to costly to be fixed if you can help me get a other car at a low price and I can at least travel and not be left here isolated I am lonely I'm on my own now in 2008 my mom had cancer she left me her home but my family members cheated me out of the estate so after having back surgery and could not keep up my bills in my mobile home in Michigan. Three months ago I moved here I'm determined to get some help so if you can respond. Call or mail me anything that can help I would be great full my emotional and physical conditions are suppression and back disc degeneration but I am still a functioning human that needs to live after the fact of the. Life I left behind so please with all do respect send me a few prayers that someday I won't have any more worries thank you SMP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Community action agencies in Maricopa County often have programs targeted at pregnant women. They range from government grants to job training. So are you on disability? Also, if your husband has a full time job and you are still struggling, then he either needs a higher income or you are living beyond your means. But anyone, call around to the Phoenix agencies, and here are details on community services in Maricopa County.