Food stamp benefits being cut

State and local government assistance programs.
P Palmer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food stamp benefits being cut

Post by P Palmer »

Hi
I’ve been laid off twice since 2010. My unemployment has dropped to $84.00 a week. I went off unemployment when I took on a job that was less than half my wage. Within four weeks into this job they said they would be closing the doors within 4 months. Because I was laid off again, I had to open a new claim for unemployment. Which turned out to leave me with the $84.00 a week check. I’ve since put myself through school (now have student loans) and haven’t heard one word from any company in the West Virginia area. I have to hide my car to keep it from repossession, I have creditors calling all day everyday for money. I pay what I can. But, my credit rating has gone way down hill. I have a hard time keeping on my electric and water. My house is very old, needs new windows, insulation in the attic and outside trim painted. I can’t keep up on any of it. Is there any help out there for me. I’m single, I raised my kids as a single parent now it’s just me. I have medical bills that need paid, I’m terrified that they will tap into my checking account to get what I owe, which will over draw my account. No one wants to work with me either. It doesn’t seem to get any better, I’m scared and desperate. West Virginia doesn’t seem to offer any help. Now food stamps is getting cut in half, which is all the help I do get. Now what? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Food stamp benefits being cut

Post by Admin »

Yes, unfortunately many people have experienced multiple layoffs, and that is great you want back to school. It will pay off for you, and while you do have debt, in the long term it will work out. For the food stamps, maybe reapply or talk to a case manager. While the government did cut back, a 50% reduction does not sound right. But maybe things were cut back more in West Virginia. Anyway, we do have extensive information on the SNAP food stamp program, including rules, regulations, and where to apply. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... amps.html‎
Glass One

Post by Glass One »

I am really in need of assistance with food, utility payments, house payment, etc. The person I lived with passed away and I was left without a job due to severe panic attacks and some Asperger symptoms. I am applying for SSI as well as more food stamps and need the financial assistance until I get it or get something. Any assistance you could provide or any email addresses for who to contact for help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know as soon as possible (today if possible). I am in Indiana and need a crisis grant because the electric is about to be shut off and the fuel is about to run out and my SNAP is being cut. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many states have cut back on SNAP benefits, and we have a list of tips. They include shopping more efficiently, turning to food pantries, and more. But you can expect the food stamps to be cut and we highly doubt that will change as the economy is doing really well now and the government is reducing these safety net schemes because of that. So read about what to do when food stamps are cut.
Glass One wrote:I am in Indiana and need a crisis grant because the electric is about to be shut off and the fuel is about to run out and my SNAP is being cut. Thank you.