Need asistance and cannot find help

State and local government assistance programs.
khaluia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need asistance and cannot find help

Post by khaluia »

My family and I need assistence and are having a hard time finding any help. Our bank account was compromised and now we are in the hole drastically. The bank has been no help, really, they keep charging us more to stop payments on things that we have proven we have no done. We are behind in our utilities and will probably have our water shut off at any time. I have contacted our local DHS office and cannot seem to get any answers. Our refridgerator died in April and we are in need of a new stove as ours only lights when it wants to, the oven door does not shut properly and it gives off a lot of heat when being used and is no longer safe but I have no choice but to use it. Our car insurance and house payment have both gone up so there is almost no extra money. We have 3 children and both my hisband and I are disabled. We currently live on my husband's SSDI and I cannot get approved for SSI. Any help with resources would be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at khaluia@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Rosser

Re: Need asistance and cannot find help

Post by Rosser »

For those credit issues on your ID stolen and issues with paying bills, try a non-profit credit counselor. Maybe they will have some suggestions on how to deal with that issue. A listing by states is here. For some of those other needs, explore the main site. We think you may want to focus on the sate and local assistance programs on the left navigation bar, and select your state then county from the following menus.
Zimmer
anti spam: Blue

Post by Zimmer »

Hello,
I am writing in the behalf of someone else. My neighbor has been caring for his elderly mother for years which put him out of full time work. He's a chef and a kind hearted man. Just two days ago, a few days after her short stay at the hospital she passed away in his home. I am trying to help him in any way I can. He also has health issues and is on a heart defibrillator. What are the qualifications for assistance? He is a bit computer illiterate so I am doing the work for him.
Any information that can help him will be greatly appreciated.
vianey

Post by vianey »

I recently lost everything due to a electrical house fire in the rental home I was renting. DSHS and no other programs would qualify me to receive any help even though I have zero income and left the fire with only the clothes I had on no one would give me any help. I’m struggling. Is there anything that can help me ASAP??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While unfortunately you did not say where you live or what exactly you need, anyway one place that tends to help with fire or a disaster is the Salvation Army. They have centers all over and may have clothing, food, shelter and more for victims. Learn more on their Salvation Army relief programs.
Paula Johnston

Post by Paula Johnston »

Hi, I am a 23 year old father of 5, in Sumter County Florida. My family and I have recently run into some financial troubles, and we are losing our place of residence. I am currently working at a grocery store in Center Hill, Florida. I make $8.00/hr and get about 50 hours a week, while my fiancé stays home with the kids.
I only just recently attained this job and I am not in the position to get into a place as of right now. I've been researching programs that offer assistance for low-income families in need, and I was hoping to find out some more information on what my family is eligible for. Please Email me back as soon as possible, for I am without a phone at the moment. I have no where for my family and I to stay long enough for me to save up for a place to call home. Hoping to hear back from someone soon.
Kelsea

Post by Kelsea »

I’m unemployed and can't get a job and my rent and other bills are getting behind. I’m taking on a young 11 year old. So if their is any way I could get help or guided it would be very much help to me. I have never asked anyone for help before. I just don't want to lose my house and her either. I look for a job everyday. There is just none out there right now. Thanks so much.
Jimmy_John_Smith

Post by Jimmy_John_Smith »

I had to quit my job in April as my mom got sick and I was only one in siblings who could go stay with her. I don't have a career just a job and we can't find any assistance. My mom went to hospice a week later passed. I have not worked since. My husband has a good job but has fallen sick twice in last few months. We are having a real rough time finding help and both cars falling apart can't afford a whole lot of groceries can't pay for school supplies for 16 year old step daughter.
I need help with a title loan that I would never have gotten until mom got sick and needed me to stay with her. I needed money. I also am behind on water bill and I feel I can get a job within the next 30 days. I just need to pay off the loan it never goes down because payment is as much as my rent. No principle ever gets paid. Well 1%. I have exhausted other avenues and I do not like asking for help. It's embarrassing and I feel I always will have to do it one way or another. My husband also was put in jail by Galicia hospital for not going to court over the bill. I had to pay cash bond to get him out. How does that help the bill? So we have some medical bills that maybe someone can advise me what to do.
Erica Jane

Post by Erica Jane »

I'm currently on disability through DSHS. The ABD program I get vouchers to pay my rent. DSHS only gives me 120 month I'm waiting for my SSI benefits to be approved. My problem is I only have one voucher left and I'm renting a room from someone; he told me that he can't afford the apartment anymore soon going to be homeless in 5 days. I need assistance. I've just about every community resources that I can with no luck, I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that the ABD program in Hamilton County Ohio. As noted here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... sista.html
If so, then there is other assistance as well in the county as well as city of Cincincatti. We have them all listed on our main site. Find them and apply for what you need.
Erica Jane wrote:I'm currently on disability through DSHS. The ABD program I get vouchers to pay my rent.