Food stamps are running out

State and local government assistance programs.
Tweet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food stamps are running out

Post by Tweet »

I am a food stamp recipient single woman who is currently unemployed. I live in Albuquerque. I am in need of assistants with my electric bill. Also my food stamps may be running out soon. Are there any programs that can help with my energy bill just for the summer months? I have the help of my family members on some of my bills, and they give me groceries and have been doing some side work to cover the rest on my own. It's just the energy bill is high here in New Mexico and I am starting the battle of keeping up with this bill. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Hertyui

Re: Food stamps are running out

Post by Hertyui »

I don’t know if you all can answer my question but I am four months pregnant and am now not working. I am already receiving food stamps so I don’t need help with food but I live in Little Rock Arkansas. However my food vouchers are soon coming to an end. I was wanting to know what the qualifications would be that I have to meet to get some assistance with my rent and electric bill? I hate to have to ask but I have reached a period of hard time and need some help. Thank you for any info you all can help me with.
Hoffa

Post by Hoffa »

Hello, I live in Charleston Sc and I have felled on some real hard times right now. First my SNAP benefits was cut due to an error with a Case worker so I Have 2 children I take care of an I was getting almost 800.00 in food stamps and it was cut to 557.00 for something that I had nothing to do with. That is hard enough I keep food but to feed 5 people I am just about out towards the end of the month. I was pregnant and lost it due to it was in my tube and spent time in the hospital and went through a real hard time from it. Next I was in a car accident was cause some issues with my back and neck an at this time I am under Chiropractor care to get well. A last but now lease I have lost a very close family member. I am not from here so I don’t know many people at all and I am behind in my rent an electric an cant find NO help here at all. So many of these agencies give me the run around. The number is no good or they can’t help some don’t say why and some say no money at to help. They say I have to be almost out the door and in the dark to get help. I have been looking for work but can’t work at this time cause of my accident. I can’t even buy my children winter clothes cause of the accident has be in pain 24/7. I have my stepsister who does receive Social Security from my dad but it will stop this month because he turns 21 years old. I am trying an I have never needed this much help in my life, but I am down an just don’t know what to do or who to ask, My family is over their heads to an just do not have the means of helping me. If you know of any programs that help single mothers please let me know. I don’t want to wait to be homeless before someone can help me. Please any info would be helpful. Blessing to whoever gets this e-mail.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just because your SNAP benefits were cut doesn't mean there are no other government or public assistance programs in South Carolina. The state offers numerous services to the low income, unemployed, and struggling. For example, look into the Commodity Supplemental Food Program and more. There are also housing assistance resources, work programs, and job training. Keep looking around for help. We have a lot of information on possible solutions for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
BeginAgain

Post by BeginAgain »

I live in Oxon Hill Maryland with my 2 year old son. I work a full time job at Doctors Community Hospital. I can't afford to pay my bills on my own, I've been doing the best I can and I'm exhausted and I can't do this anymore. Somebody please hear me, please help me. I pray to God and I know he hears me and he has kept my son and I. My rent is 963.00, my Pep Company bill is 147.00 dollars. I think, my car payment is 269.00, my car insurance is 290.00, I can't afford food for the house, gas in the car to get back and forth to work. His daycare was 215.00 every two weeks and I can't afford that. The state also just reduced out food stamps by $100 per month.
I was working the 3 pm to 11 30 pm shift but I had a very hard time keeping a babysitter. So I just switched to day shift and will start that in July, working 8 am to 5 pm which means my check will take a 10% decrease and the cheapest daycare will be 370.00 every 2 weeks. But I don't have it.
I live alone with my son, I don’t date, go out, party or get any breaks from my son. It's just us all the time. I have no family here. Please I'm not looking for anyone to take care of me, I don't mind working, I like working. I'm so exhausted. PLEASE Hear My Cries FOR help. No one else is listening.
I have no baby father, no nothing. My income has to pay for it all and I only make about 846.00 big weekly. That's going to change and July and I'll be making less. My son has asthma also. It's hard dealing with that. He is on a few different medicines and he will soon run out cause I can't pay for the prescription. I'm NOT LIKE A lot Of Young Single mothers, I teach MY son also and he has great manners, he is very intelligent for his age. I can't sleep, barely eat, my head hurts.
Please somebody just help me. I was assaulted and got pregnant and didn't believe in abortion so I went through with it, I thought I could take care of everything, I thought we would be okay. I don't want to be a failure. I'm trying so hard, I feel so alone. I just hurt so much. I don't know what to do. Please help.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

You are minus in income vs. expenses. Have you went to the local department of human services? Go and ask about daycare assistance, food stamps, cash assistance anything and everything they offer apply for. Also call 211 for all local resources and call them to see if they have anything to help you with.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

Hello, I am a single mom after my husband passed away. I am working but barely making ends meet. I get food stamps, but the amount is low. Also but my electric is in jeopardy of being disconnected and my boiler isn’t pumping good to heat up house so by me using heaters my electric bill is high and I’m scared cause I have 3 kids. Please help me feed them with food or allow me to know what I can do for help. Thank you and bless you all.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the other state and federal government food assistance programs, as there is much more than SNAP. You can try USDA commodity foods, WIC, and others. But benefits are being cut nationwide, so your options are limited. Lastly, try a pantry for a crisis box of groceries. You may use them weekly or so.
Flower10

Post by Flower10 »

I went through a bad divorce last year after being married 27 years. Am starting all over almost ready to lose my home and my SNAP food stamps are running out. The bank is trying to work with me thought I cannot pay my utility bills. For food I've been in and out of the hospital. My appendix burst then I had infection and went back in the hospital. Now I go back to the hospital on Thursday to have endoscopy. I am begging for help.