A place for furniture

State and local government assistance programs.
Pug Owner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

A place for furniture

Post by Pug Owner »

I'm a single mother of a seventeen and ten year old, im on section 8 and I do receive help from the government with food stamps and healthcare, I have just been recently laid off from work after 8 years and is in need of a bed, when I got my income taxes I bought the kids new beds, paid off all the bills and fixed my car that needed repaired, I was not expecting to be laid off, my bed was old and had to throw the box springs and frame out, now my mattress sits on the floor cause i can not afford to bye a frame and box springs for it, I was just wondering if there is a place where I can get a voucher for a bed or some other ideas that you may have for me and my family ? please help me, Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: A place for furniture

Post by Admin »

For items like furniture or household products, we usually recommend local charities like the Salvation Army or Catholic Charities. Many locations may have donated items they distribute, or may even have some money to help you buy some items. Or they run thrift stores. Here is an example of Catholic Charities and the various offices and locations to contact for information/help. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cat ... ial_a.html
Pug Owner wrote:I'm a single mother of a seventeen and ten year old, im on section 8 and I do receive help from the government with food stamps and healthcare, I have just been recently laid off from work after 8 years and is in need of a bed, when I got my income taxes I bought the kids new beds, paid off all the bills and fixed my car that needed repaired, I was not expecting to be laid off, my bed was old and had to throw the box springs and frame out, now my mattress sits on the floor cause i can not afford to bye a frame and box springs for it, I was just wondering if there is a place where I can get a voucher for a bed or some other ideas that you may have for me and my family ? please help me, Thanks.
Lifestyle

Post by Lifestyle »

I have a friend who is in need of furniture. Due to job loss my friend had to send all of his furniture back to rent to own center. He has no bed frame, mattress or living room furniture. He is actively job hunting and is in need of help to get back on his feet. I was hoping reaching out to you that he may get some sort of help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you to look out for your friend. As we have many charities, stores, etc. listed that may offer free furniture in an emergency. Usually things like beds are higher priority too, as agencies do want people to have a place to sleep.
Magenta

Post by Magenta »

My wife and I are moving into an apartment in Vernon NY. On the 3rd of the month. We have nothing to sit or sleep on and the only income we have is my social security check that I get on the 3rd of the month. We both have children from a previous marriage that we love very much and want to stay in this place with us on weekends but we need furniture and a place for them to sleep. Please let us know how to get out of this mess. Thank you from our whole family
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are free furniture banks in New York City. Maybe they can give you and the kids a place to sleep and sit, like beds and such. Try them for help.
Magenta wrote:My wife and I are moving into an apartment in Vernon NY. On the 3rd of the month. We have nothing to sit or sleep on and the only income we have is my social security check that I get on the 3rd of the month. We both have children from a previous marriage that we love very much and want to stay in this place with us on weekends but we need furniture and a place for them to sleep. Please let us know how to get out of this mess. Thank you from our whole family
JohnstonMary

Post by JohnstonMary »

Hi. My name is Shalini. My Family and I will be moving soon and we need a place for free furniture. We Live in Craven County of North Carolina.
With that being said, we are needing help with getting ALL FURNITURE, for Our New Place........Full/Queen Bedroom Set, Living Room & Dining Room Sets, and 2 Twin Bedroom sets. Need Washer and Dryer as well.
I'm 26 and Disable, My Fiancé works Monday through Friday tile 7 pm, our 2 children are 7 years old (boy) and 5 years old (girl). We also have 2 small dogs.
I'm home All Day Every Day. I have no transportation to get to a furniture place.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of furniture you need, such as 2 bedroom sets, washer, dryer, etc. We doubt any place can give all that. Why do you need ALL the furniture? Probably should not have moved if you have zero furniture or ability to get anyhow. Anyhow, find a free furniture bank near you.
JohnstonMary wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:20 pm Hi. My name is Shalini. My Family and I will be moving soon and we need a place for free furniture. We Live in Craven County of North Carolina.
With that being said, we are needing help with getting ALL FURNITURE, for Our New Place........Full/Queen Bedroom Set, Living Room & Dining Room Sets, and 2 Twin Bedroom sets. Need Washer and Dryer as well.
I'm 26 and Disable, My Fiancé works Monday through Friday tile 7 pm, our 2 children are 7 years old (boy) and 5 years old (girl). We also have 2 small dogs.
I'm home All Day Every Day. I have no transportation to get to a furniture place.