Car leaking oil and needs to be fixed

State and local government assistance programs.
bynum
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car leaking oil and needs to be fixed

Post by bynum »

I am 57 years old and totally disabled..I am having many problems all at once! My fridge needs repair, medical bills, most recently my car started leaking oil..I took it in to have it checked out and it will cost $400 to fix it! I am not even sure if the garage is trying to rip me off. I just don't have the money to get it fixed...I can't even afford my medications...I have contacted many organizations but they don't help with car repairs..I have called my local Community Action, Salvation Army...so many and there doesn't seem to be anybody to help with this problem. They can't even refer me to anyone else either who does this. I would so appreciate anything you can do!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car leaking oil and needs to be fixed

Post by Admin »

In addition to the Salvation Army, also try calling your church for car repairs. While no guarantees, many do have some relationships with local garages, or maybe they have a few dollars they can provide to contribute towards the repairs. As far as fridge, try weatherization, and medical bills, go for non-profit credit counselors. Your church may have a social worker who can advise on all of those, including your car repairs. We hope this helps.
bynum wrote:I am 57 years old and totally disabled..I am having many problems all at once! My fridge needs repair, medical bills, most recently my car started leaking oil..I took it in to have it checked out and it will cost $400 to fix it! I am not even sure if the garage is trying to rip me off. I just don't have the money to get it fixed...I can't even afford my medications...I have contacted many organizations but they don't help with car repairs..I have called my local Community Action, Salvation Army...so many and there doesn't seem to be anybody to help with this problem. They can't even refer me to anyone else either who does this. I would so appreciate anything you can do!
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

Check with our local high schools and vocational tech schools in your area, It's been along time since I've been in high school, but I do remember than they had auto shop classes. And ask to speak to the teacher, I mean in order to have auto classes, the students to have to work on cars, where they get those vehicles I don't know, but it's worth a try.
Tommyboy

Post by Tommyboy »

To whom it may concern;I am working with Jfs to try and find assistance in repairing my car. Jfs will be able to contribute some but not all. I'm on disability and I shared my car with my son so he could get to school and I could get to Dr.appointment and I would like to try and work part time. I get 867.00 a month and my rent is 1050, I have been calling everyone. Please call me if you can help in any way or know of any one who can. I have called so many charities and can't get anything. I'm Jewish and as. Say Jfs will help some and st Vincent Depaul will donate 100. I'm looking for about 500.00 and thought you may have some group within the temple that can help me. I lost my house before all the aid programs came out so just keeping a roof over the 4 of us is hard. I hope to hear from you. Please any help u can give I would be so grateful Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes churches or charities like the Salvation Army or Catholic Charities may be able to help with car repairs. Just like you have already received $100, other agencies may have some additional money for you. However getting assistance for an auto repair is not common. We do have a summary of regional catholic charities offices, and it can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cat ... ial_a.html
Tommyboy wrote:To whom it may concern;I am working with Jfs to try and find assistance in repairing my car. Jfs will be able to contribute some but not all. I'm on disability and I shared my car with my son so he could get to school and I could get to Dr.appointment and I would like to try and work part time. I get 867.00 a month and my rent is 1050, I have been calling everyone. Please call me if you can help in any way or know of any one who can. I have called so many charities and can't get anything. I'm Jewish and as. Say Jfs will help some and st Vincent Depaul will donate 100. I'm looking for about 500.00 and thought you may have some group within the temple that can help me. I lost my house before all the aid programs came out so just keeping a roof over the 4 of us is hard. I hope to hear from you. Please any help u can give I would be so grateful Sincerely,
J Kipnis

Post by J Kipnis »

I need help paying $250 water bill and $150 car payment. I just got on unemployment and I'm waiting for approval on my unemployment insurance covering my car payment. If I lose my car it will make it hard to find work and my husband is disabled and it would keep him from his doctor appointments.
SueH

Post by SueH »

My name is Robert Coates. I want to share 2 nightmares.
I purchased a 1994 f350 and 2002 5th wheel camper from Banks auto in Portland to do a short new style family vacation and was sold a "great truck" and bank repo camper that was a "perfect combo". I have done business with the dealer multiple times over the past 2 years; this being vehicle # 6 & 7. I work OT, and sadly I took the dealer at his word again. We got less than 300 miles from home and break down. Called to see if they were going to help at all, and got screamed at and threatened by his daughter then hung up on. The dealer has not responded to my texts or calls yet. He is the "honest one", while his daughter ...well, and misrepresents information freely.
Part 2 of this nightmare is I got insurance on both units. I was sold coverage for this exact situation by the agent.
Was told I had coverage if while in tow with camper the "unit" had x amount break down/roadside and incurred expenses (motel) if was needed.
So after 4 hours on the phone I finally called a semi wrecker ($400) to get towed to the exit on the highway I had just passed. (These were awesome professionals who took great care of us.)
So, here myself, and 2 boys sit. No offer of help from the dealership. Safe RV/tow insurance that appears to be just as scandalous. The state park is off the agenda and we spent a lot of our budget on tow. The gentlemen at the local auto repair shops have been extremely supporting, but here we are.
I suppose after spending most of the day on phone trying to make any sense of what is, and thinking I had bases covered, only to be where I was last night...on hold and no answers. I thought I would share, and hopefully prevent another family from a crook and a scam.
Was wondering if there were any groups that might be able to help us with repair bills at auto center...even a little. They have been extremely kind and hopefully it won't be a crazy amount, but we spent a lot on tow and have been on a minimalist diet and drinking water.
Just asking/hoping.....