Transportation or gas money

State and local government assistance programs.
Carrant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Transportation or gas money

Post by Carrant »

Well i am originally from Utah, i came to Ohio to find a job and go to school with OSU college and the person i was living with ended up becoming abusive toward me so i left and i now stay in a shelter...i am trying to get home in Utah but i also have family in Washington and Oregon that are trying to get me to get closer to them at the mean time i have to do work search and/or school searching.. i would like to continue my plan to go to school with OSU college but i would also like to get a place of my own and later try to move my 2 children out here in summer time.. i am in need for some guidance and assistance hope you will be able to help me...i am staying at the central Ohio shelter in downtown. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me to come in to meet with someone will be great to.. at the mean time i am looking for work and the mercy college gave me the promise jobs info and i am interested but i don't have my kids with me until they finish there school back in Utah and in summer time i am planning to move them out if that will still be he plan if i cant find any assistance to get me back home quick enough...thank
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Transportation or gas money

Post by Admin »

Finding assistance for gas and transportation is rare. Most agencies do not offer this, but you can call around. Maybe try pressing charges too against the person, especially if you were married. Also maybe there is some housing options for you at the school. While you are exploring those options, look into these Ohio assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ohi ... grams.html We think OSU is in Columbus, so pick that county from the list.
Carrant wrote:Well i am originally from Utah, i came to Ohio to find a job and go to school with OSU college and the person i was living with ended up becoming abusive toward me so i left and i now stay in a shelter...i am trying to get home in Utah but i also have family in Washington and Oregon that are trying to get me to get closer to them at the mean time i have to do work search and/or school searching.. i would like to continue my plan to go to school with OSU college but i would also like to get a place of my own and later try to move my 2 children out here in summer time.. i am in need for some guidance and assistance hope you will be able to help me...i am staying at the central Ohio shelter in downtown. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me to come in to meet with someone will be great to.. at the mean time i am looking for work and the mercy college gave me the promise jobs info and i am interested but i don't have my kids with me until they finish there school back in Utah and in summer time i am planning to move them out if that will still be he plan if i cant find any assistance to get me back home quick enough...thank
JoWomack

Post by JoWomack »

Hello, I am in extreme need of transportation. I've been in desperate need for a while now, I am a single mother of 4 kids and I really need this car and help paying for gas so that I can keep working and to find another job that pays more so that I can continue to support my kids. I have a son in college and a daughter who is graduating this year and going off to college, so I really need to be able to have a car so I can make enough money. I hope someone can help me, Thank You for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on charities that can provide gas or car repairs. But of all the financial assistance programs out there, these are two of the harder to get. Funding is really limited, and numerous conditions need to be met. If you do not have a job or car, then that probably decreases chances for help. Anyway, you can always try. Here is our listing of charity organizations. Make some phone calls.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... ns_th.html

JoWomack wrote:Hello, I am in extreme need of transportation. I've been in desperate need for a while now, I am a single mother of 4 kids and I really need this car and help paying for gas so that I can keep working and to find another job that pays more so that I can continue to support my kids. I have a son in college and a daughter who is graduating this year and going off to college, so I really need to be able to have a car so I can make enough money. I hope someone can help me, Thank You for your time.
Bobcats

Post by Bobcats »

My story is probably a lot like many one bad event led to the next leaving my family homeless we do have a home now I'm grateful but still unemployed and as broke as it gets I have two children that go to different schools I need to find help with gas to get them to and from daily as well as looking for employment not including my utility bills there aren't many resources in NH that are willing to help and ones that can are somewhat degrading and I'm rambling I just need help please
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, many people are struggling these days, and there are many hardship stories and cases out there. Car repairs and gasoline may be provided for people i they need a car for a job, but it is not common to find these types of transportation assistance. You can look for for gasoline and car repairs for ideas, but definitely no guarantees. Also in NH your local town needs to offer emergency assistance according to state law, so ask about that.
Bobcats wrote:My story is probably a lot like many one bad event led to the next leaving my family homeless we do have a home now I'm grateful but still unemployed and as broke as it gets I have two children that go to different schools I need to find help with gas to get them to and from daily as well as looking for employment not including my utility bills there aren't many resources in NH that are willing to help and ones that can are somewhat degrading and I'm rambling I just need help please
bynum

Post by bynum »

Hi, I am 18 years old. I live with an army couple down here in North Carolina, but he is about to acquire the honorable discharge. This means him and his wife will be moving back even further south to like Florida. I am about to get an apartment, but I am in need of getting transportation, so I can attend college. The problem is though, with my job I can not afford both. Is there any way I can get help? I am in desperate need for help. I need to know my options.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While not guaranteed, sometimes the Salvation Army can have transportation assistance. It may include funds for paying for gas, maybe some vouchers, or bus tokens. So did you need one time transportation to get to class, or a car? If it is a car, the North Carolina Salvation Army may not be your best choice. Anyway here is some more information. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sal ... lina_.html
bynum wrote:Hi, I am 18 years old. I live with an army couple down here in North Carolina, but he is about to acquire the honorable discharge. This means him and his wife will be moving back even further south to like Florida. I am about to get an apartment, but I am in need of getting transportation, so I can attend college. The problem is though, with my job I can not afford both. Is there any way I can get help? I am in desperate need for help. I need to know my options.