Hi all--Please Help us.

State and local government assistance programs.
ONESTONE
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hi all--Please Help us.

Post by ONESTONE »

My name is Troycee J Stone 29yrs, I'm in a bad situation and I need help, I need money to pay my rent or my mom and I will be in the street. I'm not asking for a free hand out, I plan on paying it back, I just need someone to help us. I moved in this house almost two years ago only to find out that my landlord is a slumlord but I have to deal with him cause I have nowhere else to go. My mom needed a place so I told her to come live with me cause I couldn't live with myself If she had to go live in the hood in a drug infested area cause that is all she could afford. We both work very hard and try to keep the $1'200 a mouth rent paid and lights e.t.c. I did OK for a while till I was laid off from my trucking co. Now I'm a dispatcher for substitute teachers, $10hr. Anyway I my rent money was stolen out of my mailbox or my landlord is not telling the truth, but I have to come up with my rent by today or tomorrow or he is going to kick us out. I have ask family, friends and I even tried to find a loan shark but he wanted double back by the next week. Please help us I don't know what else to do, God I the only way I have keep my head up this long, but I don't know how much more I can bear.

Thank you for your time:
Troycee J Stone
My cell# 215-629-6377
stone92482002@msn.com
P.S. I understand if you think this is shady, but all I ask if you have the time call me and I can tell you whatever you need to know.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hi all--Please Help us.

Post by Admin »

Hi, It looks like you are in Philadelphia. Here is info in Rental Assistance/Homeless Prevention. If you need help with a security deposit or if you have been provided an eviction notice, contact the following to get help.

Diversified Community Services
1920 S. 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145

Tenant Action Group
21 S. 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

New Kensington CDC
2513 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19125

South Lehigh Action Council
2213 W. Sergeant Street
Philadelphia, PA 19132

Southwest CDC
6400 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19142
grandma

Post by grandma »

Hi yes I lost my job at the being of this month. I am behind on my rent, cable combo pkg, and water bill. I am hoping there is a resource that could possibly help me with these bills. I owe $100.00 to the water company in Aurora Colorado by today or my water will be shut off tomorrow and my 14 mo. old grandson lives with me at this time. I there any such resource out there that could help me pay today?
Barrimer

Post by Barrimer »

I was out of work for 7 weeks and before that i was making 3/4 to half of my normal wages. I have already had three different jobs this year and 7 in the last 18 months. I was just let go of my last one this past week. I am sure i will find another job and be back to work shortly but the last year and a half has left me so far behind and every week i have to wonder how i am going to feed my family or keep the lights on. I have put asking for help to the last minute because i felt that there was more needed families out there. But now i cant do it on my own. Please help me, my wife and two kids.
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

I'm hoping you may be able to help me. I live in Huntersville, NC and don't qualify for any government assistance due to my income. It's not very high, but apparently is in the eyes of the government. Unfortunately, right now I am supporting my girlfriend (who lives with me) until she can find a job. We spend no extra money beyond utilities, rent, food (we shop at ALDI and only spend around 90/week for two people), and gas, but steadily get closer and closer to overdraft each month.
I think we just broke. I received my natural gas bill to find it three times what it normally is and there is no way I can even come close to paying it. I had $7 in my account before I got paid! Do you have any suggestions on where I can turn to for help when I don't qualify for all other options? I really appreciate any help you can give.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The main charity in Mecklenburg and Huntersville is the Crisis Ministry. It sounds like you really cut back on bills, and shopping at Aldi also shows that. Hopefully your girlfriend can get a job, but this non-profit may help with that too. Look into a payment plan with your utility company too. In addition to that, read Crisis Ministry emergency assistance programs.
Morba

Post by Morba »

At the moment I am facing a problem. I have a van but it is broke down so that has left me and my five children walking a total of four miles a day to catch the school bus. I need to know is thee help out there or can someone help me get a dependable ride and I just donate this one. I live at Indore West Virginia and they don't offer transportation here except for the bus.
Please help me there are other things I need help with like my electric is getting shut off and I need a bigger home but been on the waiting list for HUD for years now. I need to find out how to apply for a grant to get caught up and get back to work. I have never had to ask for help like this. And I live in a two bedroom with five kids but I sleep on couch so we make it.
Please contact me as soon as possible I need help it is hard packing my kids up and down a strap hill side in the dark of the mornings and the heat of the evenings. I need four wheel drive where I live now if I stay here winter please try and help me. I had a job and lost it do to no vehicle but I have a few more lined up. God bless you and your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

West Virginia has very high poverty rates (maybe highest in country) and few resources. We are not sure what options you may have, but look here for information about the financial assistance in West Virginia.
Morba wrote:At the moment I am facing a problem. I have a van but it is broke down so that has left me and my five children walking a total of four miles a day to catch the school bus. I need to know is thee help out there or can someone help me get a dependable ride and I just donate this one. I live at Indore West Virginia and they don't offer transportation here except for the bus.