Section 8 housing programs

State and local government assistance programs.
LindaPfolh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8 housing programs

Post by LindaPfolh »

Where and when in Florida or Georgia is Section 8 open to applications? How much housing assistance does it prove? I thought I was already on a list for Section 8 housing assistance programs, but it turns out I wasn't and the backlog is so long. How do I apply for Section 8 Assistance and get an application? I have relatives in New Jersey who also need section 8 housing.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 housing programs

Post by Admin »

LindaPfolh wrote:Where and when in Florida or Georgia is Section 8 open to applications? How much housing assistance does it prove? I thought I was already on a list for Section 8 housing assistance programs, but it turns out I wasn't and the backlog is so long. How do I apply for Section 8 Assistance and get an application? I have relatives in New Jersey who also need section 8 housing.
Try this for low income and section 8 housing in Florida. This is a good palce to go for aid

http://www.affordablehousingonline.com/ ... p?State=FL
williar

Florida Section 8 housing programs

Post by williar »

My name is Deloris I have 5 kids in I applied for section 8 in never heard from them now I really need it is there a number I can call to see if I qualify for a voucher Thanks
darkangel10381

Post by darkangel10381 »

the section 8 list is always long i know people that have been on the list for years and still waiting they go by who needs it the most, if there was a natural disaster, there is so much they go by.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Another option to try is a community action agency. They offer various programs that can help people pay for rent, energy and heating bills, day care, and more. It really depends on your local agency. While most of the help is short term in nature, every little bit helps.

http://www.communityactionpartnership.c ... Itemid=188
Virginia

Post by Virginia »

Hello, I have been living in a motel with my 6 year old daughter in Granby CT. My dad is paying for us to stay here but its getting tough between paying 1300$ a month and his and my bills. I want to find a place for me and my child, or maybe section 8 vouchers. We also need a car. I am in the process of trying to get disability for mental issues. I just don't knew what or how to get the help I need. Please email me back asap. Christmas is very hard for me. If you can help us, please and thank you.
Tony Hawkins

Post by Tony Hawkins »

I am a single father of a 4 year old daughter. I was interested in applying for section 8 but do not know how to apply or all the works around this. My friend told me to email you here and that you would get back to you so fingers crossed here is to luck and see what happens. I hope to hear a response and hopefully you can help me out which they said you should be able to which would be awesome if you could. Thanks.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Look up your local Dept of Human Services,Dept Family and Child Services (DFACS) or local housing authority office.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Normally there is a long wait list. you also need to call a PHA near you. but we have tons of information on section 8 housing. read more. But prepared for a long wait to get a HUD voucher for you and your Daughter.
Tony Hawkins wrote:I am a single father of a 4 year old daughter. I was interested in applying for section 8 but do not know how to apply or all the works around this.