Help for people with mental illness

State and local government assistance programs.
Prentis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help for people with mental illness

Post by Prentis »

Hi there... Mental illness has played a major role in hindering where I'd like to be in my life. I've struggled with Depression/PTSD/etc since age 14 and was even hospitalized for suicidal at that age. For the most part I've been able to manage my life fairly well up until recently. Even after years of therapy & medication my condition became drastically worse, which has resulted in a 'breakdown' requiring 2 hospitalizations from mid-Jan. 2010 and July 2010. (One hospitalization for an entire month!) Being on FMLA leave from work for so long resulted in job loss. I'm also in a bind because I'm not sure that I'm emotionally (or physically) well/stable enough currently to return to the workforce & hold down a job. (it's been difficult just doing daily responsibilities to survive) Where I used to have good credit, was on time paying bills, had $ in the bank, etc. (self-sufficient basically) It seems like I've hit a brick wall going 90mph! Money is running out/gone, lease is up at the end of this month & I have no idea where or how I'm going to live/ afford/ pack/ move/ and so on. I'm in a time crunch to do a million things at once (deadlines & due dates) all while researching my options, filling out forms, appointment- setting, and attempting to maintain my emotional & physical health. I have a hard time allowing others to help me, and very much would prefer not to rely on anyone/thing to help me- but I can realize and admit that I NEED HELP! I'm at a loss as to what to do, weighing out what's most important, knowing my options, and so on. Though I have this awful mental illness I'd like to be a functioning (even contributing) member of society. In the meantime, I need support/ advise/ assistance with the following.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for people with mental illness

Post by Admin »

It sounds like your needs are very extensive. Usually any assistance funds are provided to the most vulnerable among us, and that would include seniors, children, people with mental illness or medical emergencies and the like. So that should benefit you as your begin your search for help. We have a good summary page of the low income assistance programs, and they can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/low ... grams.html Poke around the site and look for the programs referenced, and call around.
Prentis wrote:Hi there... Mental illness has played a major role in hindering where I'd like to be in my life. I've struggled with Depression/PTSD/etc since age 14 and was even hospitalized for suicidal at that age. For the most part I've been able to manage my life fairly well up until recently. Even after years of therapy & medication my condition became drastically worse, which has resulted in a 'breakdown' requiring 2 hospitalizations from mid-Jan. 2010 and July 2010. (One hospitalization for an entire month!) Being on FMLA leave from work for so long resulted in job loss. I'm also in a bind because I'm not sure that I'm emotionally (or physically) well/stable enough currently to return to the workforce & hold down a job. (it's been difficult just doing daily responsibilities to survive) Where I used to have good credit, was on time paying bills, had $ in the bank, etc. (self-sufficient basically) It seems like I've hit a brick wall going 90mph! Money is running out/gone, lease is up at the end of this month & I have no idea where or how I'm going to live/ afford/ pack/ move/ and so on. I'm in a time crunch to do a million things at once (deadlines & due dates) all while researching my options, filling out forms, appointment- setting, and attempting to maintain my emotional & physical health. I have a hard time allowing others to help me, and very much would prefer not to rely on anyone/thing to help me- but I can realize and admit that I NEED HELP! I'm at a loss as to what to do, weighing out what's most important, knowing my options, and so on. Though I have this awful mental illness I'd like to be a functioning (even contributing) member of society. In the meantime, I need support/ advise/ assistance with the following.
PerryK

Post by PerryK »

I need help. Paying my rent and utilities. I am a single mother of two girls age 14 and 11. I don’t get child support and my doctor pulled me out of work due to me having degenerative disk disease, mental illness and chronic migraines. Then I found out last month I have congestive heart failure. I don’t have any family. They are deceased and I have a few friends and a boyfriend that try to help but they have there own bills. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

I'm a single mother of 2 girls. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 1 and has a mental illness. I've called over 150 to 200 numbers trying to find someone to help me with rent or me and my babies will be on the streets and nobody can help me. I've applied for temporary assistance and food stamps but my old boss is holding me up because he is refusing to sign the paper. I'm in need of emergency help and I have no one willing to help me. I have no vehicle, no transportation because my grandpa took it back and my family has turned their head on me and my babies.
It's just us 3 and I am struggling my landlord put in for eviction today so I will be going to court soon because I have no way of coming up with 1550.00 and now another 550.00 for June. I am in need of emergency help ASAP, especially for my mentally ill daughter. Please and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Seems like you called a lot of places...almost 200. Good for you to try. We have a main directory of assistance programs my state, and then links from the state to local and regional resources. Many help the mentally ill too. The list can be found right here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
So select your state from the list, the county, then go from there.
Whiskey wrote:I'm a single mother of 2 girls. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 1 and has a mental illness. I've called over 150 to 200 numbers trying to find someone to help me with rent or me and my babies will be on the streets and nobody can help me. I've applied for temporary assistance and food stamps but my old boss is holding me up because he is refusing to sign the paper. I'm in need of emergency help and I have no one willing to help me. I have no vehicle, no transportation because my grandpa took it back and my family has turned their head on me and my babies.
It's just us 3 and I am struggling my landlord put in for eviction today so I will be going to court soon because I have no way of coming up with 1550.00 and now another 550.00 for June. I am in need of emergency help ASAP, especially for my mentally ill daughter. Please and thank you.
Heather Lawton

Post by Heather Lawton »

Thank you for your time. My name is Nancy and I was the FIRST female alter server ever for the dioceses of St Augustine at Most Holy Remember Catholic Church in Jacksonville FL. I have a person in my life who needs therapy for a mental illness.
I’m only telling you this because I have ever since confirmation given my life to the decision the flame of the holy spirit in my life. I am so thankful for the honor I will always carry with me. Now I have a hair salon and a single mother of 3 is beyond a breaking point and needs more help than I can give. She has been borrowing my son’s car which barely works.
I paid her JEA this month instead of my car note. I give her all the clients I can, and I need to find out how I can help her pay her apartment rent which is a slum that she shouldn’t be in as it’s not a good area for children. None the less she needs I think $600 by the 11th or she will be evicted and loose her twin daughters whose father her husband abandoned for the nanny. 
She needs emotional therapy and she needs us all to help with the mental illness. Please help me find the direction to get her emergency help. I will in return meet with a Father, make amends for denouncing my faith (by force from my first husband who was Jehovah’s Witness).
I will and want to confess my sins, do my penance and humbly serve the church in any capacity. I can tell you my story and will even leave my business and devotedly work with the diocese. She needs help and I need forgiveness and to be a part of flock. My direct number is Nancy.