please help and respond

State and local government assistance programs.
mspete23
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

please help and respond

Post by mspete23 »

hi i am new to this and find it very hard to find assistance in my county of Virginia. i am 22 a single mom of 2 kids expecting my 3rd in July. for now i live in limited space at my parents home who have 15 other kids to support and take care of. its sort of a burden because my kids are around. They are 1 and 2 years old and my dad already expressed how he feels about the space issue. my question is where can i find assistance in such a limited area. I want help and a better life for my kids. if anyone knows anything please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: please help and respond

Post by Admin »

You did not indicate your county in Virginia. Try this resource for extensive information on Virginia. The op section is more statewide programs, with additional links to pantries, credit counseling, and much more. Middle section of the page is local county, city, and town financial assistance agencies and non-profits. Here is the link for Virginia assistance programs.
mspete23 wrote:hi i am new to this and find it very hard to find assistance in my county of Virginia. i am 22 a single mom of 2 kids expecting my 3rd in July. for now i live in limited space at my parents home who have 15 other kids to support and take care of. its sort of a burden because my kids are around. They are 1 and 2 years old and my dad already expressed how he feels about the space issue. my question is where can i find assistance in such a limited area. I want help and a better life for my kids. if anyone knows anything please contact me.
J Bond

Post by J Bond »

I am a recently stay at home mother of three girls and I am looking for assistance with my light bill. I live in Valdosta, Georgia and everywhere here that I have called does not have any funds. I am recently unemployed and I only receive a 99 dollars unemployment check a week which is not enough to help me pay my bills and my rent which is 400 dollars a month. I am emailing you to see if you had any information on where I can find any more assistance to help me with my light bill and possible rent.
Libby

Post by Libby »

I’m asking for help with paying my rent. I am trying to support my family of seven by myself due to my fiancé being in the hospital. She is very ill and not doing well. I’m working a full time job and its hard to make ends meet by myself. My rent is 750 and I’m trying my best to pay everything. Just not working and need help with the kids needs also.
Signsealed

Post by Signsealed »

I am 54 years old, receive $990 a month SSDI per month. My rent is $595 per month plus electric. I live in Florida but I am afraid to use my AC due to electrical costs so I use a fan, I haven't a car can't afford one so I have to pay to get rides to my doctor visits, store. I get very little in food stamps, I don't get them till the 9th of each month so I have to buy food with what little money I have left over after paying rent, plus other household needs, by the last two weeks of the month.
I have little or no money to buy food or any other needs. I was just wondering if there was any rental assistance available for disabled people? With such low income. I like the fact I now can live on my own feeling more independent but I can barley make it. Thank you for any information you can give me.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Call your local housing authority to see if they offer section 8 and what the process is. Also call your local department of aging they may have more ideas for assistance.
Becky Quicker

Post by Becky Quicker »

I just received my dis-possessor warrant. I don't have the money to pay the rent at this time. I've gone on my third interview. I'm told the decision would be made today or tomorrow and training will start next week. I will be evicted by that time, so will someone help me?
Rent is $692 excluding water which is 54.00. Then there is the late fee of $125.00 and the filing fee of $200 total $1071.59. Salvation army issued a check for $200 to my subdivision. So the $200 should be waived. Please can you help me or please me with someone that can. My daughter is 1 month shy of graduating high school, and I would like to live here and not on the streets when this happens. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you technically still do not have a job lined up in Dorchester County, if you are going on yet another interview. So you are asking for a lot of money when technically you still do not have a way to pay future rent on your own. So you are in a tough spot. You may need to call around to many charities in Dorchester to ask around, and here is a list of programs to try. Do if for your daughter. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html