diabetic assistance?

State and local government assistance programs.
poptrunk
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

diabetic assistance?

Post by poptrunk »

is there any grant or funding i am able to receive as a 21 yearold diabetic [type1] living with and having to help and support his 59 yearold father? im assuming we are low income considering that my father was laid off and is now doing odd construction and AC/heating jobs to support us.

according to fafsa i am unable to receive aid unless i supply his tax info, but is there any way i can classify myself as a independent and still live with him so i dont have to use his tax information?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: diabetic assistance?

Post by Admin »

Not sure. When it comes to tax matters or those type of issues, you need to speak to a professional. If you use this link for credit counseling agencies, many of them can offer information on tax matters too. Or at least point you in the right direction.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
As far as the medical and diabetic issues, use this resource for free health care information and programs. Maybe some resources can help you. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html

poptrunk wrote:is there any grant or funding i am able to receive as a 21 yearold diabetic [type1] living with and having to help and support his 59 yearold father? im assuming we are low income considering that my father was laid off and is now doing odd construction and AC/heating jobs to support us.

according to fafsa i am unable to receive aid unless i supply his tax info, but is there any way i can classify myself as a independent and still live with him so i dont have to use his tax information?
Boehner

Post by Boehner »

I have no heat, water, the lights are to be turned off Thursday. My job declared bankruptcy owing me over 6,000. My daughter and her family were evicted because her husband failed to call into Family Dollar from ICU although my daughter did call. My son is in school but his grant has not come in yet. I had two heart attacks, open heart surgery and am dependent on disability as diabetic.
I was a minister's wife for 28 years and helped people with these problems now this catastrophe has happened to my family and I can't get any help. It is cold here and there are two sick children here, please help. I have a Christian landlord who hasn't evicted me yet although I am months behind. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great of your landlord if they did not evict you yet. Many do not do this. But call around to some of the charities in Washington County Maryland. They can not only help with filing for bankruptcy, but also offer other medical care for diabetes, medications, and more. There are also clinics in Maryland for diabetics, so try them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_p6.html
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

I was a homeless in Hawaii for 4 1/2 months until my sister paid my fair and invited me to stay with her and her family. I don't have Medicare and I am very sick. I have Diabetes type I and I don't have my medication. My sister has kids of her own and paying a lot of her bills, so she cannot support me as well, I would like to work but when I overwork myself my blood pressure goes up and so does my diabetes. Please I need help even if it’s just for a while, I need cash assistance, medication for my diabetes and Medicare as well as food.
MrsJasnen

Post by MrsJasnen »

I am a single mother of 2 and am highly diabetic and barely working in DC Public Schools. I need medicines, food, shelter, clothing, furniture, and funds to help with utilities (electric, gas, and water). I would like to find some housing that is low income or work with your income and find housing without utilities or utilities included. PLEASE we may be put out on the street soon and the weather is changing. My family is dying out and don't have other help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a list of programs focused on diabetes and those needs. Then, being a single mom, use the rest of the site for the financial aid. As far as the medical needs, find free diabetes medications, including insulin and more.
MrsJasnen wrote:I am a single mother of 2 and am highly diabetic and I need medicines.
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hello, I am
I am Interested in receiving information about your programs, for people on Medicare. And Information on your diabetic testing supplies. I'm currently a type Two diabetic and I am currently using a one touch ultra. I was looking for a glucose monitor that has the black light option. You may fax me any information that you may have that I may be eligible for. Thank you.