Disabled Food Pantry or Banks that deliver

State and local government assistance programs.
Badones
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled Food Pantry or Banks that deliver

Post by Badones »

It is great that the ageing, elders are taken care of through the meas on wheels, and other food banks, but it seems to me that the unfortunate or left out of the deal are the disabled that live alone and whom take care of them selves. Shouldn't they also be included and/or thought about in some of these programs. I am disabled and low income, I take care of myself, but I would like to have food to replenish my nutritional status.

Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled Food Pantry or Banks that deliver

Post by Admin »

There are tens of thousands of food pantries, food banks, churches, and charities around the nation that offer meals, food, free groceries, and more. Not to mention government aid. Frankly that is probably the easiest type of assistance to get. If you provide your state / county we can tell you directly where to go. But since you did not provide enough information use this for general food bank information. Links to states are midway down that page.
Badones wrote:It is great that the ageing, elders are taken care of through the meas on wheels, and other food banks, but it seems to me that the unfortunate or left out of the deal are the disabled that live alone and whom take care of them selves. Shouldn't they also be included and/or thought about in some of these programs. I am disabled and low income, I take care of myself, but I would like to have food to replenish my nutritional status.

Thank you.
Badones

Post by Badones »

I see that I did not make myself clear, I was talking about the disabled that may be unable to leave their homes, such a no car and or unable to drive, no one to assist in their getting the food. I feel that the meals on wheels program or something of that nature would be very good to the disabled public. My location is in Milwaukee, WI. 53210.

Thank you once again
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are some programs and agencies to try in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This resource is for a wide variety of Milwaukke assistance programs. While we are not sure if places have food deliveries, you can call around. As far as more food, meal, and grocery focused areas, try this for Milwaukee food banks.
Badones wrote:I see that I did not make myself clear, I was talking about the disabled that may be unable to leave their homes, such a no car and or unable to drive, no one to assist in their getting the food. I feel that the meals on wheels program or something of that nature would be very good to the disabled public. My location is in Milwaukee, WI. 53210.

Thank you once again
Badones

Post by Badones »

You had replied to me with, "Here are some programs and agencies to try in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This resource is for a wide variety of Milwaukke assistance programs. While we are not sure if places have food deliveries, you can call around. As far as more food, meal, and grocery focused areas, try this for Milwaukee food banks." I have been calling all around Milwaukee and found no such thing. I am sure you know what is gowing on, but I think this was an oversight that's all, please keep me informed.

Thank you.
SalPal

Post by SalPal »

Huh? I sent you a link with dozens of phone numbers to agencies, food banks, etc. Whether they are out of food and funds or not is not something we at needhelppayingbills can control. We provides you dozens of phone numbers (on our own time and energy and don't ask one thing from you) in an effort at absolutely no cost to you. By the way, you are welcome for the time we have spent in trying to provide you information.

Badones wrote:You had replied to me with, "Here are some programs and agencies to try in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This resource is for a wide variety of Milwaukke assistance programs. While we are not sure if places have food deliveries, you can call around. As far as more food, meal, and grocery focused areas, try this for Milwaukee food banks." I have been calling all around Milwaukee and found no such thing. I am sure you know what is gowing on, but I think this was an oversight that's all, please keep me informed.

Thank you.
HeadofFamily

Post by HeadofFamily »

I want to find out about food banks that can help me as I am homebound, rent assistance and utilities. I have a shoulder injury and before the injury jobs were pretty scarce. No luck finding a job and things have been stressful. I have no job, a broke shoulder and crappy car I have to deal with daily and I'm looking for a sign from god for some kind of help. So I can't even drive to a pantry. I don't know if it will be bad enough for disability.
Worse case scenario and even then it'll be awhile till I know or can get approved and still have bills. If they is a program that can help with money to benefit towards the bills please contact me. Or Meals on Wheels would be nice, or some food program like that. We recently acquired a apartment and I have no insurance and have therapy and no income to provide towards the bills. My girlfriend lost her job and has been on unemployment and will soon run out so any assistance will help until something comes along.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Homebound can look into a Meals on Wheels service. This is usually an option regardless of income. You seem to indicate it is a short term injury, and you may be better in a while. That is not an issue...this program can still help you. As Meals on Wheels is both for long term and short term support.
HeadofFamily wrote:I want to find out about food banks that can help me as I am homebound, rent assistance and utilities.
Worse case scenario and even then it'll be awhile till I know or can get approved and still have bills. If they is a program that can help with money to benefit towards the bills please contact me. Or Meals on Wheels would be nice, or some food program like that.
LesterH1

Post by LesterH1 »

Hello,
I stumbled onto your website looking for food banks for the disabled in my area.
We're a family of 6 with the 4 of us at home still and one disabled.
We have fallen on some hard times. The worse we've had yet. My husband and I both lost our jobs a few days apart.
We were already struggling trying to make up what we had spent on the holidays. Now this! Our landlord has been amazing working with us. I thought we'd get caught up when our taxes came in. There is a hold on our check from back taxes. I'm not even sure if we will get any back at all.
I am not sure where to turn. If you could pass any information on food banks my way that would be so much appreciated!
We live in Shelbyville, Indiana. This house is our dream home it would completely break all our hearts.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are food banks and meals on Wheels in El Paso TX. either may help you. They do not discriminate against the disabled or those that lack transportation. Find them here, and locate Meals on wheels in El Paso County.
LesterH1 wrote:Hello,
I stumbled onto your website looking for food banks for the disabled in my area.
Newton Adam

Post by Newton Adam »

I live at Little Elm, TX 75068 and I am on disability and need a food pantry that delivers to the disabled. I've been on disability since October 2018. I am 52 years old.  
don't qualify for any help  because I'm not a senior over 65 or because I make a little bit too much a month but yet I can barely make it being disabled without have food or meals delivered.  Wherein live now I can't even get Meals on Wheels and where are used to live in Athens Texas I at least got meals on wheels.  I only get $15 food stamps.
I don't have a car because I worked part time making car payments and Social Security made me quit part time therefore I had to lose my car.  I need a car to go to doctors’ appointments medicines, grocery store and to get peace of mind just to go somewhere.  I cannot get any dealership to qualify me  for used car not even under $5000 and anything over $5,000 I have to have a cosigner or money down. 
I'm lost I'm hopeless and begging and praying for help.   Also, I am alone.  I live alone.  My depression and anxiety is through the roof and I can't get anyone to help.  PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Delivery services vary by pantry - obviously. But we have a list of free food banks and Meals on Wheels services in Texas. The best thing to do is contact them and them them you are disabled/homebound and see how it goes. Learn more on free food in TX.
Newton Adam wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:36 am I live at Little Elm, TX 75068 and I am on disability and need a food pantry that delivers to the disabled.