I need cash assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
JohnJackson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I need cash assistance

Post by JohnJackson »

I need help on all my bills and cash assistance as my water just got cut off today. I have 4 kids that i take care of. I am on section 8 but i do not have to pay any rent rite now. I been without a job now for 2 in a half month now. The job I had was a part time job 25 hour a week 8.50 an hour. My hours was getting cut back cause the work was not coming in. so i got into a program that will help me better my work skills so i can get a better job but it did work out well. When we got done they could not find us a job in the training the train us in. A lot of the company who said they was going to hire us went out of business or had to make cut . but i have call all of the assistance on your page and 211 and i have not got any help at all still. Some say they cant help me cause i do not have a job and i do not have half of the money, or they only giving like 50, 75, or $100 in cash that will help out on my bills and rite now my bills are so far back they like 459,596,225,125,423 that. So can u please help me out or let me know who can.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need cash assistance

Post by Admin »

are you serious? "Only" getting like $50 in $100 in cash. That sounds pretty good to me. What do you expect, them to take care of every bill and expense you have for free? Are you collecting unemployment? Anyway not sure what more we can do, or anyone for that matter if you are getting that type of help already. But free to explore the main site of need help paying bills for more information if you want.
JohnJackson wrote:I need help on all my bills and cash assistance as my water just got cut off today. I have 4 kids that i take care of. I am on section 8 but i do not have to pay any rent rite now. I been without a job now for 2 in a half month now. The job I had was a part time job 25 hour a week 8.50 an hour. My hours was getting cut back cause the work was not coming in. so i got into a program that will help me better my work skills so i can get a better job but it did work out well. When we got done they could not find us a job in the training the train us in. A lot of the company who said they was going to hire us went out of business or had to make cut . but i have call all of the assistance on your page and 211 and i have not got any help at all still. Some say they cant help me cause i do not have a job and i do not have half of the money, or they only giving like 50, 75, or $100 in cash that will help out on my bills and rite now my bills are so far back they like 459,596,225,125,423 that. So can u please help me out or let me know who can.
Fiatowner

Post by Fiatowner »

I am trying to assist a family that is new to the United States. This family has all their paper work that would be required. They are not in the United States long enough to receive food stamps or cash. Both parents work but are working poor. They have 3 children and are doing all they can to provide for their family. They did go to the welfare building but they were told they are not eligible for any kind of assistance. I do not believe this is true. Can you please confirm if it is true that they are not eligible for any heating or cash assistance? I am pretty sure they missed the date that they could apply for LHeap, can they still apply for crises. They do have shut off notices. Because of the language and cultural barrier the family is having a hard time navigating our system and frankly they have been brushed off by everyone they have spoken for and have asked for help. Can you please give me some direction and suggestions so that I can help this family? I thank you in advance for any help you may offer me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many states offer what is known as a refugee resettlement program, which can provide cash assistance for people new to the state or country. Now of course it only runs for a short period of time, and only certain expenses are paid for, but it may be a good starting point for you. We are not sure of the laws and if they can apply for heating assistance. Each and every state is different. However you can look into Massachusetts public assistance and find out what services are offered. Massachusetts is really a good state as far as number and depth of programs offered.
Fiatowner wrote:I am trying to assist a family that is new to the United States. This family has all their paper work that would be required. They are not in the United States long enough to receive food stamps or cash. Both parents work but are working poor. They have 3 children and are doing all they can to provide for their family. They did go to the welfare building but they were told they are not eligible for any kind of assistance. I do not believe this is true. Can you please confirm if it is true that they are not eligible for any heating or cash assistance? I am pretty sure they missed the date that they could apply for LHeap, can they still apply for crises. They do have shut off notices. Because of the language and cultural barrier the family is having a hard time navigating our system and frankly they have been brushed off by everyone they have spoken for and have asked for help. Can you please give me some direction and suggestions so that I can help this family? I thank you in advance for any help you may offer me.
any team

Post by any team »

I live in the Elmira New York area. I am a disabled, but full time (for three years now) online student who is obtaining her Bachelor of Science in Business. I am having a very hard time paying my bills on a 688.00 a month income. My rent is 500, my utilities are getting further and further behind trying to keep up with the rent, phone/internet, utilities, garbage. Then coming home the other day, my old decapitated car blew the main seal. I am all alone, no children and desperately trying to keep my head above water until I graduate in January of 2014. I have no friends or family in this area and do not know where to turn. To top it all off, my furnace in my house went out and so did my clothes dryer. If it wasn’t for bad luck, then I do not think that I would have any luck at all. I would greatly appreciate any kind of information that I could obtain in order to maybe find some assistance. I suffer from PTSD and I am telling you that these reoccurring problems really have not been good on me at all. Thank you and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we do have information on assistance for the Elmira NY area, including disability. Now always apply for SSI, and see your local Chemung County social service office. We always strongly recommend that for anyone who is disabled. As far as other options and financial resources for you, find out listing of Elmira NY agencies. Learn more on services and programs administered in the western part of the great New York State.
Amy Smith

Post by Amy Smith »

I am currently renting an apartment. I was recently told that I will not be working for the Summer and will not be bring home a paycheck at least until September. I have been applying to places for several weeks now. I have 2 children and need assistance with paying our bills for the next couple of months (July and August). My youngest child has asthma and allergies, plus he used to be prone to seizures, but hasn't had any lately.
Kalarahi

Post by Kalarahi »

My family has come across some hardships. We have 4 small children. My husband does have a job and we were doing good financially up until last month and this month. We are slowly catching up everything, but still have a few bills that are past due. I had several hundred dollars we had to pay out for me to see doctor a couple times so that hurt us financially and then my husbands father passed away 2 months ago from cancer. We had to travel out of town several times for this. Well after we got trough moms death, we were starting to see more bills getting paid. Then last month his grandfather passed away. We also traveled out of town for that and she lived in Utah. we have just gotten back into our normal routine. My husband has been working as much as possible and we have been able to catch up on some bills. unfortunately our water bill is still not been able to be paid and is due for it to be shut off. Another thing is our water bill was extremely high but until we can afford for a plumber to come check everything out we still have to take care of the big bill. I am just trying to see if there is some assistance out there to help with our water bill. Thank you.
Person

Post by Person »

I was married to an abusive man for 6 years. Just a few weeks ago I was able to get him away and out of the house. But I was a housewife, no children, and no income. I have fallen a month behind on rent, on water, and no gas for my car. I just got hired for a part time job yesterday. But I need help with rent to avoid eviction, and my water before its shut off, and gas for my car until I get my first paycheck in a couple weeks. I will be evicted in a week if rent is not caught up. I pay $525 per month here. And I owe $40 to the Elmore water company in Montana.
Berman

Post by Berman »

I am on a fixed income. I get 710.00 dollars a month and my rent is 575.00 a month and I paid a 100.00 on my light bill but it was a 196.00 dollars. And they are talking about cutting my lights off on the 22th of this month. I am disabled and I am looking for some help. If you know anybody to help me please call me. I have a minute phone. Just leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible. Or you can send me a email. I am going to in the morning. Please I really need the help. Thank you so much. I live in Dallas.
Thedoctor

Post by Thedoctor »

I have a family of four including myself. I am a full time parent, I work a full time job as receptionist and a full time student at college America going for my associated in medical specialties. I barely make enough due to the lack of work, I work for a temp service and right now the position I'm in is only temporary.
When my assignment is up in September I'm not guaranteed I will have another job line up. It all depends on the temp services on what they get in. I have son who has a disability, he has ADD, ADHD, DD Development disabilities, and has to take medication to calm his short temper so his mind can focus. Thank you for your help.
Amber1

Post by Amber1 »

I need rental assistance, cash from the government and utilities assistance. I have disconnections notices and is falling behind. I work part time but I can’t catch up with all my bills that I pay every month. I am a single mother and although my son is grown he just turned 20 but he is not going to college and is not working.
I have tried to make him do something to help and other than putting him out in the streets. I don't know what to do. I am stressed out every day because I am a good person that believes in working and doing the right thing by paying my bills on time. I would like to one day own my own home but I can’t do anything until I get caught up on my current and previous bills. I need help bad and now. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Cash assistance is available in New York. Try your local department of human services office. Also, if you only work part time, how can you hope to keep up with the bills (and utilities) in the future? You need a higher income. That should help reduce the stress you have, and any public benefits from the state of NY may require that as well. Here are resources to try. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Capture

Post by Capture »

I need cash assistance for help paying my rent because I'm behind because of my light Bill doubled in payment because of a water leak that accrued during the early summer last month and I also need help with food and food for the upcoming holidays being that my husband is handicap. I a diabetic with diabetic ulcers on my legs that keep my in bed. Most of the time but I have 8 children in my home that need clothes and mostly shoes. The 3 youngest want bikes for this upcoming Christmastime. You could help us we would be so please with anything, thank you very much.