Houston help and assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
MarkLow12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Houston help and assistance

Post by MarkLow12 »

I am behind my bills, rent, and more in Houston. Where can I go to get low income assistance, and also maybe refinance my debt. Any type of food aid, or help with groceries would be nice as well. Thee oil economy in Houston has really slowed down and it is hurting us on the job front.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Houston help and assistance

Post by Admin »

try this link for Catholic charities in Houston. They offer a wide variety of help and assistance programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... f=10&t=229
G20

Post by G20 »

I've been unemployed for almost 2 years. I've looked for work everyday but still not work. on may 12th my unemployment was cancelled and i have no way to pay my rent or buy food etc. Please help me on paying this months rent and my bills, and maybe getting some food and if possible finding a job,. I would greatly appreciate it! thank you for your time. FYI I live in Houston Texas area. I do not have family in the area too help.
Sadir

Post by Sadir »

We are a about to be evicted from our apartment in Houston Texas because we can't afford the rent. This is because I am the only one in my household working and I only work part time. We are also currently dealing with child and youth to get our son home. So we need help with rent and/ or housing assistance, food, MET ED bill, winter clothing for everyone, job assistance for the boyfriend etc.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you may need to leave the home for a bit, as with all those bills even if some agency were to give you some financial help you would be in the same place again. So there are agencies to try for financial aid in Harris County Texas, and they are noted on the main site. Also look into budgeting classes as well, and find the Houston agencies. Learn more.
Stewards

Post by Stewards »

Hello,
My name is Lashonda and i live in Houston. I have 2 kids one girl one boy and I am struggling to pay my bills due to my husband getting laid off from work. I have a cut off notice for my water bill that is due on the 12th of this month and I still haven’t paid rent for this month yet. I just got caught up on rent from august. I live in the Harris county area outside of Houston, TX.
I really hate bothering people and asking for help. But in ACTUALITY I been picking up extra hours at work to make it buy. I can’t pay my car note so it turned off by the dealership. My husband have been going to interviews but no one seems to hire him. He has been in his job for over 15 years. It is really hard for me my daughter is a senior at north shore and was accepted in the medical program and I'm scraping pennies just to pay for her uniforms and senior dues. I just need a little help if you please.
Thank you for your time.
Queeny

Post by Queeny »

Dear Sir/Madame:
I am sending this request to you in desperate need of help here in Houston. My husband dies in April 2023 leaving behind me and our soon to be 25 year old autistic son. The area we resided in in Houston was not a good area by any means, but my husband was always there to protect us. Before they even took my husband's body from out of the trailer there were people coming up from canoes/small boats and stealing things. My husband's workroom has been turned upside down. Our lawn mower & weedeaters were just a few of the many things stolen, which left me trying to keep the front lawn kept up by using a sharp steak knife or pulling up by hand. I have no family here and friends here are ones who are stealing everything they can and do not help in any way. I NEED TO GET ME & MY SON OUT OF HERE!!
I have found a couple of place in the Houston area that I would like us to move to. The rent is under $1000 month & the security deposit is under $1000 month. I do have a friend (doesn't live in this area) that could drive a Uhaul truck for me to move our belongings and to get him back by bus/plane. I just need help with that moving cost also.
I will be 65 years old on December 8th and have been on disability since 2011. I receive a monthly SSDI check and my son also receives a monthly SSDI check. We would be able to make the future rent payments. We are just unable to make the initial payments to help us get out of here. These 64 years of my life I have never been alone and on my own. I have always been with someone. All of this is so very knew to me and so confusing. I've never done any of the things I've had to do or make decisions about or felt so vulnerable to the human race.
Please help me or refer me to anyone that might be able to help me.