Desperately seeking advice and information for grandmother i

State and local government assistance programs.
Leshawest
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Desperately seeking advice and information for grandmother i

Post by Leshawest »

Hi I'm looking for help for a woman who's raising her grandchildren, and has help numerous homeless teens and adults with a place to stay and something to eat she has worked entire and never asked any one for help before. She has fallen upon hard times and is facing foreclosure being sued by a loan company for a loan she was unable to make payments, due to her extremely high utilities costs, her home is old and needs major repairs, but because she works she does not qualify for slot of programs even though she is very low income and has a full house of people she takes care of. I am in need of any and all help and/ or information, & or contact info for agencies that might be able to help her any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ps she is located in the northern California bayarea
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperately seeking advice and information for grandmoth

Post by Admin »

Our information and programs are listed county and city specific. So where in the Bay area? Alameda, San Fran? While we wait for more information from you, in the meantime use this link for California assistance programs. Towards the top are more statewide programs. Scroll midway down to find links to local county programs. From the top section are some links to mortgage and housing programs, and links to information on free HUD counseling in California. It is great that you are looking out for others. Let us know if you can't find what you need and we will provide more information.
Leshawest wrote:Hi I'm looking for help for a woman who's raising her grandchildren, and has help numerous homeless teens and adults with a place to stay and something to eat she has worked entire and never asked any one for help before. She has fallen upon hard times and is facing foreclosure being sued by a loan company for a loan she was unable to make payments, due to her extremely high utilities costs, her home is old and needs major repairs, but because she works she does not qualify for slot of programs even though she is very low income and has a full house of people she takes care of. I am in need of any and all help and/ or information, & or contact info for agencies that might be able to help her any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ps she is located in the northern California bayarea
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

I am writing this letter in hopes of finding a solution to the problematic living situation that my family, my grandmother and I are facing. I am originally from Long Island, NY (Massapequa Park) and have been living in South Florida for a few years now. My family's future is back on the island.
Getting grounded has been the main problem we're facing. We have no family or friends to fall back on for temporary help. Finding employment is no issue for me, opportunity is all around and I've always been able to find it when I've needed it. Being anchored first is the wall we cannot climb on our own. We've tried in the past posting our situation on Craig list, offering a few months of rent up front, but have only come across people that sounded like scammers or those who are not willing to take in tenants with no current job. We have come to a point where we just don't know what to do anymore. We would like to ask if you know of any assistance programs to help families in our particular situation. Some kind of temporary housing offered to people trying to move from out of state. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need temporary housing in Suffolk County New York, and you have a source of income, try an extended stay hotel. Places like Residence Inn can provide multiple rooms to a family moving from another state. Or you can try transitional housing in the region too, as that often helps.
Other agencies in Long island and Suffolk can help you get that job in as little time as possible. So there are many places to try, and find help in Suffolk County New York.