FAMILY IN NEED FOR HELP WITH BURIAL EXPENSES

State and local government assistance programs.
lb7321
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

FAMILY IN NEED FOR HELP WITH BURIAL EXPENSES

Post by lb7321 »

I am trying to find help for a family who lives in Christiansburg,Virginia. They just lost their mother a little over a month ago and last night they lost their brother. They did not have any type of life insurance and they are still trying to pay for their mothers funeral,they have a family plot,but they dont know how they are going to be able to pay for anything else. They contacted social services but they dont help with any funeral expenses,if anyone could help me locate an agency that could help them it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: FAMILY IN NEED FOR HELP WITH BURIAL EXPENSES

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that, and that is good of you to be on the lookout for them. We do think assistance for funeral and burial expenses is not common to get, but there are some agencies to try to call in Montgomery County and Christiansburg Virginia. find them here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mon ... ce_p3.html
Your local community action agency, the New River Community Action program, may be the best place for information, but other resources are listed too.
lb7321 wrote:I am trying to find help for a family who lives in Christiansburg,Virginia. They just lost their mother a little over a month ago and last night they lost their brother. They did not have any type of life insurance and they are still trying to pay for their mothers funeral,they have a family plot,but they dont know how they are going to be able to pay for anything else. They contacted social services but they dont help with any funeral expenses,if anyone could help me locate an agency that could help them it would be greatly appreciated.
lb7321

Post by lb7321 »

Thank you for the information we will call them tomarrow,we have been on the internet and phone all day and have not had any luck.
Skylert

Post by Skylert »

My boyfriend has been laid off since November from last year. He goes to agencies to apply for a job but they don't call him at all. Its getting stressful because we have kids from 10, 7, 5 years and 10 months.
He gets only unemployment but that’s not enough are rent is $1395. I get general relief but it’s still not enough for the rent or bills. Last week they turn off our light. Then a relative died and us kids are all contributing money for funeral costs. We had to get $300 from the rent to get them to turn on the lights. Now yesterday we got an eviction notice.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

I am really inquiring on how to help my sister with her funeral
and burial arrangements since she has no life insurance and is on social
Security disability and dying from cancer.
If you know of anywhere I can contact for assistance with this future burial I
Would appreciate it. I have found several places online that I
Am checking into, so if you do not have any info on the above I
Do not need to hear back from you.
Thank you for your response,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you found several places online that help with burial needs, you should pursue those. As assistance is rare. We have a few ideas as well, and find funeral and burial help.
Also, if your sister is on disability, maybe a local social security office (SSA) will provide funds from SSI. Or try a county indigent burial program ofr resources.
Area51 wrote:I am really inquiring on how to help my sister with her funeral
and burial arrangements since she has no life insurance and is on social
Security disability and dying from cancer.
If you know of anywhere I can contact for assistance with this future burial I
Would appreciate it. I have found several places online that I
Am checking into, so if you do not have any info on the above I
Do not need to hear back from you.
Thank you for your response,