Have cancer and behind on bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Snowball
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Have cancer and behind on bills

Post by Snowball »

I live in Dallas, TX. Up until December 2010 I was employed for almost 20 years straight. I had breast cancer and has since used all savings & retirement to continue to survive and pay medical check-ups and doctor's visits. Unemployment does not not all of my bills (rent, electric, water, food and MEDICAL) I am overdue for my mammogram check-up and want to know if there is any organization that can help me. If nothing but with my mammogram I would be eternal grateful. The hospital in Dallas cant do it until late January and I need a mammogram now.
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Have cancer and behind on bills

Post by Admin »

Are you on any COBRA health insurance or any other benefits from your previous employer? While we are not sure if they can help with cancer, there are a number of free clinics and medical providers that operate in Dallas Texas. Find a listing of them here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cli ... allas.html
While they may not be able to help with a mammogram (or they might be able to...just not sure) the fact is they may know who you can call for help or assistance.

Snowball wrote:I live in Dallas, TX. Up until December 2010 I was employed for almost 20 years straight. I had breast cancer and has since used all savings & retirement to continue to survive and pay medical check-ups and doctor's visits. Unemployment does not not all of my bills (rent, electric, water, food and MEDICAL) I am overdue for my mammogram check-up and want to know if there is any organization that can help me. If nothing but with my mammogram I would be eternal grateful. The hospital in Dallas cant do it until late January and I need a mammogram now.
Thanks
mistybluediane

Post by mistybluediane »

Hello, I, too, have breast cancer. I am on cobra and it is killing me... I have had to borrow thousands from my family to keep this insurance as I was fired from my job. Now I just found out they are going to give me $16/mo to eat on... HELLOOOOO>>>
It is unreal how the average U.S. citizen cannot get the help they need.....I suppose we will all end up sleeping in our cars...
I wish I had help for you.... I agree, unemployment barely pays the rent.............. it's so sad.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think we provided you information on resources for cancer patients in another post. If not let us know. Try this for general medical bill assistance programs. Learn about consolidation, free clinics, and other aid and support.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
mistybluediane wrote:Hello, I, too, have breast cancer. I am on cobra and it is killing me... I have had to borrow thousands from my family to keep this insurance as I was fired from my job. Now I just found out they are going to give me $16/mo to eat on... HELLOOOOO>>>
It is unreal how the average U.S. citizen cannot get the help they need.....I suppose we will all end up sleeping in our cars...
I wish I had help for you.... I agree, unemployment barely pays the rent.............. it's so sad.
LaTessa

Post by LaTessa »

I was in an accident a few months back as I was struck by a moving vehicle. (I was not in a car). My husband also has cancer. As a result I have struggled financially as I do not have full use of my arm yet. I am behind on my rent and electric bill. My rent was due on the 15th and I just called today and had to get an extension to avoid my electric being shut off. I need help paying my rent and electric bill this month.
Maxie Mueller

Post by Maxie Mueller »

I recently was informed I have lung cancer. I had surgery on 7/31/2015. Will need to have numerous treatments.
I live in Kewaunee, WI and we do not have any Salvation army, Red Cross, or any organizations available for assistance.
I am not entitled to any short term disability through my employment, so I will be out of work for almost 4 months
With absolutely no income.
Any way you can help me, financial, food, bills, and transportation expenses? Anything desperately appreciated.
Please email me or contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many charities that offer financial help to cancer patients. We have a list of them on the site here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Also, we are you not entitled to short term disability? Seems like employers need to offer this. And maybe even by law. So maybe talk to an attorney as well.