Looking for HELP with my bills in Vermont?

State and local government assistance programs.
roys25
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for HELP with my bills in Vermont?

Post by roys25 »

I'm hoping someone who reads this could kindly steer me in the right direction, I am unemployed since 6/22/11, while I do receive unemployment the amount I actually get is only $197.99 per week, the remaining goes to my ex for child support and because of this has left me in bad shape financially.

The good news is I start a new job on 1/3/12 but I have no money and looking for help with my rent, I'm currently 1 month behind and my rent is $625 a mo.
My cell phone is going to be shut off shortly and I currently owe approx. $250 (my cell is my primary and only phone) and I have the most basic calling package. I am 3 months behind and have been begging Verizon wireless not to shut me off but that will come to an end the end of this week..
I know this may not seem like much that's because I have begged and borrowed from everyone I know but now I have no other resources and am hoping someone might advise me where I could turn for help with these few bills?
I live in Vermont just outside of Burlington.
Thank you,

Roy
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for HELP with my bills in Vermont?

Post by Admin »

Call this leading non-profit in Burlington Vermont. Ask them about local assistance programs, rent help, etc. The local communication agency agency to call is Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity at (802) 862-2771. We do have some information on utility and heating bill assistance in Vermont, and those programs are noted here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ver ... nd_ut.html

roys25 wrote:I'm hoping someone who reads this could kindly steer me in the right direction, I am unemployed since 6/22/11, while I do receive unemployment the amount I actually get is only $197.99 per week, the remaining goes to my ex for child support and because of this has left me in bad shape financially.

The good news is I start a new job on 1/3/12 but I have no money and looking for help with my rent, I'm currently 1 month behind and my rent is $625 a mo.
My cell phone is going to be shut off shortly and I currently owe approx. $250 (my cell is my primary and only phone) and I have the most basic calling package. I am 3 months behind and have been begging Verizon wireless not to shut me off but that will come to an end the end of this week..
I know this may not seem like much that's because I have begged and borrowed from everyone I know but now I have no other resources and am hoping someone might advise me where I could turn for help with these few bills?
I live in Vermont just outside of Burlington.
Thank you,

Roy
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

A friend of mine was in a horrible motorcycle accident about a month ago. He is suffering tremendously as a result. He is self employed in Burlington Vermont, but since the accident has had to close his shop. He is now struggling to make it and at the same time dealing with multiple injuries which makes it impossible to work. He just needs any assistance he can get until he's back on his feet. Please let me know what might be available to him. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the community action agencies in Vermont. Also, if he is in bad share from the accident, did they apply for disability? That may be another options for them, and will provide him time to get back on his feet. Locate the assistance from Vermont community action agencies.