Programs for senior citizens

State and local government assistance programs.
Withoutyou
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Programs for senior citizens

Post by Withoutyou »

I cannot believe that being a senior who is disabled has so much trouble to get help in this country being a United States Citizen born and raised and deceased husband worked so many years and paid taxes cannot get help because of what one gets on SSA. I barely have enough to buy food that I need to eat being I am a diabetic etc. I make $1025.00 a month I pay rent, car pmt. (05) car insurance and all the other necessities to be able to survive. This amount seems to the government to be a lot of money, but with the economy being as it is this amount is barely enough for the necessities but when it comes to buying groceries for the whole month it is not enough, Many seniors pay to have someone take them here and there . there is no free help for us. I don't even qualify for med-cal so I have to pay all the 20% medicare does not pay because I cannot afford the high premiums the insurances charge. What are seniors suppose to do to live and be healthy ??? We are living like third world citizens, Yet the government gives non citizens so much help and is sending monies to other countries at the cost of seniors that worked and expected to get back enough to be able to live on, I for one get so depressed etc. I want to work and because of my age I cannot seem to be able to work, although at this time I am recovering from major surgeries I have had this year. There are times that my refrigerator is empty, but I know there are other seniors in the same boat and most of us cannot go out there and and beg to the agencies as we are not able to even go out of our homes. I get so frustrated. Thanks for reading this e-mail.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Programs for senior citizens

Post by Admin »

Is it food that you need initially. Many churches, charities, and local organizations provide free food, especially to seniors. A big one is the meals on wheels program. Then once you get food then look into other help, as obviously food, meals, and groceries are most important to make it through the day. Seniors may usually get priority when applying for aid, so you have that going for you. Find a listing of food banks and programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html
Withoutyou wrote:I cannot believe that being a senior who is disabled has so much trouble to get help in this country being a United States Citizen born and raised and deceased husband worked so many years and paid taxes cannot get help because of what one gets on SSA. I barely have enough to buy food that I need to eat being I am a diabetic etc. I make $1025.00 a month I pay rent, car pmt. (05) car insurance and all the other necessities to be able to survive. This amount seems to the government to be a lot of money, but with the economy being as it is this amount is barely enough for the necessities but when it comes to buying groceries for the whole month it is not enough, Many seniors pay to have someone take them here and there . there is no free help for us. I don't even qualify for med-cal so I have to pay all the 20% medicare does not pay because I cannot afford the high premiums the insurances charge. What are seniors suppose to do to live and be healthy ??? We are living like third world citizens, Yet the government gives non citizens so much help and is sending monies to other countries at the cost of seniors that worked and expected to get back enough to be able to live on, I for one get so depressed etc. I want to work and because of my age I cannot seem to be able to work, although at this time I am recovering from major surgeries I have had this year. There are times that my refrigerator is empty, but I know there are other seniors in the same boat and most of us cannot go out there and and beg to the agencies as we are not able to even go out of our homes. I get so frustrated. Thanks for reading this e-mail.
Deb Cell

Post by Deb Cell »

I have 2 kids. My husband, who was a senior over the age of 60, up and left us one day just recently. I don't have a job and I am unable to pay my rent and my utilities are included in with my rent except for our cable bill that has already been cut off. My rent is $750 a month. I have never needed to ask for help before and I honestly don't know where to begin. I have until the 13th of this month to pay my rent and I don't know what to do or how I am going to pay it. The people I rent from are very strict and won't take any excuses for being late or not having it. I don't know what to do and I am scared.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that your husband left. Your cable is not a necessity so you should let it go. As far as your rent and employment, there are housing programs and even part time jobs for seniors. Places such as Agency on
Aging offices, community action agencies, and other non-profits are focused on helping older people in this country and they focus on those over the age of 55. Also, at least you are requesting help in advance, which is great. Get information on our resources and programs that offer assistance for seniors by state.
Gronk1

Post by Gronk1 »

To Whom It May Concern;
I am a Senior citizen who is preparing to move to a senior apartment complex for 55+, and will be paying $564/month in a one bedroom income restricted apartment sometime in August. Besides my numerous medicine and doctor bills, I have credit card and life insurance payments, with a furniture payment of $250/month. I will also have apartment insurance. I have a credit check plan with Bank of America, called Bank Privacy Assist, and a Phone Bill for $50/month. I no longer drive as my psychotropic and hypertensive drugs make me drowsy. I am also 73 years old and my doctor says he believes it is time I quit, so I depend on others for rides. My income is $1502/month, and after all expenses are paid I barely have enough for food and electricity. I don't pay electricity/month yet as I live with my daughter and give her $345/month and take care of her three children until she is home from work without charging her. Please see what you can do to assist me. Thank You.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is housing and rent assistance focused on seniors, and it is known as Section 202. Basically a voucher will be provided that can be used to help pay your housing costs, rent, and maybe even energy bills. The person living in the unit will still need to contribute their income or pension towards the rent, but it can help offset your costs. It is really the housing choice voucher program for older adults. Find more on senior housing vouchers.
Halperin

Post by Halperin »

I’m in a crisis in need of rental assistance and electric bill paid. I have never used the public assistance until the last six months. I have been unemployed due to personal issues, and maybe because of me being elderly too.

I have made it this far because I had money saved to take care of my family and now I’m drained dry. Please if there any assistance to help me in this short term hardship I have been battling I would surely be thankful because every direction I’ve try the door has been closed in my face. My two kids living is very important to me. May God touch some bodies heart to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well there are really dedicated rent or utility programs for seniors in Georgia. You need to apply for all those other resources, for people of any age, and get into queue. But there are some options such as Agency on Aging centers, and they may offer guidance for you. Those can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aging.html