need help purchasing a car

State and local government assistance programs.
davisgwar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help purchasing a car

Post by davisgwar »

Are there any government programs to help purchase a car? My credit is very bad and I recently totaled my car. I went through J.D. Byrider but they are no longer able to help me. I have a decent job and need to get to work I'm divorced. I have two children. They currently reside with my ex wife. Nothing is through the courts. I can afford a car payment, but I do not have enough money for a down payment because I pay child support and have other bills. I no one to help me. I'm at wits end. Please someone help. I want to work. I want to have a decent life for me and my children. By the way. I was financing the car so the value of the car that the insurance company paid out went to the finance company and I still owe on the car.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help purchasing a car

Post by Admin »

Here are several options for you. Some national charities do offer free cars to low income and other qualified people. Places like 1800 charity cars or ways to work. Find more info on free cars as well as the details.
You can also look into refinancing a car loan. It is free to get quotes, and some people can get a lower interest rate and save a few bucks. Now if your credit is too low then that may make this option not feasible, but quotes are usually free, so no harm in trying.
Last option is to look into a non-profit credit counselor. They may be able to help you improve your credit, which then males getting cars loans cheaper and more likely to happen. More info is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html

davisgwar wrote:Are there any government programs to help purchase a car? My credit is very bad and I recently totaled my car. I went through J.D. Byrider but they are no longer able to help me. I have a decent job and need to get to work I'm divorced. I have two children. They currently reside with my ex wife. Nothing is through the courts. I can afford a car payment, but I do not have enough money for a down payment because I pay child support and have other bills. I no one to help me. I'm at wits end. Please someone help. I want to work. I want to have a decent life for me and my children. By the way. I was financing the car so the value of the car that the insurance company paid out went to the finance company and I still owe on the car.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I am a single mother of 2 girls under the age 5. I am currently behind on bills due to being out of work for 3 weeks. I have had an eviction filed against me but my landlord is aware of my situation and is willing to work with me provided I try to get assistance. My car was currently repossessed an I'm having to find rides to an from work which can be difficult at times. I have reached out to DSS an try state I am not qualified because I don't make enough money to maintain my bills so they will not help me. All I am looking for is it be able to get my car back an a little assistance to pay my rent so I may catch up my new rent was due the first of the month and come next month it will be due again. I would like help for what I am behind on so I may pay the current amount that will be due.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As long as you understand car programs are very, very rare, then there may be some options for you. National groups, such as Working Cars, will assist for people with a job. So you may not qualify since you are unemployed. But maybe they have other suggestions for you. But sounds like you need much more than a car if you are behind on all your other bills too. You may just need to keep looking for a ride from friends or family, and find help from Working Cars for Working Parents.
Apple

Post by Apple »

I recently ended a long term emotionally abusive relationship and my ex-boyfriend emptied out our joint bank account when he left. He left me with our lemon of a car which broke down and forced me to have to finance a replacement. Since I had $0 to my name for the purchase, I had to scrape together every dollar I could to find a new place to live at $950 a month at the same time. Now I'm falling behind on rent as well as car payment due to all of my bills piling up and need help!