Need Bus Fare or Car Repair Bill $260 - new job!

State and local government assistance programs.
HoustonJLB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Bus Fare or Car Repair Bill $260 - new job!

Post by HoustonJLB »

I haven't found work in two years almost. Part of big layoff. I lost my home, my husband left. Now I am living with a friend, third place since lost home in September. I have, at long last, found work. My car has been in the shop six months but is ready to go. But if I just could get the commuter fare (more expensive from the suburbs where I now stay) until I get the first paycheck in 2 to 4 weeks, I'd be grateful. Thanks. I really need some help with this because I want to work.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Bus Fare or Car Repair Bill $260 - new job!

Post by Admin »

As we say all the time, where do you live...what county/state. Most programs are local by nature. In the meantime, use this for ideas and some basic information on car repairs.
HoustonJLB wrote:I haven't found work in two years almost. Part of big layoff. I lost my home, my husband left. Now I am living with a friend, third place since lost home in September. I have, at long last, found work. My car has been in the shop six months but is ready to go. But if I just could get the commuter fare (more expensive from the suburbs where I now stay) until I get the first paycheck in 2 to 4 weeks, I'd be grateful. Thanks. I really need some help with this because I want to work.
HoustonJLB

Post by HoustonJLB »

admin wrote:As we say all the time, where do you live...what county/state. Most programs are local by nature. In the meantime, use this for ideas and some basic information on car repairs.
HoustonJLB wrote:I haven't found work in two years almost. Part of big layoff. I lost my home, my husband left. Now I am living with a friend, third place since lost home in September. I have, at long last, found work. My car has been in the shop six months but is ready to go. But if I just could get the commuter fare (more expensive from the suburbs where I now stay) until I get the first paycheck in 2 to 4 weeks, I'd be grateful. Thanks. I really need some help with this because I want to work.
Sorry. Was never on this board before today. I'm in Houston, Texas. The car needed a clutch cylinder. I thought $260 was a good price for the work. I never knew things could be this bad, however. It's ready to go. As for the bus; since I'm in Katy 25 miles from Houston which is a suburb it's $9 round trip. No one can take me to work that far. With decades of experience as radio announcer and producer I am glad to have found work in a department store. I was just another of hundreds that fell victim to Clear Channel Radio. Many lives, careers, and families lie in ruin. And my husband left me as he'd also been working there. That being said, it's a good job that will allow me to have my own apartment and a life once more. Please help if you can; or were you just giving me a hard time for not knowing how to use this board?
HoustonJLB

Post by HoustonJLB »

HoustonJLB wrote:
admin wrote:As we say all the time, where do you live...what county/state. Most programs are local by nature. In the meantime, use this for ideas and some basic information on car repairs.
Sorry. Was never on this board before today. I'm in Houston, Texas. The car needed a clutch cylinder. I thought $260 was a good price for the work. I never knew things could be this bad, however. It's ready to go. As for the bus; since I'm in Katy 25 miles from Houston which is a suburb it's $9 round trip. No one can take me to work that far. With decades of experience as radio announcer and producer I am glad to have found work in a department store. I was just another of hundreds that fell victim to Clear Channel Radio. Many lives, careers, and families lie in ruin. And my husband left me as he'd also been working there. That being said, it's a good job that will allow me to have my own apartment and a life once more. Please help if you can; or were you just giving me a hard time for not knowing how to use this board?
HoustonJLB wrote:
HoustonJLB

Post by HoustonJLB »

Programs? I've tried all. No one funds transportation. There are no programs for one who wants to WORK. And, don't even get me started on that. I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't explored all options.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry my friend. That is all we do is provide agencies, phone numbers, information on programs, etc. We do not provide loans, grants, funding. Find agencies for Houston and Harris County Texas. Maybe you did not call all these, or maybe there are some you were not aware of. And yes, sadly many do have limited funding as the demands of non-profits is high, and many do not fund transportation. But just need to keep trying different options. Best of luck.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/har ... progr.html
HoustonJLB wrote:Programs? I've tried all. No one funds transportation. There are no programs for one who wants to WORK. And, don't even get me started on that. I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't explored all options.
HoustonJLB

Post by HoustonJLB »

Thank you. This link will help because all the resources are listed. Ive been asking friends and searching online myself so I missed some of these. Appreciate the work you are doing.
Devonthomas

Post by Devonthomas »

Hello,
Can you please direct me or assist me with more info as to finding assistance with car repairs. I was in an automobile accident on Christmas Eve. The gentleman that hit my car, I filed a claim with his insurance company and they denied my claim. I thus sought help with my insurance company and I did not have the right coverage. I have sought legal help but no one I contacted are willing to take the case because it is a property damage claim. So I am without transportation. I am a single mother of a 10 year old and I need my car for work, and other important errands such as doctor visits, school functions and meetings for my son and so on. I have no choice but to take the gentleman who hit me to small claims court. In the mean time I am without transportation.Your help will be greatly appreciated in this matter. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Car repairs are not common for assistance. Try your local church, Salvation Army, or similar non-profit charity groups. However if you do need the car for work, then sometimes you can get priority for any services that may be offered. Locate the programs for Miami assistance agencies, and maybe car repairs, here at http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dad ... ogram.html.

Devonthomas wrote:Hello,
Can you please direct me or assist me with more info as to finding assistance with car repairs. I was in an automobile accident on Christmas Eve. The gentleman that hit my car, I filed a claim with his insurance company and they denied my claim. I thus sought help with my insurance company and I did not have the right coverage. I have sought legal help but no one I contacted are willing to take the case because it is a property damage claim. So I am without transportation. I am a single mother of a 10 year old and I need my car for work, and other important errands such as doctor visits, school functions and meetings for my son and so on. I have no choice but to take the gentleman who hit me to small claims court. In the mean time I am without transportation.Your help will be greatly appreciated in this matter. Thank you