need help so i file for disability

State and local government assistance programs.
WMaltby
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help so i file for disability

Post by WMaltby »

i had a disaster with a staph infection in Feb 2009. It put me in ICU at University Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio unconsious for 2 weeks. I remember nothing. The next 4 months I had a pick-line in my right arm to my heart for an in-home IV twice a day. After 17 months i tried to return to work, but even with all kinds of pain pill was not able to work full weeks. I got laid off Jan of 2011 and called back to work July 7 2011. I have been trying with every ounce of energy to hang in there but i cannot do it anymore. I am on Family Emeregency Leave Act as we speak. I'm giving it all I have but have only been able to work one 40 hour week since returning. I have had 5 Spinal Blocks so far this year. The last one was 3 week ago on Nov 2, 2011. The affects only lasted 10 days.. NOW here's the big problem, my Doctor wants me to go on disability. But since I have been off so much [ only worked about 8 months since Feb 2009] it has completely wiped out everything i had ever worked for. I'm a 55 year old caucasian male who works in a factory. If I leave work to file for disability, because of not being able to work very much the last 33 months, I have absolutely nothing to fall back on. No way to pay any of my bills or Rent, which means then I'll be homeless. Does ANYBODY know of some way to help me??? It's 5:30 am right now, I'm suppose to be at work but the pain is unbearable. The staph ate part of my spine, pelvis and right hip through the bones down to the nerves. 4 types of pain medication and it still killing me. Please does anyone know of a program to help me until Social Security Disability would get approved. I have sold all my stuff to keep up with my bills, including one of my 2 cars to pay last months rent [and thats only $600/ month]... ANYONE PLEASE HELP or offer some advice. Thank you & if you have an idea you can e-mail me faster at maltby4@yahoo.com... Help Please Bill Maltby
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help so i file for disability

Post by Admin »

We really need to know your town/city in order to provide you information. Is it Cleveland Ohio? Or was just the hospital. Try this link for government assistance. Go midway down the page and pick your state.
Also use the navigation bars on the left side for many programs. In particular you may find the information we have on medical bills most valuable. Info is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
WMaltby wrote:i had a disaster with a staph infection in Feb 2009. It put me in ICU at University Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio unconsious for 2 weeks. I remember nothing. The next 4 months I had a pick-line in my right arm to my heart for an in-home IV twice a day. After 17 months i tried to return to work, but even with all kinds of pain pill was not able to work full weeks. I got laid off Jan of 2011 and called back to work July 7 2011. I have been trying with every ounce of energy to hang in there but i cannot do it anymore. I am on Family Emeregency Leave Act as we speak. I'm giving it all I have but have only been able to work one 40 hour week since returning. I have had 5 Spinal Blocks so far this year. The last one was 3 week ago on Nov 2, 2011. The affects only lasted 10 days.. NOW here's the big problem, my Doctor wants me to go on disability. But since I have been off so much [ only worked about 8 months since Feb 2009] it has completely wiped out everything i had ever worked for. I'm a 55 year old caucasian male who works in a factory. If I leave work to file for disability, because of not being able to work very much the last 33 months, I have absolutely nothing to fall back on. No way to pay any of my bills or Rent, which means then I'll be homeless. Does ANYBODY know of some way to help me??? It's 5:30 am right now, I'm suppose to be at work but the pain is unbearable. The staph ate part of my spine, pelvis and right hip through the bones down to the nerves. 4 types of pain medication and it still killing me. Please does anyone know of a program to help me until Social Security Disability would get approved. I have sold all my stuff to keep up with my bills, including one of my 2 cars to pay last months rent [and thats only $600/ month]... ANYONE PLEASE HELP or offer some advice. Thank you & if you have an idea you can e-mail me faster at maltby4@yahoo.com... Help Please Bill Maltby
Herf Tim

Post by Herf Tim »

I live in travel trailer that a friend of 25 yrs let me put on her property after me and my ex split. There was no utilities on the land for me and I need $100 for electric deposit (got help with the pole and all) and I need $850.00 for the water tap and then help getting the water lines ran from the meter after it is installed to my trailer and also the sewer ran. Please help i've been here since January with no water and lanterns. I am disabled and also need a vehicle to make doctors appointments that are couple hundred miles from home and also live 17 miles from town and need vehicle. My ex took mine when we split. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It looks like you registered from Utah. If so, here is an extensive amount of information on a number of Utah assistance programs. Is there anyway to use a neighbors water until yours gets hooked up? Honestly there are no too many programs for what you are asking for, if any. Getting the water should have just come when you bought the trailer. Maybe look into weatherization assistance or a low interest loan for home repairs from your local community action agency. Some of those groups to offer that assistance.
Herf Tim wrote:I live in travel trailer that a friend of 25 yrs let me put on her property after me and my ex split. There was no utilities on the land for me and I need $100 for electric deposit (got help with the pole and all) and I need $850.00 for the water tap and then help getting the water lines ran from the meter after it is installed to my trailer and also the sewer ran. Please help i've been here since January with no water and lanterns. I am disabled and also need a vehicle to make doctors appointments that are couple hundred miles from home and also live 17 miles from town and need vehicle. My ex took mine when we split. Thank you.
KeithUrban

Post by KeithUrban »

Short term help us needed. We do not have any children who live with us, although we are both disabled. In the end of February I did not get my benefits. I pay for rent, utilities and hopefully some food. My husband has Primary chronic Progressive that is progressing very quickly, we are looking for $431.00 for February rent so we don't fall behind. Here in March I was able to pay for all my responsibilities. I think I have already done this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So why did you not get your monthly disability benefit check? You need to address that issue with social security before any aid would ever be given to you. As your future responsibilities are critical and need to be continued to be paid. There are numbers government benefits for the disabled to apply to, and they even help households that do not have children. Which you would fall into.