Severance money has run out

State and local government assistance programs.
Jan291
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Severance money has run out

Post by Jan291 »

I lost my job of 15 years a month ago, i got 3 weeks of severance pay and now am waiting for unemployment and I don't know if i will get it or not and my rent is due the 1st of every month along with utility bills, etc and I have a 4 year old daughter and until i can find employment i just dont know where to look for help....I'm a single mom with a child. I was laid off from the school district in texas this past school year and I was also just burglarized on the 4th of October. I was taken for everything and had to spend my last on replacing my doors that were damaged. Can not afford to replace any items that was stolen at this time and i'm leasing to own so everything is on me. The owner did help replace the doors (thank God). So please help me!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Severance money has run out

Post by Admin »

Why would you not get unemployment? If laid off you are entitled to it. If they decline it then look into free legal advice, which you can also find phone numbers for on our site.
As far as those other immediate needs, find information on assistance programs in Texas here. More local programs and agencies are midway down the page. You can find info n food pantries, rent assistance, medical care, debt counseling, legal aid, and more. Most of it is free. Programs to help pay utility bill in Texas are noted here too. Almost every utility company in Texas offers some form of help.
Jan291 wrote:I lost my job of 15 years a month ago, i got 3 weeks of severance pay and now am waiting for unemployment and I don't know if i will get it or not and my rent is due the 1st of every month along with utility bills, etc and I have a 4 year old daughter and until i can find employment i just dont know where to look for help....I'm a single mom with a child. I was laid off from the school district in texas this past school year and I was also just burglarized on the 4th of October. I was taken for everything and had to spend my last on replacing my doors that were damaged. Can not afford to replace any items that was stolen at this time and i'm leasing to own so everything is on me. The owner did help replace the doors (thank God). So please help me!
Macaranoi

Post by Macaranoi »

Hello, I am 21 years old I was wondering what assistance you could possibly help with? I have been trying and praying while doing it on my own for quite sometimes but things always get in the way. Now more difficult with job loss and compensation has run out. If you can help in anyway that would be great. You can give me a call. I can share my story with you.
AsianGirl

Post by AsianGirl »

Propane, utility and gas assistance. My children and I are staying in a camper, connected to my sisters house. We live on severance from an old job only. I also need electricity and water. I have 5 children, my sister has 4 children, and has very low income. We have many doctors,
appointments, and my sisters transmission just went out in her car so now we have no vehicle. We desperately need
financial assistance, or assistance for Christmas gifts for my children, 9, 7, 3,2 and 3 months.
We need Diapers, gas x, propane for the camper, Tylenol and much more. I have a pending personal injury lawsuit, but will be around a year before we even do deposition. I Just received food stamps this month, also WIC, as well as one last severance payment. I need seizure medicine is 89.00, total
prescription expenses for ongoing medical issues are over 400$/month and I have no form of income. My children and I
are in desperate need right now, and probably through May; I am reaching out to any possible resource. Thank You.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Good afternoon,
I found your number as a possible resource to assist me with household bills for a short while. I was laid off on October 15, 2015 and have not been able to find employment and the severance has ended.
I have used every cent I have and have borrowed more than once from friends and family. If this is the wrong resource please let me know.
My expenses are shared (below is my share)
Rent $250
Electricity $70
Natural gas $45
Phone $80
  Am in constant search of work and pray that it will come soon. My car is on the verge of being repossessed unless I pay $310 by Friday, June 9, 2019. I live in Albany, TX and although I have tried, there is no employment opportunities for me here. My search has been in Abilene; if the take my car, I have no way to get to a job. I have worked my entire life, raised 2 children alone, one is in college and never thought I would have to look for welfare funds as never thought severance from a job would stop. I'm out of options. Please let me know if there is anything you can help with or if you can refer me.
Don Wayne

Post by Don Wayne »

I resigned my lease at the end of November and my job let go a good portion of my department and me, on the 2nd of December, due to Covid and losing a huge account. I got severance and all that stuff, but was out of a job the whole month of December. I was making $18.50 and now only $11 as an overqualified crew member at a fast food spot. Now my Severance money funds are used up. On top of that, even though the mother of my children knows the nature of my situation, she is STILL receiving child support. We have agreed for me to not pay it, however the documents haven't been received by the courts to finalize that decision. I'm falling behind since I have no money left from Severance. FAST. Please help with my rent. It is $1145. At least ONE month so I can catch up on other necessary bills. Or help with my electric bill would be helpful as well. I added a few pics of what my electric bill looks like and the cost, so that you can have an idea... Thank you. God Bless