Not getting unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Marvin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Not getting unemployment

Post by Marvin »

I am unemployed and not receiving unemployment compensation. I live in Sebring, Florida and have been actively seeking employment since September 2011. I am in dire need of dental and medical attention and also funds to help pay monthly bills. Is there any type of assistance available to me? I am able to work and more than willing. I am a Dental hygentist who needs to return to college to obtain my CNA. Are there any type of programs that can help me go back to school so I can find employment as a CNA? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have never had to ask for help before in my life.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Not getting unemployment

Post by Admin »

Many people are asking for help for first time. And are unemployed too. So do not feel bad. Many people need medical attention too, and are struggling with paying medical and dental bills. Find our information on Florida clinics and dental programs too. Many also offer social services that can assist individuals with paying other, non-medical bills, debts, and items like rent too.
Marvin wrote:I am unemployed and not receiving unemployment compensation. I live in Sebring, Florida and have been actively seeking employment since September 2011. I am in dire need of dental and medical attention and also funds to help pay monthly bills. Is there any type of assistance available to me? I am able to work and more than willing. I am a Dental hygienist who needs to return to college to obtain my CNA. Are there any type of programs that can help me go back to school so I can find employment as a CNA? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have never had to ask for help before in my life.
99doggies

Post by 99doggies »

My husband was laid off in October was collecting unemployment. There was a miscommunication between the employer and unemployment. They suspended it because the employer was stating he quite. We filed an appeal on 12/20/11 and just went to court 2/6/2012. Employer set them straight and state he was indeed laid off. Received the decisions of the unemployment office they denied him again stating we filed too late. we now have been without income for 3 months. My husband has started working but will not receive a paycheck for close to a month do to they pay bi-weekly and he started in the middle of a work week. I am sick with fibromyalgia and at this time cannot work. Please help us we are on a month to month lease and are in fear of being evicted because we have not paid January's rent yet. our Rent is a 1000 dollars a month
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are expecting income in a couple weeks, both from new job and from back unemployment, then just tell that to landlord. We would be shocked if they didn't work with you and give you more time. Maybe even tell them you will pay a late fee as well, so they have incentive to wait and work with you. Also, find more assistance programs http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html at our site for rent, food, and general help with bills and debts. And that is great that are now working again.
99doggies wrote:My husband was laid off in October was collecting unemployment. There was a miscommunication between the employer and unemployment. They suspended it because the employer was stating he quite. We filed an appeal on 12/20/11 and just went to court 2/6/2012. Employer set them straight and state he was indeed laid off. Received the decisions of the unemployment office they denied him again stating we filed too late. we now have been without income for 3 months. My husband has started working but will not receive a paycheck for close to a month do to they pay bi-weekly and he started in the middle of a work week. I am sick with fibromyalgia and at this time cannot work. Please help us we are on a month to month lease and are in fear of being evicted because we have not paid January's rent yet. our Rent is a 1000 dollars a month
hottie

Post by hottie »

As a former resident of Oregon--'97-2008--I had begun with employment which lead to self-employment successfully during those years. Effective 10 April 2012, I relocated back to Bend-area of Oregon after being a stay-at-home parent & elderly caregiver for several years. Since returning, I have been unable to secure any employment; consequently, I have exhausted all of my funds to the extent that I am living in a 75./week room rental and this is my last week ending on Monday hence. I do not have any funds to secure permanent lodging; although, I have found adequate and very inexpensive housing. I do not have funds to purchase more cellular telephone time or even buy food. Obviously, I do not have any funds to re-establish my former business of which I'm educated and certified to perform. And, I do not own transportation to really make anything work at all. So, yes, I need help to get started here once again and be a contributing member to this society like I was in the past. I do have a fair amount of debt, and my immediate three year goal is repaying that debt. But, first, I need help securing a platform from which to work and build a viable, sustainable business. As I say, I had intended to secure employment based on my broad experience and skill-sets and slowly rebuild in that manner; however, I have been unable to attract the attention and participation of prospective employers despite my qualifications. Indeed, I do not have the funds available to secure various 'restaurant' permits and such although I've held them in the past. That might be somewhat of an hindrance now, but I think the biggest hurdle is my previous tenure of self-employment, broad experience/education, and my age of fifty. Although I exercise daily and take care of myself, I think the prospective.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You first need to find housing, reduce your debts, and get your overall financial and living condition intact before you should even start to think about starting a business. Look into some work or employment centers in your area, as Bend County Oregon should have some case managers and government aide to help you find a job, review your resume, and overall help with those types of issues. And need to be persistent, which sounds like you are. And as far as programs and agencies for Bend Oregon, find them here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/des ... ce_pr.html
hottie wrote:As a former resident of Oregon--'97-2008--I had begun with employment which lead to self-employment successfully during those years. Effective 10 April 2012, I relocated back to Bend-area of Oregon after being a stay-at-home parent & elderly caregiver for several years. Since returning, I have been unable to secure any employment; consequently, I have exhausted all of my funds to the extent that I am living in a 75./week room rental and this is my last week ending on Monday hence. I do not have any funds to secure permanent lodging; although, I have found adequate and very inexpensive housing. I do not have funds to purchase more cellular telephone time or even buy food. Obviously, I do not have any funds to re-establish my former business of which I'm educated and certified to perform. And, I do not own transportation to really make anything work at all. So, yes, I need help to get started here once again and be a contributing member to this society like I was in the past. I do have a fair amount of debt, and my immediate three year goal is repaying that debt. But, first, I need help securing a platform from which to work and build a viable, sustainable business. As I say, I had intended to secure employment based on my broad experience and skill-sets and slowly rebuild in that manner; however, I have been unable to attract the attention and participation of prospective employers despite my qualifications. Indeed, I do not have the funds available to secure various 'restaurant' permits and such although I've held them in the past. That might be somewhat of an hindrance now, but I think the biggest hurdle is my previous tenure of self-employment, broad experience/education, and my age of fifty. Although I exercise daily and take care of myself, I think the prospective.
Pinetta

Post by Pinetta »

I need help with paying my rent in Nashville. As of right now I owe 1680.00 (heavenly father bless me), and may possibly be facing eviction with no place to go and my unemployment just ended. The timing has been all off with pay and rent and other utilities that I got into a hole. I’m not asking for anyone to pay the whole amount, but if at least $1000.00 can be applied to my bill that would help me out a lot. Thanking you in advance and may you be blessed.
Asbutterfly

Post by Asbutterfly »

I just got laid of from work on October 29, 2013. I have been battling with pain in my lower back and left leg and can't walk or put pressure on left leg witch caused me to lose my job. I fear because I'm a parent of 5 kids and they depend on me to take care of them, and keep a roof over our head. I'm scared I just applied for unemployment but it won't be enough for rent and utilities. Please help me. I live in Texas and rent a home here this is the first time. I have ever asked for help and I really am desperate. Please. :-)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure if an employer can fire you for something like that. I guess it depends on your job description. Did you look into disability with your employer or talk to an attorney? Either way, they shouldn't be able to contest unemployment either. Regardless we have information on rent and utility assistance in Collin County Texas, and those resources are on the main site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Today

Post by Today »

Hi I am writing this because I am a 35 year old male who is an ex felon. I am now in a work release program in Waterbury CT. I am from Hartford CT however I chose to go to Waterbury to start a new life, I was under the assumption that there was help readily available for people like me who want to do the right thing.
I am on my own as my mother and father are deceased. I just started working however I don't have enough money to move into my own place and pay the necessary money to get utilities and furniture as my unemployment did not pay me enough before.
There was a program called ATR for people in my situation but it is no longer available. Every time I speak to other government funded program people they say I don't qualify because I don't have insurance and I'm in a work release program however my time to leave is approaching as I am already past my parole date. I am very close to homelessness and I'm just looking for help. Please assist me or point me in the right direction. I have no one else to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, that is some assumption to make. Any type of aid is limited, comes with restrictions, and is targeted. If it wasn't, every single person would want something for free. That being said, there are some resources to try for assistance in Hartford Connecticut. Some focus on people in work release roles, others are more limited to who they help as well. So cann around and keep trying to find an agency for your needs.
Today wrote:Hi I am writing this because I am a 35 year old male who is an ex felon. I am now in a work release program in Waterbury CT. I am from Hartford CT however I chose to go to Waterbury to start a new life, I was under the assumption that there was help readily available for people like me who want to do the right thing.
SARALUVV

Post by SARALUVV »

I have tried & tried to get up with someone to help me & my husband with our light bill. My husband is on disability and I’m not working and not receiving unemployment because it’s still pending because I was self-employed, so the only money we have coming in is my husband’s disability check which is $1170.00 and our rent is $500 and my washing machine just stopped working 2 days ago. I have a copy of the LIEAP application but I don’t have a printer and I’m unable to fill it out. I can send you a copy of my husband’s disability. We are on flex pay from Sanford and my sister in law just added $60 to our account and we had to pay her back....Please, Please, please help us as I am not getting unemployment. I don’t know what to do!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your husband is on disability, and unemployment is still pending (but will happen), then look for short term help, even including loans.
But if your husbands check is 1170, then look here for information.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ility.html
SARALUVV wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:56 am I have tried & tried to get up with someone to help me & my husband with our light bill. My husband is on disability and I’m not working and not receiving unemployment because it’s still pending because I was self-employed, so the only money we have coming in is my husband’s disability check which is $1170.00 and our rent is $500 and my washing machine just stopped working 2 days ago.
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

Good Afternoon,
I am seriously scared I am going to lose my apartment. I can't get a hold of NJ Unemployment and am not getting unemployment right now. I tried everything. I have already emailed my other congressman, the US congress, NJ tribunal and the governor. I am in dire need of my unemployment money. I have not been getting any of my unemployment checks since the beginning of February. I am extremely behind in all of my bills. I desperately need my unemployment from February till now so I can pay my bills. My landlord has been verbally harassing me to the point that I can't sleep because I am so ashamed that I am unable to afford rent. On numerous occasions I was threatened that she would illegally kick me out if necessary. I have worked my entire adult life and this is my first time ever on unemployment. I have worked in New Jersey from 2007 to 2020. I have not been getting any of my unemployment checks since February. I am extremely behind in all of my bills. I desperately need my unemployment from February till now so I can pay my bills. My entire adult life I worked an average of 80 hours. Sometimes even more. I really need to get my unemployment money sooner than later, I need to pay my bills. My credit score dropped almost 100 points since February. I have been calling as much as humanly possible to all of the NJ unemployment lines, I have been emailing every email address I can get a hold of. I have honestly doing everything in my power to get my unemployment check. I really need to get it as soon as humanly possible. Thank you for your time, I am very ashamed to beg for help but I am terrified of being homeless because my landlord has been daily harassing me because I owe rent. I am scared of losing my home as I have not unemployment I am getting. I am terrified of being homeless.
Please help me or help me find someone who can help me.
Thank you for your time.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Hi, I was directed by the unemployment agency to reach out to you guys for assistance as I am not yet getting unemployment. I have been unemployed since November & have not received any unemployment. The representative states my file has not been assigned to anyone yet. This ridiculous!!!
I’m constantly calling and they keep telling me they’re behind in claims due to the pandemic. I need assistance with my mortgage.
My name is Deondra