Unemployed with health problems

State and local government assistance programs.
Zuck1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployed with health problems

Post by Zuck1 »

I am unemployed waiting to hear back from social security because i have a lot of health problems. I need money to pay my house payments, groceries, gas, electric, water, clothes for my kids, money for Christmas gifts and holiday dinners. Also my house needs a lot of work done to it, the roof leaks which has messed ceilings and walls need new kitchen and bathroom floor. The basement leaks. I need to make the house better for my kids and my disabled father that lives with me please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed with health problems

Post by Admin »

If you needs are that great, then use the main site. Find Food pantries, help for utility bills, medical and health clinics, and more. As far as the ceiling and walls, maybe try weatherization programs.
Zuck1 wrote:I am unemployed waiting to hear back from social security because i have a lot of health problems. I need money to pay my house payments, groceries, gas, electric, water, clothes for my kids, money for Christmas gifts and holiday dinners. Also my house needs a lot of work done to it, the roof leaks which has messed ceilings and walls need new kitchen and bathroom floor. The basement leaks. I need to make the house better for my kids and my disabled father that lives with me please help me.
MrsWright

Post by MrsWright »

I lost my job in November and have been unemployed ever since, I filed for unemployment but they have been just sitting on it for almost 2 months now and haven't heard a thing but its still an open claim because I'm allowed to file my bi-weekly claims every week. So without saying I have reached an all time low, I have a 2 year old daughter as well who needs medications and shots. Her father works but we are not together and since we can be big kids and get along there is no child support arrangement and has pretty much been paying my rent and bills on top of his rent and bills, hes a good man if it wasn't for him I'd be homeless, but by helping me out so much he is financially hurting as well now too. I need to either have my broke down car fixed or need a new one so I can get out there and start working again and so I can go to the grocery store and laundry mat. Everything is so bad right now. I really need to have transportation right now so I can do.the things I need to do and get back on my own 2 feet! Someone, anyone, please help me!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We always say that getting a car or repairs is difficult. We say go walk or get a ride to the unemployment office and talk to someone face to face. It is much harder for someone to ignore another person or give them the run around when they are right in front of them. So try that tactic. And also try other agencies and charities in Hudson County will you take that advice. who knows, maybe will have some luck on the car.
MrsWright wrote:I lost my job in November and have been unemployed ever since, I filed for unemployment but they have been just sitting on it for almost 2 months now and haven't heard a thing but its still an open claim because I'm allowed to file my bi-weekly claims every week. So without saying I have reached an all time low, I have a 2 year old daughter as well who needs medications and shots. Her father works but we are not together and since we can be big kids and get along there is no child support arrangement and has pretty much been paying my rent and bills on top of his rent and bills, hes a good man if it wasn't for him I'd be homeless, but by helping me out so much he is financially hurting as well now too. I need to either have my broke down car fixed or need a new one so I can get out there and start working again and so I can go to the grocery store and laundry mat. Everything is so bad right now. I really need to have transportation right now so I can do.the things I need to do and get back on my own 2 feet! Someone, anyone, please help me!!
johnson

Post by johnson »

Hello,
I currently collect SSI and I don't want to collect it for the rest of my life. I am having quite a few health issues and have had them for many years not. I live with my girlfriend in her mothers basement right now in Newark New Jersey and have been for a year and a half. I have a lot of doctors appointments so I can work on getting back to a place where I don't have to rely on government assistance. My 2 biggest problems are where we live is bringing us both down and making it hard to recover from all the health issues I am going through and the other is having enough money to pay for all the gas to keep going to all the appointments I have to go to. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for her and I to find low income housing that is not in a dangerous neighborhood. And maybe find an organization that could possibly help with some gas money. My girlfriend got divorced from a very evil man that pretty much took everything from her and left her credit in really bad shape. She does work but together we barely scrape by. I don't drive and am unemployed as a result so she has to take time off of work to take me to my doctor appointments. We go through about $140 dollars a week in gas just to get her to work and me to my doctor appointments. I live with constant pain and have trouble focusing and concentrating so this is one of the biggest reasons I am sending this email. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. We are both unselfish people but we just need a little help finding the right direction.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. Gasoline money in Newark New Jersey is rare. There are many options for low income housing in Essex County and the greater Newark area. You just need to call around to non-profits. Also try the local housing authority agency and ask for information or referrals.
The state also offers medical care for the low income and uninsured, so maybe they can help with those health care problems you are referring too. More information on resources is available. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html
Chanelle

Post by Chanelle »

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to see who I need to speak to for some HELP!! I WORKED FOR 13 YEARS very hard at a company who
does not appreciate anyone. I was let go and was receiving Unemployment Benefits. which helped a lot, but then
when the benefits ceased I got behind on my rent and other utilities. PLEASE HELP or else I will be Evicted.
Please guide me to any programs that are willing to assist me and paying my Rent/utilities. I am thankful just last
week I found a temporary Job which will help, but with me being behind I have to play Catch-up. Please find me
some help. I am willing to use any money I make to pay my Rent or Utilities.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a source of income from the temporary job, then many landlords will allow you time to catch up or a payment plan. Try contacting Triangle Family Services as the team there may help you mediate a solution as well. They also offer job counseling in an effort to help someone find a new, higher paying job. Read more Triangle Family Services.
engine

Post by engine »

I’m currently unemployed, am sick seeking employment. I am also seeking ANY assistance with my electricity and lot rent payments. I'm behind on my lot rent and landlord is threatening to seek eviction. I'm a use veteran in dire need of some kind of assistance.
My mother died of lung cancer on February 14, 2012. She left the only thing she ever owned which is my current Residence from which I reside today. I own the mobile home but must pay lot rent. I’m currently behind on these payments to a sum of $2050.
I've called and requested help and resources from everywhere I can, only to be turned down due to lack of funds or don't qualify. I also have major health issues. Please I don't know where else to turn too. I can’t lose the only thing that meant anything to my mother. Her home, my home the only place I got to live. Please help me.