I can't afford to get my furnace fixed

State and local government assistance programs.
ckling
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I can't afford to get my furnace fixed

Post by ckling »

I live in Southwestern Pennsylvania and my furnace is not working properly. I have a job, but am still considered low-income. Are there programs out there that will help me get my furnace repaired?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I can't afford to get my furnace fixed

Post by Admin »

Depends. What county in PA. What utility company.
In the meantime, use this link for local state of PM programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pen ... rogra.html Find your county midway down the page.
Now, may energy companies in Pennsylvania offer energy assistance, weatherization, and other aid. Maybe they can help repair the furnace. Look into weatherization, or find the Pennsylvania utility assistance programs.

ckling wrote:I live in Southwestern Pennsylvania and my furnace is not working properly. I have a job, but am still considered low-income. Are there programs out there that will help me get my furnace repaired?
ckling

Post by ckling »

Thank you, I'll check into those asap. By the way, I'm in Westmoreland County.
JohnsonC

Post by JohnsonC »

I am in need of help badly. I have been off work since November and have been struggling with bills/food. This month has been very hard for me. Its the end of the month and I haven’t been to the grocery, my house payment and LGE hasn’t been paid. Now my furnace just broke down too.
I have 2 kids and we have been struggling to find something to eat. I need help badly. I have no one else to turn to. If only I could get help with a little bit, it would be greatly appreciated. My house payment is $800 and I only have $200. I would love to be able to go to Kroger to provide a good meal for my kids.
Thanks in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most of what you are asking for, such as food or some type of furnace help, can be met by a community action agency in South Dakota. These non-profits administer dozens of services for the working poor. The staff from community action may have you apply for LIHEAP or similar programs, but it is worth a try to call them. Here is their information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tion_.html