Help!

State and local government assistance programs.
kk12221
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help!

Post by kk12221 »

I have recently find out I am pregnant. I am currently living in Pennsylvania and my boyfriend is living in Florida. Right now I have a full time job and health care in Pennsylvania but I am looking to move to Florida. My boyfriend is working on getting custody of a daughter from another relationship and is only working part time right now. He is making around $440.00 a month. Would we receive any assistance? Can I apply for assistance before moving down to Florida or do I need to wait?? Please help, I need answers because I don't know what to do!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help!

Post by Admin »

What exactly are you looking for? Medical help, utilities, rent, moving expenses? Your request didn't specify. In the meantime, find a listing of dozens on Pennsylvania assistance programs here. Includes utilities, medical, food, and more. Also find your county for local programs by scrolling down the page. Here are the Pennsylvania assistance programs.

kk12221 wrote:I have recently find out I am pregnant. I am currently living in Pennsylvania and my boyfriend is living in Florida. Right now I have a full time job and health care in Pennsylvania but I am looking to move to Florida. My boyfriend is working on getting custody of a daughter from another relationship and is only working part time right now. He is making around $440.00 a month. Would we receive any assistance? Can I apply for assistance before moving down to Florida or do I need to wait?? Please help, I need answers because I don't know what to do!
C Boyd

Post by C Boyd »

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a currently reside of Prince George's County Maryland. I have been trying to get sometime to get assistance in the county which I have been a residence for 15 years to no avail. Every avenue of assistance they say they offered to Low income households I have been denied. I am currently on unemployment just until my SSDI starts March the 3rd.
I was facing homelessness but thankfully my management company has agreed to allow me to down size to a smaller more affordable unit. To begin March 1, 2014. And the dilemma is I have exhausted all my unemployment to pay my March Rent and in Need of a one time payment for my First months rent in the sum of $900 and $200 to have my utilities transferred over to my new home. I have been a tenant here on my property for the past three years and have always maintained my rent and utilities, before I got sick. I suffer from severe depression, I see a Psychiatrist and Therapist weekly. I have tried DSS, UCAP, Christian Ministries, Even Prince Georges Department of Housing. Can someone please contact me to let me know if you can assist me or give me information an agency that would be able to help me.
chass

Post by chass »

Hello I am sorry for leaving this message for it will probably leave you sad and sick. My parents has taken great care of me and my 7 year old child that I lost recently because I have no job, house or income. Although I managed great care for my child for 8 years straight with out his mother's assistance what so ever. In fact, the day my ex came to get him with the judges orders he asked me why daddy don't even ever remember her as a baby. The baby said all I ever remember is you, why do I have to leave you.

That was the saddest moment a real father could ever imagine. I been extremely bipolar my whole life. I quit school in 8th grade to become a drug addict. I was one my whole life until I got my child. Three months after that I became almost completely clean with very few slips and I have been told by many people what a wonderful child I raised and that he was one of the best most well adjusted kid in world. Which he certainly is!

But God did that not me, I just taught him all about God and showed him absolute love. Life was really great for the first time in my whole life until September in 2012 where I became permanently disabled but my parents and God still made it.

I applied for my disability for 5 years and finally gave up I was continually turned down over and over because of my past drug problems after not having any income for 5 years. I eventually lost everything including the most precious of all little, my baby angel. Everything that could make you want to live life is gone.

I have nothing, I need glasses, medical care, housing and any type of job or income but there is almost nothing that my back can stand so the reason I said it would make you sad is because anyone who reads this will be sad. But what will make you sick is that I have tried everything imaginable and got nothing and suicide use to just cross my mind. Maybe a fantasy before, now it's just matter of time when I think my son will forgive me and be OK.

I'M going home where it will all be OK. That's the only plan that can work now so probably by the time someone who cares reads this or if they care it will be over. Thank you for reading if you get this after I'M gone and you was going to help, then please look out for my son. Do something for him that daddy couldn't do. Anything you would ever help him with would warm my heart eternally, I am truly sorry anyone has to think about this story.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately all funds are limited, and there are strict application processes, so many people do get denied. Of course no charity, even the government DSS, has unlimited resources. Otherwise everyone would be lined up for public aid. But there are many places to try in Prince George's, in addition to that you have below, andfind more details.
Offtherack

Post by Offtherack »

I WILL BE 18 YEARS OLD NEXT MONTH AND MY PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND AND I ARE FACING BEING ON THE STREETS. I CURRENTLY WORK AND MAKE AROUND 550.00 EVERY TWO WEEKS. MY GIRLFRIEND IS 10 WEEKS PREGNANT AND SHE ATTENDS A BEAUTY COLLAGE AND THEY WILL GET HER A JOB BUT IT TAKES 6 MONTHS AND UNTIL THEN I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH A INCOME WE HAVE UNTILL THE END OF OCTOBER 2015.
WE NEED TO FIND US A NEW PLACE TO LIVE. I HAVE NEVER RENTED BEFORE AND I HAVE NO CREDIT DUE TO JUST ABOUT TO TURN 18 YEARS OLD. I REALLY NEED HELP FINDING A AFFORDABLE PLACE FOR US TO LIVE AND NEED HELP POSSIBLY WITH MOVE IN COST AND UTILITIES TO BE TURNED ON AND STUFF. PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP OR POINT ME IN A GOOD DIRECTION I WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATIVE. THANK YOU.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

Help. I'm in need of financial help to put my bills back on track and clear up my situation. I have custody of my five grandsons under the age of 10 and I need help to set us up to be OK. My daughter and her boyfriend got a jail sentence of life so I have the boys and my 16 year old son and I can't get caught up and I can't raise them barley getting by. My mother recently passed away and her income is gone, she help and I took care of her as well. Please consider helping my family.
dentist

Post by dentist »

I was subject to wrongful termination and my last employment and I need help. My last paycheck went to looking for jobs and getting gas and paying other bills that needed to be paid. My wife and I are now stuck in a corner and now I fear that we will be kick out on the street.
We have almost run out of food to eat and I need to make it too the welfare office to see if I can get help. I don't know where to turn now for help. My wife is working but her employer only offers 20 hours. If I could get some help it would be amazing.