NEED HELP WITH A TRUST.

State and local government assistance programs.
iluvmy2sons
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

NEED HELP WITH A TRUST.

Post by iluvmy2sons »

hi. im lost & dont know where else to turn. i am a single mother of 2 boys, ages 14 & 10. we all lived in our house with my mother off of warm springs. me & my mother lived there since 1993. my mother died may 23 2010, very suddenly. she went for a dr. appt and 6 days later she was dead. we didnt expect this. she died from end stage pancreatic cancer. when she was in the hospice, 14 hrs from death, her niece had her quit claim her house to her and sign a trust, which left the niece the trustee of the estate, the money, and the assets my mother had. my boys are the beneficiary's of the trust. when they turn 18, all will be liquidated and divided between them. we continued living in the home where the boys grew up. mortage was paid every month, so were the utilities. 5 months later, i decided to move my boys and myself to north carolina, for reasons i dont know. lol.. something different i guess. i had the house rented out, and continued to pay the mortgage payment. 9 months later i moved back, but trustee would not let us move back in to our house. she has the renter there still, and says the house will be a rental for 4 yrs. she actually told us to go to a homeless shelter. she will not communicate with me or the beneficiary's. i am presently living with some friends in henderson, nv. my oldest couldnt stay with me, so he is living in illinois with his other grandmother. my family is seperated, and im so upset about all this. i have talked to many attorney's but they all want a huge retainer fee. i went to free legal aid last week, and discussed my problem with the intake paralegal. but they denied my case as well. all i want is to move back into my house. is that really too much too ask. oh, by the way, i have no transportation, i do , but cant drive it because the trustee has the title to the car, and i need that to get it registered & insured. but she will not give it to me. the car is willed to my oldest when he is 16. so i am stuck and homeless. anyone know a cheap attorney.??? thanks :P
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: NEED HELP WITH A TRUST.

Post by Admin »

There are laws firms in North Carolina that can offer free advice, if that is what you think you need. There are of course income criteria that need to be met, and maybe you do meet those. Find more information on North Carolina free advice. As you will see, the main place to call is Legal Aid of North Carolina, and this non profit can offer aid, advice, representation, etc. all at no cost to qualified people.
iluvmy2sons wrote:hi. im lost & dont know where else to turn. i am a single mother of 2 boys, ages 14 & 10. we all lived in our house with my mother off of warm springs. me & my mother lived there since 1993. my mother died may 23 2010, very suddenly. she went for a dr. appt and 6 days later she was dead. we didnt expect this. she died from end stage pancreatic cancer. when she was in the hospice, 14 hrs from death, her niece had her quit claim her house to her and sign a trust, which left the niece the trustee of the estate, the money, and the assets my mother had. my boys are the beneficiary's of the trust. when they turn 18, all will be liquidated and divided between them. we continued living in the home where the boys grew up. mortage was paid every month, so were the utilities. 5 months later, i decided to move my boys and myself to north carolina, for reasons i dont know. lol.. something different i guess. i had the house rented out, and continued to pay the mortgage payment. 9 months later i moved back, but trustee would not let us move back in to our house. she has the renter there still, and says the house will be a rental for 4 yrs. she actually told us to go to a homeless shelter. she will not communicate with me or the beneficiary's. i am presently living with some friends in henderson, nv. my oldest couldnt stay with me, so he is living in illinois with his other grandmother. my family is seperated, and im so upset about all this. i have talked to many attorney's but they all want a huge retainer fee. i went to free legal aid last week, and discussed my problem with the intake paralegal. but they denied my case as well. all i want is to move back into my house. is that really too much too ask. oh, by the way, i have no transportation, i do , but cant drive it because the trustee has the title to the car, and i need that to get it registered & insured. but she will not give it to me. the car is willed to my oldest when he is 16. so i am stuck and homeless. anyone know a cheap attorney.??? thanks :P
Merwer

Re: NEED HELP WITH A TRUST.

Post by Merwer »

I'm an adoptive child who’s reached the age of 20, and when I was 18 I cashed in my Trust. I have a 9 month old daughter. I'm homeless and my lights will be cut off Thursday. I'm slightly disabled. And can't apply for section 8 because of my age and the income from the Trust. I been on my own and lived and slept outside since I was 17 now that I'm on my own I can barely manage.