Need clothes for kids

State and local government assistance programs.
Kimsmom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need clothes for kids

Post by Kimsmom »

I"m sorry for the inconvenience.I have a family of 7 and just lost my job due to cut backs.We had to sale most of our valuables to move back to Louisiana because cheaper living.Have been everywhere to put in applications but no one is hiring.We have no winter clothes for our children.Girl 9 months,2 boys sizes 6 and 7 boys.Boy 18 husky pants and Large *.Girl size 4 youth.I dont know if you can help and I apologize for the inconvenience.We have been to the salvation army and walked out with 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants.Again we have never had to ask anyone for help before so I"m sorry as I"m sure there are more people who need help more than we do.Be Blessed.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need clothes for kids

Post by Admin »

It depends of what Parish you live in Louisiana. In general try a Salvation Army or Catholic Charities. Most run clothing closets that can provide free new or gently used clothing for children. Find a listing of more assistance programs in Louisiana. Pick your parish from the list midway down the page.
Kimsmom wrote:I"m sorry for the inconvenience.I have a family of 7 and just lost my job due to cut backs.We had to sale most of our valuables to move back to Louisiana because cheaper living.Have been everywhere to put in applications but no one is hiring.We have no winter clothes for our children.Girl 9 months,2 boys sizes 6 and 7 boys.Boy 18 husky pants and Large *.Girl size 4 youth.I dont know if you can help and I apologize for the inconvenience.We have been to the salvation army and walked out with 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants.Again we have never had to ask anyone for help before so I"m sorry as I"m sure there are more people who need help more than we do.Be Blessed.
Brice

Post by Brice »

Me and my wife are going thru rough times. We just had a child, and we need to get her clothing and diapers. Our first one. My wife is a nurse but she's out of work due to lack of vehicle. Our baby is almost 2 months old.
We get food stamps and we have Medicaid. I'm disabled and I have cancer, PTSD and many mental issues. We are in a bad spot. I collect SSI do to my disability, but that is not enough for clothes, much less food.
I get $648 a month, but that hardly makes rent. We are being evicted on the 16 of October. My main concern is our electronic bill and they sent us a disconnect notice October 3. I asked for more time. I told them we have a newborn child and that didn't matter so I went to a local social services, Orange county Virginia office and they said there's no funding for my family.
Can you please help us find help? I've called several churches as well as clothing banks and they just flat said no we can't help you. So please, we really need help. I don't want to lose my family over a minor set back. Please help, thank you and god bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

All we can do is say call a clothing bank, which sounds like you did. We did they flat out say no? What was their reason? There must be some flaw in your application. Anyway, we can't force anyone to help you or anyone else. But we have a listing of other clothing banks you can try, and that is about all we can do.
Brice wrote:Can you please help us find help? I've called several churches as well as clothing banks and they just flat said no we can't help you. So please, we really need help. I don't want to lose my family over a minor set back. Please help, thank you and god bless.
NilaP

Post by NilaP »

Hello,
I am the School Social Worker for Creekside and Parkwood elementary schools here in Durham, NC. I am currently having a difficult time trying to locate clothing assistance for some of my families. I am reaching out to all community resources to try and find some assistance for these families. If you are able to assist or know of any other assistance available please email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.