Burial Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
sandra kennedy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Burial Assistance

Post by sandra kennedy »

Burial Assistance - I'm trying to help a family with burial expenses. They live in Chanilly,VA and do not have the funds for burial. They want to take him back to Illinois to the family plot. Is there any assistance for him. We are going to have a fundraiser on Saturday to help but does the state offer any help?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Burial Assistance

Post by Admin »

Burial expenses are harder to get help with, but they may exist. We think a good place to call is the local Fairfax County Virginia community action agency, which is the Northern Virginia Family Service and can be reached at 703-385-3267. They administer numerous services. Find additional Fairfax County financial assistance programs.
sandra kennedy wrote:Burial Assistance - I'm trying to help a family with burial expenses. They live in Chanilly,VA and do not have the funds for burial. They want to take him back to Illinois to the family plot. Is there any assistance for him. We are going to have a fundraiser on Saturday to help but does the state offer any help?
Ceiling

Post by Ceiling »

I am looking for assistance for a family whose loved one has been admitted to Hospice care. He does not have a life insurance policy and the family has no funds to assist with burial. The patient traveled to NC to visit family and became ill two months ago. He has no available funds or assets. Please advise me as to how we can find burial assistance for this family. The patient wishes to be cremated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some government agencies offer burial assistance for the indigent, such as these. Maybe they can help cremate your loved one.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... costs.html
Also, ask the Hospice worker for advice. Maybe they have suggestions. But in general these type of programs are not common.
Ceiling wrote:I am looking for assistance for a family whose loved one has been admitted to Hospice care. He does not have a life insurance policy and the family has no funds to assist with burial. The patient traveled to NC to visit family and became ill two months ago. He has no available funds or assets. Please advise me as to how we can find burial assistance for this family. The patient wishes to be cremated.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

I’m not sure if you can help or not but I’m trying my hardest to help my friend in need that just lost her husband and has no way to bury/cremate him. She is in her 50's, a server, and her low income qualifies her for student loans and other things so I believe she would meet whatever requirements you might have. PLEASE help in any way possible, we live in San Antonio TX, and appreciate any help you could give. Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.
Cliunches

Post by Cliunches »

I have a daughter who's father passed away Sunday afternoon here in Tuscaloosa Alabama and she needs burial assistance. Her father had no life/burial insurance. My daughter is 24 years older and she is his only child. At this time she is a student and does not work. The only income she has (DID HAVE) was the child support arrears payments ($200) a month her father had to pay me that was directly withdrawn from his disability check. I am trying to help find out if there is any burial assistance she might qualify for.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes DHR in Alabama will pay for a funeral. Look into that for help. Maybe vouchers or grants are offered, and look here for DHR Alabama burial help.
Cliunches wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:19 am I have a daughter who's father passed away Sunday afternoon here in Tuscaloosa Alabama and she needs burial assistance.