SSI programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Nancyfalcone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

SSI programs

Post by Nancyfalcone »

I need SSI assistance and programs. how do I apply for SSI? I heard from my neighbor that SSI and social security low income programs will provide me a variety of aid and other assistance to make it thru hard times I am facing here in New York City. thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI programs

Post by Admin »

Find SSI application and conditions you need to have here. SSI is an effective way to get help for low income.
http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.html
Society

Post by Society »

Good afternoon,
My daughter is 22 years old 4 ½ months pregnant and has been kicked out of her fiancé's mother's home in Green Bay. She does get Wic and SSI and the fiancé's mother get food stamps for my daughter. She is staying with me I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin for a few days and she needs to get insurance of her own ,a place of her own and a job, can someone please help me as she is very emotional right now **
Turadom

Post by Turadom »

To whom it may concern,
I just wanted to start off by saying that you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this email. It pains me to write to you and ask for help, but with a family to raise I feel I have no other choice. My family and I have recently come down on hard financial times due to our struggling economy and issues with unemployment being cut in January, and a delay in my SSI payments.
Luckily we have never had to seek public assistance before in our lives and now I am swallowing my pride to see what might be out there to help. We have three young children, 2 which we have obtained custody of 3 years ago beings their mother has a drug problem, which we must provide for and find that our savings has now been depleted. We are good people that have just fallen on hard times like so many others today. I have searched online in regards to possible rental assistance and food assistance programs.
Currently we are on food stamps to be able to provide food in our home. Our bills keep stacking up considerably with just the necessary essentials that most of us take for granted. We are in jeopardy of having our heat shut off with no resources coming in I am at a loss on what to do? I do not want my children to suffer because of what is going on. My husband can’t find work and I am disabled. I am waiting on my SSI do be approved or not but have yet to receive a response.
We have no family that we can get a loan from which makes this so much harder. We have applied for financial assistance through the government with no luck. The issues regarding unemployment I have no idea when it will be reinstated because there is no agreement on the budget. My intention for writing this letter is not to ask for a hand out but to ask for possible resources that I may look into to get some help until we can get back on our feet. I have never had to deal with this before and I am at a loss on what to do or where I might start. We are searching for work without any luck. If there is any assistance or advice that you can offer to my family that would be wonderful and so kind.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you noted, if your SSI payments are just being delayed, then maybe try a loan. This is good if there is a short term cash issue. But you need to pay it off with your next SSI check.
Also, instead of food stamps, try a pantry. Also, many utility companies have short term payment plans for the disabled. So there are many things you can do during your financial difficulties, and read more on disability loans and how to apply for money.
Turadom wrote:To whom it may concern,
I just wanted to start off by saying that you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this email. It pains me to write to you and ask for help, but with a family to raise I feel I have no other choice. My family and I have recently come down on hard financial times due to our struggling economy and issues with unemployment being cut in January, and a delay in my SSI payments.
Luckily we have never had to seek public assistance before in our lives and now I am swallowing my pride to see what might be out there to help. We have three young children, 2 which we have obtained custody of 3 years ago beings their mother has a drug problem, which we must provide for and find that our savings has now been depleted. We are good people that have just fallen on hard times like so many others today. I have searched online in regards to possible rental assistance and food assistance programs.
Currently we are on food stamps to be able to provide food in our home. Our bills keep stacking up considerably with just the necessary essentials that most of us take for granted. We are in jeopardy of having our heat shut off with no resources coming in I am at a loss on what to do? I do not want my children to suffer because of what is going on. My husband can’t find work and I am disabled. I am waiting on my SSI do be approved or not but have yet to receive a response.
We have no family that we can get a loan from which makes this so much harder. We have applied for financial assistance through the government with no luck. The issues regarding unemployment I have no idea when it will be reinstated because there is no agreement on the budget. My intention for writing this letter is not to ask for a hand out but to ask for possible resources that I may look into to get some help until we can get back on our feet. I have never had to deal with this before and I am at a loss on what to do or where I might start. We are searching for work without any luck. If there is any assistance or advice that you can offer to my family that would be wonderful and so kind.
JohnsonC

Post by JohnsonC »

Hello,
I hope this email finds you well.  My family is desperately in need of any financial assistance the can be provided, including SSI programs.
My significant other was diagnosed with a malignant sarcoma in January of this year.  He has been out of work with little financial assistance since March.  I was working up until April and I was able to cover all of our expenses with no problem. My job ended in April and I have been on unemployment until last week when my Dr. placed me on temporary disability.
I was previously diagnosed with a trigger finger that will require surgery.  I was scheduled to have surgery in May and get on a local SSI program.  When I went for pre-admission testing the dr. discovered that there was something wrong with my heart.  I've undergone extensive heart tests and I am scheduled to have a Cardiac Catherization to determine what the issue is.  I can't be cleared for my hand surgery until they know what is wrong with my heart.
We are behind in rent and utilities and are facing eviction within the next few weeks.  Please advise if any financial assistance can be offered from your organization.
Thank you for your time.
Regards,